main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Kenobi by John Jackson Miller

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJenari, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll admit I was skimming the page and read "He must stop being Obi-Wan- and become like Darth Plagueis!" at first glance.

Obi-Wan's really starting to become a sort of internationalgalactic man of mystery. Disguises here and there, women there and here. Betta watch yo back, Cross my man.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This is around the time when we usually see a cover; I wonder if that original piece still has a chance or if they're definitively working on something new. JohnJacksonMiller?

3. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I got embarrassed reading this.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Someone needs to fire the people writing these blurbs, they seem to be getting worse with each book. o_O

Zorrixor and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  5. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Nothing is as incomprehensible as the Crucible blurb. Nothing.

Zorrixor likes this.
  6. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Good to see I'm not the only one. That was terrible; no glimpse of a plot in sight.

7. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I don't see how they'll come up with a better idea than the original artwork we were shown. Then again, this is the company that gave us the cover of Millennium Falcon.

8. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

I see "Ben" sprawled naked in the street drunk and singing loudly.

9. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    "The greatest hero in the galaxy faces his toughest challenge yet: He must stop being Obi-Wan-and become Crazy Old Ben."

Just think - in the right hands this could have been one of the greatest comedy novels ever. I'm picturing Crazy Old Ben going on drunken sprees and sleeping with Jawa Hookers.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Jawa Hookers...? [face_plain]

cdgodin and Sitara like this.
  11. Cad Bane

Cad Bane Jedi Knight

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes I totally went there.

Utini!

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    In this original novel set between the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV A New Hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi comes to the aid of the residents of Tatooine during his exile. But he struggles with his new mission when he realizes that protecting Luke Skywalker-the last hope of the galaxy-means setting aside his compassion and his Jedi warrior training, for the future of the galaxy lies not with Obi-Wan Kenobi, but with a mystical desert recluse known only by the name of Crazy Old Ben."

well some of this is covered in the Life and Legend of Obi Wan. i don't see how this novel is going to offer much

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Considering this is JJM we're talking about, perhaps Zutton will team up with Obi-Wan. That can offer a lot more than Windham's book. :p

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Same way as Darth Plagueis, Star Wood, LSatSoM and numerous other stories written about existing characters in existing eras with existing stories and existing endpoints have been able to offer something.

instantdeath and Chewbacca89 like this.
  15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    They really want to ride with Plagueis' fame, don't they? Other than being a Star Wars novel, this book doesn't look like Darth Plagueis at all.

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    *cough* pessimists *cough*

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Foul Ole Ben roamed the streets of Mos Eisley, a half-empty bottle of Bearhugger's Finest clutched to his chest, muttering: "Buggrit, hand and shrimp."

(with apologies to Sir Terry Pratchett)

18. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Obi-Wan's wrists, being swollen from years of overuse due to solitude, may have to change his lightsaber style. Is there any evidence between Episode III and IV that there has been a lightsaber Form change by Obi-Wan. I don't mean changes to due the detriments of age, but due to swollen wrists. Curious. [face_thinking]

Cad Bane likes this.
  19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, I doubt Tatooine moonshine is going to be particularly good for you when you've been used to the fine wines of Coruscant. :p

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ben Kenobi: Drunken Master

Zorrixor likes this.
  21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So Obi-Wan creates a new form of lightsaber combat called Drunken Hilt?

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    He started developing it during that one time on Cato Nemoidia, in Labyrinth of Evil.

Zeta1127 and Valairy Scot like this.
  23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    How would it effect styles though, if Obi-Wan preferred one hand of the other, and that wrist got swollen, whilst the other was normal?

Cad Bane likes this.
  24. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    HA HA HA! You're implying that Obi-Wan masturbated a lot while on Tatooine! HA HA HA! That is so witty and mature! I am, in the parlance of our time, rolling on the floor with laughter! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

25. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Well now that you have explained the joke, it is no longer funny. Good on you, sir comedian, good show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.