main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Jedi Purge

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gabricjen, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    How's that for a live action TV show title? FOcus on Boba Fett as he is mentored on Tatooine by Aurra Sing. See new Jedi as they run from the Empire and a pursuing Vader. See the seeds of the rebellion as Bail Organa organizes a secret committee in a remote location. See the building of the Death Star. Visit Naboo and Captain typho, his Uncle Panaka and the Naboo security force as they work in secret under the watching eye of the Imperial Shocktroopers. Mon Mothma. A young Tarkin. :)

I see the TV series as very intriguing and addicting...

and how about changing the title each season? Jedi Purge Season 1, Rise of the Dark Lord Season 2, etc...

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I think we will see Boba Fett, Bossk, and Aurra Sing a lot but I the focus should go to a completely new character. I think we will see Bounty Hunters hunting down Jedi and people a apart of the Rebellion. I think we'll probably see Granf Moff Tarkin giving orders to Bounty Hunters on some missions. Since Boba Fett is one of my favorite characters I would not be mad if he got the focus but I would prefer it if it focused on a completely new character but I think we'll see Boba Fett a lot anyway. What do you think of this title Star Wars:The Dark Times. I got it from Obi-Wan line in ANH "Before the dark times, before the empire." and it is also going to appearantly focus on Imperial Bounty Hunters so I think it would work perfectly.

3. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    How's that for a live action TV show title?
    How's that for a 'no.':p

4. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Ain't gonna happen. Hollywood allows stretches sometimes with "dark" movies but only when they're more than balanced with movies where the good guy wins. To have a series that is 100% dark? Won't happen. They might have a series with a few "very special" episodes where someone dies, but (ER as an exception) they won't make a show where at least one person dies per episode. The marketers / producers wouldn't believe there would be any viewers.

5. DARTHNECRO

DARTHNECRO Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    I hope lucas learnes from the horrible remake tv show battlestar gallactica with star buck as a hot chick BOOOO!Keep it real george !But i believe hes filling in the questions we have asked for years and with episode 3 in my dvd collection im still hungry!Im shure he wont dissapoint!You will see bobba grow and train in his fathers footsteps of a new mentor?The clones will evolve to stormtroopers along with the recruitment of stormtroopers bieng assimilated thruout the galaxy much like ancient rome.New Jedi will emerge along with a few old jedi a short green jedi master perhaps?The droids Will probally not be in it tho they are on tattoine with the skywalkers.But i suspect many wookies new droids and bounty hunters.But in every tv series there is a main core of characters but what race and make will they be?

6. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    The drids are on Tatooine??? Dude,have you seen Star Wars. The droids are with Captain Antilles on Alderaan. Lucas is the only one who could get away with a dark series so all rules go out the window...it will be gritty and dark and Jedi Purge is perfect...

7. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    You mean the Emmy-award-winning show that Time Magazine selected as one of the top five best dramas on TV, TV Guide voted as second-best Sci-Fi show of all time, and is currently the most-watched show on the Sci-Fi Channel?

If anything, Lucas better TAKE some pointers from BSG.

Also, to the above poster who questioned whether TV producers would allow dark shows where characters are killed very often, BSG is an example that they have no problem with it.

8. UPwind-ooooh

UPwind-ooooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    I honestly think GL and his yet-to-be selected writers are (or will be) watching boards like these, looking for ideas and letting us have a (small) say. Am I completely naive or just totally delusional? 8-}

9. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    There is quite a difference between a dark show and one where characters are killed often. A show based on bounty hunting would be a great example of a show where the characters are killed often.

10. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    There's also a difference between established characters being killed off often, and anonymous redshirts getting killed every episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.