Star Wars Kid

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    This just posted on TheForce.net main page.

More on Star Wars Kid Lawsuit
    Fri, Jul 25, 03 04:14:01 PM EDT

We posted news of the Star Wars Kid lawsuit on Wednesday (click here for that story), but here's more info from The Globe and Mail:
    In a statement of claim filed last week in their home town of Trois-Rivières, the Razas say that Ghyslain was so widely mocked at his private high school that he dropped out.
    He had to finish the session at Pavillon Arc-en-ciel, a ward specializing in child psychiatry at the Trois-Rivières Regional Hospital Centre. Ghyslain "will be under psychiatric care for an indefinite amount of time," the statement of claim says.

"The stigma of mental illness can generate social prejudices having severe consequences" on the young man, including making it more difficult for him to enroll in the school of his choice or get a job, or even forcing him to change his name, the document added.

The article goes on to say:
    The statement of claim includes lengthy excerpts that it says come from Internet chats in May between the pranksters.
    Complete with misspellings, bad grammar and cyber-style acronyms, the exchanges are used in the statement of claim as evidence that the boys lacked remorse. They also brag in them that they evaded attempts by school officials to find the culprits behind Ghyslain's misfortunes.

While the video of Ghyslain's antics generated some derisive Internet comments, others felt bad and started raising money for him. One group collected more than $3,000 (U.S.), which they used to buy him an Apple iPod portable music player.

In the excerpts from Internet chats filed in court, the four appear to be plotting ways to get the gifts sent to another address so they can keep the iPod for themselves.

Click here to read the full article.

I must say that when I first saw the video I laughed because it was fun and I know I have done the same thing once or twice. I also know we all looked exactly the same at the Trek Expo playing with our Park Sabers! :) I must say that I think the four pranksters are getting what they deserve for torturing this poor kid.

I just gotta say "You the man Star Wars Kid!"
  2. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea it is kinda sad. It's a shame the kid doesn't have the strength of will or character to stand put up with meaningless words at school.

As for him not getting into collage or work later in life, well that's his parents fault for making thing a nation wide known issue. And even still, like 1% of the US will even remember this in 6 months. That statement is a little dumb, especially after he grows up and doesn't look the same anymore.
  3. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree totally.

Sticks and Stone will break my bones but Words will never hurt me.

I think the kid needs to be taught the above and that this to shall pass!
  4. pinata242 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That philosophy is all well and good, but in all fairness none of us have ever been in his situation. Nothing we have done has been so widely publicized and ridiculed. I can understand totally not wanting to be around his old school anymore, but I don't think he'll be able to find a school where the same thing wouldn't start up again. All it takes is one kid who knows about it and it starts all over again.

High school is often such an awkward time for most people that they still don't even know who they are yet so "sticks and stones" really doesn't apply because the idea of "me" is still being formed in most cases.

But, you're right, in a few years, no one will care and he'll probably have accepted the humor in it and be able to move on. Especially if his wallet is a bit fatter. In fact, at college, he'll probably be able to showcase his "talent" to the delight of party-goers and girls everywhere! :) Ah, college...
  5. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
    You are very right that this has gotten bigger than sticks and stones. I am just curious of who let out his name? I mean there was no reason to let that out on the internet except to cause this boy more strife.

I truely believe that the 4 boys involved to begin probably are spoiled or just don't have a real relationship with their parents. We seem to be seeing more and more of the attitude of parents that society is to blame for there childrens behaviors. That is such a crock of feces. If parents are involved in their childrens lives more then we would have less of these spoiled children enjoying someone elses misery.
  6. MysticTrunks01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehe, you said Feces... hehehe
  7. Pike_and_Glaive Jedi Padawan

Having never seen the video, I can offer no comment about it. However, I would like to throw my input into the forray for what its worth.

I was subject to what was some of the most malicious jokes when I was a child. To this day, the older kids who picked on me ocationally run into my brother and brag about how they pushed me around and did horrible things to me.

I think the one thing that noone has said yet is that there are people out there who are truely evil in their intent, and until they are made to suffer in some way, they will still continue to mercilessly prosicute their prey for no other reason than their own personal elivation within their small elite circles.

These four think they won, I want to see them suffer the same fait they are still laughing about, then we can talk about forgiveness and the like.

Pike and Glaive
    (new subscriber)
  8. IMAXPoe Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.