main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Join the Resistance book series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Most awesome writing team name ever!

Never seen ANY of their work.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, I foresee the Resistance being treated as lighthearted heroic do gooders in future canon.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Servants of the Empire is among the best things to come out of the entire new canon.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Can't tell if this is a joke about how most of their work is audio, but if it is, well done!

I mean depending on who the work was aimed at the Empire, the Rebel Alliance, the Republic, and the Jedi have all at some point been treated in a lighthearted way in lit.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Bold words my friend. Especially for someone who loves Bloodlines and Catalyst quite a bit

Oh i didn't know that i just like how their names rhyme

As for your part about depiction pretty much yes

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Servants of the Empire is good. Really good. There is a thread on here about them (or just check Jason Fry's thread) but the consensus is very nearly unanimous that the series is up there with any of the new canon.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I really should consider buying Servants of the Empire, it has the first appearance of Hux's dad. So that excites me.

vncredleader likes this.
  8. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I don't mean that they are anything like terrorists in how they act but rather are branded that way. Like I said: "a paramilitary organization that is branded as a terrorist group and borders being a vigilante organization" and " They ran away from the Republic and come off like a terrorist group headed by Vader's daughter and a bunch of conspiracy theorists ". I by no means think they are anything like a terrorist group but the idea that we have seen used is that the public thinks of them as being akin to one cause they do not have all the facts. Again "publicly". In reality they are funded by the Republic but to the masses they are just a terrorist group or a shady paramilitary organization who are dangerous. I don't see where at all I argued that they are more of a terrorist group than the Rebellion was. My point was that they are though of that way by the public (who are frankly always wrong due to sensationalism in the press) and in reality " borders being a vigilante organization". My point is not that they are anything like terrorists but that they are more like vigilantes than the Rebellion was. Like I said they are the minutemen of the GFFA. The Rebellion is Robin Hood and his merry men that then become the Allied powers.
    I keep saying it "Leia is Frank Miller Batman" Now I wanna see her beat up Hux in a mud pit.......that sounded wrong

9. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think I'm going to be rooting for this just for the possibility of annoying Dr Steve.

10. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The Edelweiss preview has a lot of interesting details. Notably:
    one of our young heroes is a Jerjerrod! and Gial Ackbar is in it!

vncredleader and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

When I saw that I was like That's interesting. consider his grandfather got blown up 30 years ago.

12. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Soooooo is this going to have a tone similar to Adventures in wild space or servants of the empire?

Plus do we know how many books are going to be in this series?

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'LL TAKE A DOZEN!
    [​IMG]

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    [Well I am game. So glad we are getting something connected to Jerjerrod ]

15. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

This looks to be aimed at 10-12 years, so more like Servants of the Empire in age group than AIWS (which is for 7-9.)

In terms of the tone, it looks more light-hearted than SotE, though not so zany that it feels out of place in the main SW universe (so, not like Lego SW or the Jedi Academy books.)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    !!!!!!!!

!!

!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Huh, I'm digging this! Great to see a Rodian, is the pink girl a Zeltron? I'm always a fan of alien diversity, so hopefully we see more.

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  18. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

Yep.

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I love rodians, Greedo gave them a bad rep and aside from TCW/rebels we don't see enough main characters made from them!

#GreedoSoloFilm:p

Vthuil, JediBatman and vncredleader like this.
  20. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I agree, and would also add that we need more main character/good guy Trandoshans.

[​IMG]

Sish Sadeet died for your sins!

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm intrigued.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Preview pages up HERE
    Yeah "Jo" Jerjerrod... nothing fishy about that, right Ackbar? Not even post-ROTJ? You just gonna put that fella in charge of everything?​

23. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, surely Ackbar thought that bearing the name of a famous Imperial or even descending from said individual, doesn't automatically means you share said ancestor's views. Look at how IRL so many grandchildren of Nazis repudiate their forebears.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Jerjerrod's no Krennic but he was up there on the DS command list. I mean maybe we find out he was the lone loose cannon in his family of altruistic tree-hugging charity donors, but.......

Daneira and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    It looks like that Canon!Jerjerrod was more of a cowardly evil than wilfully evil, going by this:
    But anyway, it doesn't mean anything about his descendants. In Legends, Tarkin's own niece became a Rebel, didn't she? And Veers' son too.