main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic... GAME OF YEAR!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediUruviel, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    If anyone in here gets G4TechTV, then you will know that Knights of the Old Republic got Game of the Year at Gephoria over Call of Duty and other games that I was so sure would beat the true masterpiece... ^_^ That always seems to happen too. The game *cough* Star Wars *cough* LotR *cough* that deserves to win gets beaten out by some crap fragging game (no offense to fragging fans).

Anyways, I just thought I'd pass that on, and I will shut up now and let you all enjoy your peace. *runs*

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I didn't like KOTOR either.

3. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    KOTOR was good, but thats not really my style of game. I would have rather seen COD get it. I don't know, normally I hate the way Star Wars games are overlooked(similarly to the movies) for awards, but KOTOR should have won some awards last year when it was up for them, not game of the year a year after it starts getting nominations for them. I think that since its release several games have been much better, KOTOR should have been recognized for original gameplay. I mean its the WOTC SW D20 system put into a game that really has a lot of options, though it really is a more linear game than most people will admit to themselves. The end of the game is the same if you are light or dark, you still have to do the same thing, just for different reasons.

Edit: 1 short sentence turned into rant.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I hear KOTOR2 will be a lot better in the reguards you speak of yimg. I really want to play the original, but for some reason my computer won't let me. Guess I'll have to trek over to Randy's to play it or get an XBox.

5. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    CuppaJoe, I'm saying that I'm HAPPY that KOTOR got the award.

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    oh the crappy game was the lotr game? haha...oh well. I still didn't like KOTOR.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The only SW game I have never played... KOTOR. I really want to though.. My PC can't handle the graphics on it. The game is too advanced for me, lol. I did watch the G4TTV awards, little confused why they had those sex symbols doing stuff for video games, but oh well. Glad KOTOR won. Oh yeah, btw, why did they change it from TTV to G4TTV?

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, btw, why did they change it from TTV to G4TTV?

Oh God no, not a discussion about that vile channel!! I swear everytime Randy comes over to my place that's the only channel he watches. I've been tempted to put a block on it so he can't watch anymore. When he first discovered it at his parents house I wanted to poke my eyes out! The whole trip he did nothing but watch it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr..

::pant, pant:: Ok, done with my rant for now. Back to Physics.

9. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    At the beginning of the summer it got swapped over, pretty bad, they dumbed down the few good TTV shows they kept, and put in gaming shows mostly aimed at the 7-12 crowd. I wouldn't mind watching the dumb shows as much (there is some good info, or at least trailors for games I don't have) except that most of the time all the shows are reruns from at least the previous month. They talk about games they are waiting for to come out, that have already been out for weeks/months. Anyway, they messed up in my book.

10. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. I like the channel, I don't really watch it religiously though (I leave that to the SPEED channel... ;) ). But I do like some of the shows on there. X-Play is pretty good, and I liked Icons(especially when they did a show on LucasArts. :D )

They did sort of dumb it down a bit, but I don't think it's for younger kids to watch.

11. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    KOTOR2: The Sith Lords, comes out in December.

12. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    REALLY?! *runs and adds that to her "I WANT IT" list*

13. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I don't get any Christmas presents this year. I already got it (a flat screen monitor).

But I think that I wouldn't also mind an abolishment of the 1ppm rule.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    But I think that I wouldn't also mind an abolishment of the 1ppm rule.

Muwhahaha, I no longer am bitten by that bug.

Jon, I'll get you a christmas gift this christmas. Flat screen or not, everyone needs something ;)

15. JediUruviel

Aug 22, 2004
    WE MUST BAND TOGETHER TO GET JON A PRESENT!

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Muwhahaha, I no longer am bitten by that bug.

Please explain yourself Dajuan. Have you learned how to hack? ;)

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Nope, I just got the blue name. If you have VIP status you are exempt from the oppm. I think I have a one post per 15 seconds rule. Not that I have posted that quickly recently anyway. With the boards running as slowly as they have been and with my net connection, there have been no worried about being bit by the oppfs. (one post per fifteen seconds).

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hehe, very lucky Dajuan. It's like being a senior in high school, you have all of the goods. ;)

19. Master_Duffy

Master_Duffy Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I loved this game. It is by far my favorite Star Wars game. Just a great RPG.

20. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Check out LucasArts.com and you can see a trailer for KOTORII: Sith Lords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.