main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars kid strikes back

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Holy cow, if the video didn't make him look sad, this story really does:

The four students who allegedly put the video on the Internet are facing a $250,000 lawsuit. It claims Raza has suffered "harassment," "ridicule" and "persecution" at school and in the public at large.
    Raza ended up leaving high school and finishing his year in the psychiatric wing of a local hospital.

An employee of Raza's old school says the pressure on the young man was intolerable.

"When 500 people laugh at you every noon when you walk into the cafeteria, it can't be easy," says Rafael Jacob.

And in cyberspace it's not easy keeping a low profile once you get linked to Star Wars.

"Star Wars is one of the biggest virtual communities. There are millions of fans. So take this kid, put it together with Star Wars and bingo, it's a hit," says Internet consultant Francois Charron.

I think the reason most people laughed at him was because he acted so stupid about it. If he would have just gone along with it everybody probably would have thought he was pretty cool. I know I have enough stupid video on my harddrive involving me, lightsabers, and karate equipment that I could make a fortune.

2. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Forward your stuff to me, and I'll post it someplace on the web, and we'll split the cash.

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Sounds like a deal to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.