main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Kinect gameplay footage

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by zacparis, Aug 20, 2011.

1. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-kinect-star/719375

There are no words.

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Was there a...point to that gameplay?

It seemed like tha rancor did whateer it wanted, despite what the guy was trying to do.

First time i'll have to skip a SW game I have the system for.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    *sells kinect*

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    This will outsell all other games this christmas and prove that there is no reason to have any faith left in anything.

5. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001

6. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I can't let myself believe that they'd sell a game as unpolished as that. I'm sure that it will see improvements before it hits the shelves.

That being said, I doubt I would buy it no matter how good it is. I don't have a kinect, and I have better things to spend my money on over the next year or so.

Evil.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    That's Rampage Kinect

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Story

The release date has been delayed til 2012. Hit the link to see the story on TFN.

This is the quote from Microsoft: "Microsoft and LucasArts have elected to move the launch of Kinect Star Wars beyond holiday 2011 to ensure the full potential of this title is realized," a spokesperson told us. "This move applies to both the Kinect Star Wars stand-alone game and the Kinect Star Wars Limited Edition Console. We will communicate additional timing information at a later date."

9. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Smart move for the delay. There are a number of Kinect games with fantastic response times such as Dance Central, Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures. if they want to make a big splash with this title it has to be responsive to commands.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm more sad that they're delaying the Star Wars 360, I was thinking of getting that at Christmas time, and it just looks so shiny. I still wish they weren't bundling in Kinect and the Star Wars Kinect game, but guess that's how they make money, put an awesome paint job together with a gadget I'll probably rarely use (I know I won't be bothering with it in ME3 for instance) and what will probably be another sub-par Star Wars game (I hope not, especially if I do pick up the whole set, but I'm not expecting much).

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It appears that the game (and the Xbox bundle) have a release date of Apr 3rd 2012.

[image=http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/xbox_360_kinect_star_wars_0-580x408.jpg]

I don't have an Xbox and I really want this game so the bundle is appealing to me. My two hesitations:

1) Price ($449.00 is pretty steep)
    2) Potential Out dated-ness (If they announce the next gen Xbox at E3 2013, like rumors suggest, it puts a sour taste in my mouth about having an outdated system so quickly after purchase. What would be even worse is if Microsoft announces the next gen Xbox at this years's E3.

Anyone else in this predicament like me? What do you plan on doing? What do you suggest I do? Will they even make a Star Wars themed next gen Xbox? Will it be worth waiting potentially two years (or more) as I really want to play Star Wars Kinect this April?

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

12. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Wait till E3. If they announce the nextBox this year, don't get it. Especially if the next Xbox is announced to be backward compatible. If they don't announce anything this year, consider buying the bundle. That's my advice.