main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Join the Resistance book series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Dec 7, 2016.

1. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Wait...why have I just now seen this? This is right up my alley. A plucky band of early-teen Resistance pilots who somehow are in the Resistance even though it makes no sense and spend most of their time involved in hilarious hijinks entirely unrelated to their actual duties sounds wonderful! I hope Ackbar's a Dad figure who keeps rolling his goggle eyes and going "MAAAATTTIIISSS" all the time, and I hope the Zeltron girl gets in lots of hilarious not-Romantic sniping and eye-rolling at our hero only to finally acknowledge his bravery and not-total-uselessness and they have a touching moment together and awwwww, and I hope there's a fat friend whose only character trait is being fat and kind of goofy but everyone loves him, and I hope that the "stuffy leader" character is really mean and taciturn but it's eventually revealed he has a dark past and we have an emotional moment and learn a valuable lesson about friendship. Also, Jo Jerjerrod is a hilarious name.

Give me your your stupid child characters, your huddled masses of lepi yearning to eat Space Carrots! I'm ready! Let's get some fun stuff in this canon already!

You're acting like the Glove of Darth Vader wasn't the best thing about the old EU hands down.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Going by the actor's age, combined with Jerjerrod's rank of Rear Admiral in Tarkin, he's very young to have progressed as far as he has. Even if we have the character be a bit older than the actor, he still seems like something of a prodigy.

3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Apparently, Jerjerrod's fast progress was due to his architectural genius (both for building and ships).

4. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Him being a genius could explain why it was apparently built so fast in comparison to the old one.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Indeed, it's quite interesting that former Imperial families are working with the Resistance rather than the FO. It's almost as if the FO are illegitimate zealots.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That would make a interesting parallel to Nazi Germany were many of the leaders weren't part of the rich aristocrat of the German Empire but a lot of them were well....Poor Lower Middle Class folk. Heck Himmler was a chicken farmer before he became head of the Waffen SS. I'd love to see future leaders of the FO be of that sort of "class" I suppose.

7. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    The Goonies.

Do kids these days know The Goonies? Marketing something as "1977-1983 meets 1985" would make much more sense to me if it were a product for nostalgia-ridden late-thirty-early-forty-somethings...

...oh, wait.

8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I made a reference to War Games in one of my classes a few months ago, and then realized no one seemed to know what I was talking about, so I asked them who had actually seen it. I think it was 2 out of the 40 students. More surprisingly, another time I mentioned The Matrix, and only one student had actually seen it.

Snax Rebo and Grey1 like this.
  9. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Just say, "It's one of the movies Stranger Things was based on" and they'll probably go "Oh!" at least.

Snax Rebo, Dr. Steve Brule and Grey1 like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya, I still don't understand what 30 years ago was. Maybe they meant 10 years ago?

11. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I'm 29. Most people my age that I know seem to love the Goonies, I saw it once and didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Resistance uses child soldiers?
    Jeez.
    Zeltrons are cool, I guess.

13. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Y'know what? This'll be fun, I could tell. It's about time we get some nucanon "light" material. I hope this follows in the tradition of Middle-Grade EU books and has odd bits of trivia that will almost never be brought up again.

And Zeltrons! Yes!

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Finally someone who agrees with me. And is my exact age, for novelty.

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I never understood what people saw in the Goonies....I stopped watching after like 15 minutes of it.

Vthuil likes this.
  16. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Everyone in Star Wars uses child soldiers. The Clone Wars were fought by legions of genetically altered ten-to-thirteen year old humans led by Jedi as young as fourteen. The Rebellion regularly recruits teenagers. Imperial stormtroopers enter basic training between the ages of twelve and fourteen. The First Order indoctrinates their armed forces from birth.

17. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Clone Troopers are still biologically adults. I assume the Jedi agreed on allowing Padawans leadership roles in the GAR when they donated it to the Republic. As for the rest, I don't follow NuCanon, so…never paid it any thought.

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Just noticed there's a summary for the second book on Amazon.com:

Mattis, Lorica, AG-90 and Jo have been captured by the First Order! And things only go from bad to worse when Jo turns traitor on them as soon as they're in custody, and AG is taken away to be reprogrammed as a villainous First Order droid! Can the squabbling Mattis and Lorica work together to figure out a way to escape before they are interrogated or worse? Meanwhile, Dec and Sari seek out the help of the intimidating gangster Harra the Hutt to save their friends, but bargaining with a Hutt brings its own set of problems. The members of J Squadron will need quick planning and even quicker moves if any of them are going to survive!

PS: Sorry for bumping this thread but I figured it'd be OK since I didn't see that synopsis posted in here.

19. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Harra the Hutt. Yeah, I think I'm right about this including some fun Jedi-Prince-esque stuff.

20. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Those monsters! Who would dare to take a poor droid, wipe its memory, and rewrite its personality and loyalty to make it turn on its former allies? How could they do something so evil?

[​IMG]

*cough*

21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    AG-90? An AG model?!? You mean like this one:
    [​IMG]

Dr. Steve Brule and vncredleader like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Isn't that an IG?

vncredleader likes this.
  23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yes, it is.

24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That one in particular is named AG-37. That is what he meant.

spicer likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Gotcha.