main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by FlamingBladeSaber, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Republic verges on collapse. Darth Malak, last surviving apprentice of the Dark Lord Revan, has unleashed an invincible Sith armada upon the galaxy.

Crushing all resistance, Malak's war of conquest has left the Jedi Order scattered and vulnerable as countless numbers of Knights fall in battle, many more swear allegiance to the new Sith master.

In the skies above the outer rim world of Taris, a Jedi battle fleet engages the forces of Darth Malak in a desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic domination...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. No Auto-hitting. This is a fairly basic rule. It means do not assume someone else's reaction, because they might have a different idea for what their character is doing. You may suggest a reaction, such as the amount of damage taken from an attack, but if they can think of a viable reason as to why they shouldn't take that damage, so be it.

2. No God-moding. Another simple, yet easy-to-break rule. If you aren't familiar with the term, it basically means no creating characters with no weakness, no superweapons, etc. Also falling into this category is creating a character with things they shouldn't have. For example, you could not start Joe Blow with a Deathstar. This brings up another part of the rule: Superweapons. Superweapons are not tolerated. If your not sure, ask.

3. No using OOC information. This rule simply states that you shouldn't use things you know OOC, or Out of Character, in character(IC). All that means is just because you know something, your character doesn't. If your character has a reason to know something and you can explain it when asked, then more power to you, but "He knows through the Force" isn't going to save you, so be prepared to back yourself up. If you cannot prove your character should know, then other players can disregard your presence in that scene.

4. Do not manage other people's characters in any way, shape, or form. This means that you cannot control them, post damage for them, etc. UNLESS THEY GIVE YOU PERMISSION. This includes the NON-PLAYER CHRACTERS (NPC's) that the GM is running as well...unless told otherwise.

5. Dont kill off anothers chracter. (Unless the GM states that is ok in the game.)

6. No profanity.

7. This is your chance to play Kotor differently and either brake the Sith or make them, Have fun! - Well..only if ya really want to! PM character sheets please.

---------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Affiliation:

Personality
    ---Traits:

Appearance
    ---Skin Color:
    ---Hair Color:
    ---Eye Color:
    ---Clothing:
    ---Other Attributes:
    ---Other Details:

Weapons:

Starship
    ---Name:
    ---Class:
    ---Hyperdrive Class:
    ---Weapon(s):
    ---Shields:
    ---Passenger(s):
    ---Interior Description:
    ---Other Details:

The Force (Force sensitive characters only!)
    ---Sensitivity: Yes/No - I'll decide how much.
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s):
    -----Blade(s):
    -----Color(s):
    -----Handle Description(s):
    ---Force Abilities:
    ---Force Weakness:

Biography
    ---Personal History:
    ---Military History:
    ---Traumatic Experiances:

I reserve the right to play Revan, or, Corric Leema.

Characters available:
    Darth Malak
    Trask Ulgo (republic soldier commando)
    Bastila Shan
    Carth Onasi
    Jolee Bindu
    Darth Bandon
    Calo Nord
    Admiral Saul Karath
    Davik Kang
    Mission Vao
    HK-47
    Female Revan.
    Zaalbar
    Others...(Must be from Kotor, including the Jedi council members on Dantooine.)

2. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Name: Darth Revan/Corric Leema
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Affiliation: Republic Soldier/Force Sensitive.

Personality
    ---Traits: Confident, kind and freindly.
    ---Dislikes: War and dark side force users.

Appearance: http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/338/1047483757.jpg
    ---Skin Color: Peace coloured, natural tan.
    ---Hair Color: Brown. Long.
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Clothing: Changes from time to time.
    ---Other Attributes: Physically fit.
    ---Other Details: None.

Weapons: Vibroblade.

Starship - N/A
    ---Name: NA
    ---Class: NA
    ---Hyperdrive Class: NA
    ---Weapon(s): NA
    ---Shields: NA
    ---Passenger(s): NA
    ---Interior Description: NA
    ---Other Details: NA

The Force
    ---Sensitivity: Extremely.
    ---Lightsaber - Not yet gained.
    -----Crystal(s): Not yet gained.
    -----Blade(s): Not yet gained.
    -----Color(s): Not yet gained.
    -----Handle Description(s): Not yet gained.
    ---Force Abilities: None of yet.
    ---Force Weakness: None of yet.

Biography
    ---Personal History: Nearly 4,000 years before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope, a group of mercenaries known as the Mandalorians began raiding worlds on the edge of the galaxy. The Jedi Order insisted on staying out of the war, but Revan, followed by his best friend, fellow Jedi Malak, left with a force of Jedi Knights to defend the galaxy with the Republic fleet. After a series of battles, Revan and Malak destroyed the Mandalorians and won the war, with Revan especially earning the awe and respect of the militaristic Mandalorians, who had served Ulic Qel-Droma, the apprentice of previous Dark Lord Exar Kun, in the Great Sith War.

After the war, Revan took ships beyond the known galaxy in search of an ancient artifact known as the Star Forge. For several years prior to the war, Revan and Malak had been researching artifacts in reference to this powerful Star Forge. They discovered that it was a massive space station with the ability to produce an almost limitless number of ships by siphoning power from a nearby star and feeding on the dark side energies imbued in it by its builders. Revan and Malak fell to the dark side and became Sith Lords, creating a massive fleet to destroy the Republic and the Jedi, and taking the reins of Exar Kun's decrepit Brotherhood of the Sith, reforming it into a militaristic empire.

The reinvigorated Sith won battle after battle, until a young Jedi named Bastila Shan began using her Battle Meditation, a rare and powerful ability of the Force that increases the combat effectiveness of the Republic's forces and attacks the will of enemy combatants, after which point the war became a conflict of attrition. Even with this power, however, the Republic forces knew that they could not hold out forever against the Sith. In a desperate attempt to end the war, the Republic set a trap for Revan and Malak, during which Bastila and a team of Jedi boarded Revan's flagship and managed to corner the Dark Lord on the bridge. As of the one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time, it is likely that Revan would have defeated Bastila and the remnants of her Jedi strike force, but Malak chose that moment to destroy both Revan and Bastila, seizing the mantle of Dark Lord and eliminating the greatest threat to the Sith Empire in a single brilliant stroke. He fired upon the flagship from a nearby battle cruiser, but was not successful in killing the Jedi. In the chaos, Revan, nearly dead, his mind damaged beyond total recovery, was captured by the Jedi. Revan's broken mind was reprogrammed by the Jedi Council to hide the Dark Lord's old identity, while enabling the Jedi to use Revan's subconscious memories to locate the Star Forge and destroy it.

---Military History: Mandalorian Wars.
    ---Traumatic Experiances: Lost memory in battle with Jedi.

3. bustabus_7

bustabus_7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I will be Co GM and Jolee Bindo. Start joining ppl!!!!

4. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Yes, please start joining. I don't understand why people don't want to, it's a really popular game and one of the best at that. The storyline doesn't have to follow, it depends on how your character shapes his own destiny, somehow it will have to tie into the plotline though.

5. Shiro-Oni

Shiro-Oni Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2005
    OOC:Cool. HK-47!
    Name: HK-47
    Species: Assasination Droid
    Homeworld: None
    Affiliation: His current Master

Personality
    ---Traits: Homicidal, Has a passion for wanton Murder
    ---Dislikes: Not Killing

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: Brown-red armor
    ---Hair Color: none
    ---Eye Color: red optic nerve
    ---Clothing: none

Weapons: A specialized blaster rifle

The Force
    ---Sensitivity:No
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s): N/A
    -----Blade(s): N/A
    -----Color(s): N/A
    -----Handle Description(s): N/A
    ---Force Abilities: None
    ---Force Weakness: Most ALter

Biography
    ---Personal History: Owned orignially by Revan, sold to various personages after Revan's capture, eventually ended up in a droid shop on Tatooine
    ---Military History: None
    ---Traumatic Experiances: Being separated from Revan.

Is that allright?

6. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    OOC: Yeah, HK is cool, but you were supposed to PM me or Bustabus7 the character sheet.

Approved. We will begin when we have some more main characters.

7. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Updated Available Roster...

Bastila Shan.
    Carth Onasi.
    Darth Bandon.
    Calo Nord.
    Admiral Saul Karath.
    Davik Kang.
    Mission Vao.
    Female Revan.
    Zaalbar.
    Any other KotOR characters...

8. Millennium-Falcon

Millennium-Falcon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    GM Approved

Name: Darth Malak
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Affiliation: Sith

Personality
    ---Traits: Evil, eerie, sinister
    ---Dislikes: Kindnees, lagging, laziness

Appearance: [image=http://www.sternenschmiede.de/screenshots/pic00000000130_thumb.jpg]
    ---Skin Color: Pale white
    ---Hair Color: N/A
    ---Eye Color: Red
    ---Clothing: Red, long sleeve, tight shirt, red pants, black boots, wears a black cape on right side of body
    ---Other Attributes: Physically fit
    ---Other Details: N/A

Weapons: Red lightsaber

Starship
    ---Name: Leviathan
    ---Class: Warship
    ---Hyperdrive Class: ?
    ---Weapon(s): 20 quad laser cannons; 4 gravity well projectors; tractor beam; 2 ion cannons; 4 turbolasers
    ---Shields: Yes
    ---Passenger(s): A lot
    ---Interior Description: Similar to a Star Destroyer
    ---Other Details: N/A

---Sensitivity: Yes
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s): Red
    -----Blade(s): Red
    -----Color(s): Red
    -----Handle Description(s): Silver
    ---Force Abilities: Darkside powers
    ---Force Weakness: Lightside powers

Biography
    ---Personal History: For thousands of years, the Sith and the Jedi have waged war, with control of the galaxy at stake. Though the Jedi Knights did not seek to rule, they served the Republic in their efforts to vanquish the Sith Lords. In the darkest reaches of the distant past, the Sith would strike in full force, seeking to exert their dark will upon a terrified public.

Four millennia before the Sith would eventually subvert the Galactic Republic into a New Order, the galaxy was still reeling from the last great Sith uprising. Licking its wounds from the Great Sith War, the Republic again found itself on the defensive as Mandalorian raiders attacked from the Outer Rim.

The beleaguered Jedi Knights fought valiantly to repulse the Mandalorian marauders. Foremost among the heroes of this era were the Jedi warriors Malak and Revan. Revan's clever military strategies proved successful time and again, while Malak gained a reputation as a headstrong warrior who would recklessly charge into danger. Malak's former Masters were well aware of this impetuousness during his days at the training academy on Dantooine. They were hesitant to unleash Malak onto the battlefields, but the strains of the Mandalorian Wars left them few options.

Turning the tide of the Mandalorian attacks, Malak and Revan pursued the fleeing forces into uncharted regions of space. All contact was lost between the Republic and the two Jedi warriors. In the unknown regions, something terrible happened. The two Jedi heroes succumbed to the dark side, and would return to the galaxy as Sith Lords -- Darth Revan as the mentor, and Darth Malak as the apprentice.

The Sith Lords had somehow amassed a huge military force, and with each world that they conquered, they added to their legions. Disturbingly, many Jedi Knights and Republic soldiers switched sides, joining forces with the growing Sith movement. The Republic stood on the verge of collapse from the repeated attacks of Darth Malak's forces.

Fueling the Sith conquest was the Star Forge. An ancient device of amazing Rakatan engineering, the Star Forge was an immense space-bound factory station that churned out an endless supply of vessels and combat materiel. Revan and Malak had found clues to its existence during their time in the Unknown Regions, and were able to uncover the Star Forge's location in orbit over an incredibly ancient world.

The Jedi Council, in a last ditch effort to stop Revan and Malak, engineered a trap for the Sith Lords. Though the snare neutralized Darth Revan, Malak escaped and took control of the Sith forces. Some claim that Malak fled the battle. Others maintain that he survived simply because he was stronger than Revan. Still others believe Malak turned on Revan, using the Jedi's attack as an opportunity to wrest control from his former Master's failing grip. Whatever the truth, Malak survived, and returned with a vengeance.
    ---Mili

9. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    hey can i be Trask Ulgo (republic soldier commando)???

10. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Yeah, except under one condition, try to keep on top of punctuation, grammar and other various literature aspects that relate to RP'ing. Also, make detailed posts which means no 2 liners. It all sums up to "use common sense" and you'll be fine.

Trask is good, welcome to the RPG, :).

11. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Mar 27, 2005
    u guys knw wat can i be Canderas or Mandalore instead i want to be a Mandaolrian

12. Millennium-Falcon

May 27, 2005
    Agh, the n00b talk is killing me!

13. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Mar 27, 2005
    i mean the original Canderous so you can see me or the Manadlore (Canderouse) who is always in armour

14. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    You can be Canderous, but, no mandalore armour.

Also, remember your caps lock but, don't be afraid to use it.

15. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Mar 27, 2005
    man i havent played KOTOR in so long... too much republic commando.... now i have to go back and play to see how Canderous talks.

16. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Bastila is reserved for a special someone.

17. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    We just need a Carth and we can shoot.

18. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Name: Bastila Shaun
    Species: human
    Homeworld: unknown
    Affiliation: jedi

Personality
    ---Traits: calm,sure of herself, kind
    ---Dislikes: sith

Appearance
    ---Skin Color: tan
    ---Hair Color: brown
    ---Eye Color: brown
    ---Clothing: light brown form fitting outfit with a dark brown vst type thing over it
    ---Other Attributes: fights well
    ---Other Details:

Weapons: lightsaber, force

Starship
    ---Name:
    ---Class:
    ---Hyperdrive Class:
    ---Weapon(s):
    ---Shields:
    ---Passenger(s):
    ---Interior Description:
    ---Other Details:

---Sensitivity: Yes
    ---Lightsaber
    -----Crystal(s): blue
    -----Blade(s): blue
    -----Color(s): blue
    -----Handle Description(s): black handle
    ---Force Abilities: light side
    ---Force Weakness: dark side

Biography
    ---Personal History: Brought to the jedi at a young age, Bastila grew to become very powerful.
    ---Military History:
    ---Traumatic Experiances: mother made her father leave, Bastila unsure and worries about her father

19. Shiro-Oni

Shiro-Oni Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2005
    OOC: Isn't Bastila's Saber color Yellow?

20. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    OOC:I wasn't sure and if I remember right she didn't have a definet color or weapon.

21. Millennium-Falcon

May 27, 2005
    Yeah, Bastila had a yellow double-bladed lightsaber and her last name has no u in it, so it should be Shan.

22. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Oh well thankyou!I would edit my post but it won't let me and I don't feel like reposting but I will take that into account!Thanks again!

23. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Guys, it's alright. She can pick her colour, as long as she has a saber. And don't worry about the mistake in the name, I thought it was Bastila Shun. Lol.

We just need a Carth to join, and we're ready.

24. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    Ok, Someone sent me a PM about a character sheet. It isn't Carth Onasi however I am going to replace Carth with him, as no-one seems to like Carth at this moment in time.

We'll begin when he replies to my PM and when he's posted it up here. Me and Co-GM are discussing the plot lines already so hold on for a while.

25. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    This RPG is officially open, all players are now invited to begin...I'll post all your introductions and then you may begin RP'ing. I'll say this once: these are guidelines as to where your character will start, do not feel restricted by these as you may make your own introduction as you see fit! Just make sure it ties into the plot some way or another.

Jolee Bindu - Kashykk

On your homeworld Kashykk, the citizens have been driven to the upper world whilst you stay on the lower worlds in the forests. Everyone has moved to the upper worlds because of the crazy nature of the wildlife. All the wildlife have only been driven crazy because of the K.W.I.A (Kashykk Wildlife Investigation Authority), they have recently been taking samples of the lower world enviroment which has driven the wildlife psycho. The wildlife are extremely dangerous and no-one is around on the lower levels except you and the crazed wildlife.

Bastila Shan - Endar Spire

Aboard the Endar Spire, the battle against the Sith fleet is even more intense now than ever. You have used your battle meditation to its full extent but your energy is drained, your only hope is by escaping the Endar Spire via Escape Pod to Taris. But getting to the escape pods won't be easy, not with the Sith fleet boarding the spire.

Carth Onasi - Endar Spire

Aboard the Endar Spire, the battle against the Sith fleet is even more intense now than ever. You must make sure that Corric Leema escapes the ship alive by all means saving the escape pods to use to the nearest planet Taris. Guarding the escape pods is a tought job, with Sith troops pouring into your room attempting to destroy the pods. Guide Revan through the ship and make sure he arrives safely at the escape pods.

Malak - Sith battleship

Aboard your personal battle ship, you attempt to defend yourself against the attack of the endar spire making sure that you recover Bastila Shan before it is destroyed. You need to give your apprentice orders on what to do, be it getting Bastila or killing the republic for good.

Trask Ulgo - Endar Spire.

Protect Revan and make sure he makes his way to the escape pods securley by using your combat skills or negotiating your way out. If you can, try to escape the Endar Spire with him and Carth.

HK-47 - Tatooine.

Tusken raiders are once again killing off all of your owners marketing by destroying the pieces needed to create the perfect weapon for you, teach them a lesson and make sure you get all those pieces.

------------------------------------------------------

IC:Revan:

Revan lay in his bunk medical bed, recovering from a recent battle that didn't occur to him. The ship hit thunder, although it felt as though it did. The ship raged in the intensified heat of the battle which seemed to be under attack. Reven shook his head from the sweat that trickled down his face and removed his bed sheets. He stood up, to find he wasn't wearing any clothing but these medical garnments. He walked to a locker and banged it open with his fist, the lock panel slid open and the human managed to grab a pair of clothing. It protected is modesty, he slipped into the green and brown combat suit and stood firmly whilst looking for weapons.

Deeper within the locker were a vibroblade, Small size makes this a good off hand weapon. Echani vibroblades use a rare cortosis weave to prevent lightsaber sparring damage, allowing traditional swordplay to continue in the time of Jedi and Sith. He was itching to pick it up, so he did so, strapping it to his belt he began and closed the locker. Walking towards the door.

TAG: Arch_Clone_Trooper/Trask Ulgo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.