main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    yep, that's yer cue above, if you want to jump in. (maybe an explanation and backstory as to what you're doing onboard my ship would be in order!)

:)

2. SexyStarWarschic

SexyStarWarschic Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Oh thanks Kia! :D

3. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    Saber looks around at the ship and glancing nervously at her new companions... "Kai, Freya, Syrem, and Dankin.." She says to herself. She glances over at Syrem.."Um the last time I went to Ryoth it didn't take this long are we having some engines problems I should know about? Because if we are I'm really good at ship repairing."

UM JUST IN CASE NO ONE GOT THAT ON THE LAST PG...! :D

4. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC:No worries, SexyStarWarschic, none at all. I'm just impressed that this thread is back on the move again - it was almost redundant for about a week.

IC: Kai looked over the newcomer, this mysterious person who'd somehow gotten aboard his ship. She had the look of a bounty hunter about her, slightly dishevelled but alert and focused.

First chance, I get, the security systems are going to get an upgrade.

Kai crossed his arms. He was much taller than Starlight, but he doubted she would back down to anyone.

"The Valiant is an old ship. She's probably older than I am. It's possible the engines may need an overhaul after the amount of action she's had in the last few hours, for which we'd be greatful for your help. While you're doing that, perhaps you can tell me how you ended up here and how you fit in to this entire debarcle?"

TAG:SexyStarWarschic

Kai turned to Freya.

"How's Dankin holding up?"

TAG:6-6-6

5. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    Saber glances suspiciously over at Kai not sure of what to say to his statement but never the less she replies, "Well it looks like the engines are okay I don't think I will need to fix anything maybe it's just the hyperdrive! To answer your question yes you wouldn't want to mess with me and I have been on the ship sense we toke off I just decided to show myself to you. If your wondering why I'm here then that is a question I can't answer..."

TAG: Kai

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "In other words this ship is a piece of crap. The guns locked up on me several time during that fight. Don't waist you energy trying to fix it."

TAG: SSSWC, Mark of the beast, Kai

7. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    "Yea thats the way it looks.." (Laughing to her self)"Ya know Mark of the Beast this reminds of this one ship I went on awhile ago!"
    TAG: Mark of the Beast, SSWC, Kai

8. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    "Well since were all stuck with each other anyway why don't we introduce ourselves and explain why we are here..""I will start my name is Saber Strike and I'm a bounty Hunter and x-Jedi I work with both sides good & evil but for both sides I'm pretty trustworthy I'm here on a mission that is all I'm permitted to say."

TAG: Everyone on the ship

9. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    IC:

Noting that nobody was around, Hack walked over to his personal ship, and prepared the flight controls. I'm alone, he thought. Time to end it all, I guess. With that, he punched in the coordinates for Korriban, primed the hyperdrive motivator, and began his suicide run...

10. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC:What is this? Abuse-Kai's-choice-of-vessel-day?

:mad: 8-}

IC:Kai raised an eyebrow and leaned against the bulkhead. He briefly explained to Saber Strike their situation but couldn't help dwelling on the fact they'd taken crack-shots at his old ship.

hmm...dissention in the ranks....

"Regardless, this ship kept us alive. I don't think we should abuse it for that. Or would you all rather be debris and scattered atoms?"

He could of waited for a response, but hoped he'd made his point as he turned and strode back to the cockpit, sliding into his chair. He ran a hand through his dark hair and exhaled. On instinct, he reached into the top pocket of his padded vest and produced a pack of cigarettes and thermo-lighter. Nothing addictive or harmful, they were merely herbal remedies from his homeworld, but they sometimes helped to quell the voices in his head.

The problem with being telepathic to the degree he was, was that his mind was always alert and scanning for thoughts. As such, he would pick up on psionic interference around other people, a cacophony of distorted voices that could sometimes overwhelm him. He'd learned to supress Camden's unique thought pattern but the newcomers were unknown to him and he could hear vague indecipherable whispers eminating from the three others onboard. Thankfully Dankin was still out cold, which was one less voice to deal with.

Kai settled back in his chair. The ship would be in hyperspace for another few hours or so. Perhaps it might be an idea for them to change craft. The Sith would be looking for The Valiant like nobody's business now. Loathesome as he was to admit it, the old Corellian freighter was probably a bit tired ang haggard now. She didn't handle like she used to and Syrem was probably right about the guns; Kai preferred to use the Arakyd missile system most of the time anyway - better accuracy.

Hmmm... I wonder if Jacob Kellen's still dealing ships on Ryloth? I haven't seen him since he left the Archangel Squadron about two years ago. He was always a good wingman...

"Kaybee?" He called and the stout droid chirped in response as it rolled in the door.
    The astromech stopped at his feet and rotated its upper dome.

"Wake me when we get out of hyperspace - I could use some sleep."

The droid warbled a response.

"Don't worry about the others. They mean well; they were voicing their opnion. Nothing I can't handle."

Kai had to grin. The astromech was extremely loyal, to a degree he'd never seen in a droid. The KB series of astromechs were known to eventually develop strong personalities if exposed to human behavious often enough.

Kaybee chirped once more and rolled out of the room. Kai stretched back in the chair and put his boots up on the console. He closed his eyes and inhaled from the cigarette a few more times before stubbing it out. Less than a minute later, he was asleep, leaving the ship on auto-pilot to the world of Ryloth....

His dreams were plagued with questions.

What was Saber's mission? What were the Sith plotting? And what the hell had happened to his apprentice.....

TAG: Freya, Syrem, Saber.

11. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    This sure is turning out to be an interesting trip Freya thought to herself. Kai stormed off to the bridge, looking hurt at how his ship was insulted, and the twi'lek seemed to be getting close with the ex-Jedi, so Freya let herself out of the room to check on her patient. Not able to do any more without more complex medical instruments or a large amount of bacta, she set herself down in a nearby chair and fell into a meditative trance.

12. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    "Master Kai will be here in four hours." Greg-Wan turned to Carth. "Who?" asked Carth. "He's a Jedi. You wouldn't know him." Greg-Wan looked around. "I doubt I could. You Jedi are a weird bunch. All those Force powers." Carth laughed. "Well without us, the Sith would have control of the Republic now," Greg-Wan replied as they started walking. "So where do we stay?" Carth asked. "I don't know. We'll just head into the city. If they have one." Greg-Wan said.

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    The winds howled around him, lashing his coat and hair around in the torrent of gale force tension. It was dark here and his visibility was limited, but he could make out the shape of a building in the distance. A dark temple, wrought with macarbe carvings and gothic overtones. A Sith temple.....

Much like the one Kai had once called home....when he was a Dark Jedi....

Kai awoke, suddenly, his hand whipping for his lightsaber, drawing and igniting the emerald blade with one sigle fluid motion. He arced around and held the blade at the doorway of the cabin, but there was no opponent in sight. Nothing but the corridor that led to the hold.

He exhaled a panted breath and wiped his brow. All was silent, save the low hum of his lightsaber blade, the weapon shaky in his grasp. He paused for a moment before thumbing the activator and powering off the saber. Kai holstered the weapon and sat back down.

The dreams were getting worse, more and more vivid. His time as a Dark Jedi was coming back to haunt him with a vengeance...

The ship had come out of hyperspace and in the distance, a few thousand metres away was the spherical from of Ryloth. Evidently, he'd slept most the journey.

At his side, something moved. He jumped but paused himself as he saw Kaybee's familiar form. The droid squealed a couple of times and vibrated up and down.

"Yes, I'm awake now." Kai reassured the droid and patted its domed head.

He sat down and took The Valiant off auto-pilot. Switching on the intercom, he made an announcement.

"We're coming up on Ryloth. I'm going to dock at the eastert port of the Graystone Settlement. Our rendevous point is in there. We should take Dankin to the nearest bacta treatment centre first though - I don't think there's much more we can do for him here."

Kai shut off the intercom and lit up another smoke. A Jedi should be aversional to such habits, but he wasn't exactly a generic Jedi Knight. The little freighter banked right and shot like a silver bullet into the atmosphere....

14. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    "If they have one." Greg-Wan said.

Raisya decided to help them at this point. She stepped out of the shadows and said, "Perhaps I can be of assistance."

tag: Obi-Wan21

15. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "Yes you can. I'm Greg-Wan, a Jedi Master in the service of the Republic. This is Carth. He's not really important." Greg-Wan laughed. "If it wasn't for me you would have never have gotten that engine." Carth replied. "Yeah right!" Greg-Wan looked back at him.

16. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem came into the cockpit. "It's nice to see her again." He said meaning his homeworld. "Set her down on the warmer side of the planet, the snow on the other can cut you through like a knife.

17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    If Obi-Wan21's offer is still in place, I will play as the Republic Navy's Supreme Commander based in the Core.

Name: Boromir Duskbreaker
    Species: Unknown
    Homeworld: Coruscant
    Bio: Boromir Duskbreaker rose through the ranks of the Republic Navy after the academy, showing great command over large-scale capital ship tactics. Boromir's superiors delightfully noted that their protege had a great zeal for fledging defense. It was this trait that placed then-Commodore Duskbreaker into command of a large portion of the Core Defense Net. After valiantly defending hundreds of worlds, Boromir Duskbreaker was promoted to Admiral, then placed as Supreme Commander of the Republic Navy, on his flagship, the Republic Heavy Cruiser Constance.
    Height: 6?5
    Weight: 183 lbs
    Eye Color: Orange
    Skin Color: Caucasian
    Hair Color: Graying auburn
    Hair Style: Short spiked
    Clothing: Republic Admiral?s uniform
    Personality: Decisive, compassionate, honorable, traditional, noble
    Build: rippled muscularity
    Class: Soldier
    Main Weapon: Blaster
    Other Weapons: Ceremonial blade
    Personal Ship: Republic command cruiser Constance

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Welcome Jace, you reputation precedes you. (watched the you//knighthawk clash with great interest) Nice choice of character. I forsee good interaction.

:)

IC: Kai brought the ship down through Ryloth's atmoshpere, avoiding the polar sector as Syrem had suggested. It proved to be a wise suggestion; external readings in the frigid zone suggested the temperature alone would turn The Valiant's hull to brittle flakes of debris in just a matter of seconds.

The detour ended up saving them some time. They made a quick detour to the local hospital and checked Dankin in. The staff seemed to ask a lot of questions about the soldier's condition, but a mind trick soon silenced them. He would probably be in bacta therapy for a few days, which the gave the quartet time to rest as well as strategise.

They docked at the eastern port of Graystone approximately an hour before they due to meet at The Last Outpost. Kai left the cockpit and made his way to the hold where Saber, Freya and Syrem were waiting.

"We've time to kill before we meet with any other Jedi who heard my telepathic summons. Until then, I guess we're free to do our own thing. I've got an old friend to see on the south side of town. I suggest we rendvouz in about an hour at The Last Outpost, which in located in the city centre. If you run into any trouble, we meet back here."

The others seemed to agree and Kai grabbed his trenchcoat as he left the ship, leaving Kaybee and Muse on board to watch the ship. He could of spent more time with them, but in his heart, he was a loner at times like these. Still, it was refreshing to know he could call on his allies if need be. They all seemed like a curious group, but one that could work together well enough.

The streets of Graystone were crowded, not unlike Coruscant but the the city was far less congested and industrial. Kai was glad to have not worn his Jedi robes - his black coat and garb made him blend in a bit more. In truth, he didn't wear his traditional robes very often - after his time with the Dark Side, he felt he wasn't always quite worthy of them.

I wonder if any of them have the slightest inclination that I was once allied with those we fight against now.... Freya perhaps....If Syrem suspects anything, he's keeping quiet...

The Jedi moved quickly through the streets. His objective was on the other side of town and without transport, it might take him fifteen or so minutes to get there. He'd contemplated hiring a speeder bike but it there was more room for camouflage on the streets.

A few minutes later, he was at his destination. A large shipyard, bristling with personnel craft and medium sized industrial vessels. It was owned by his old friend and fellow pilot from his Archangel Squadron day, Jake Kellen. Kellen had been injured in combat, losing his peripheral vision, which effectively made him useless in 3D combat. He'd gone into importing ships and was making a fair bit of coin out of it.

Kai stepped inside, passing by a few workers, a couple of Rodians and a Gran. They ignored him, but Kai preferred his anonimity. It meant that anyone who questioned them (if it came to that) wouldn't be able to get much out of them, even with telepathy. He spotted a tall fair-haired man in his early thirties dressed like a mechanic and sporting a whispy beard examining the hull of what looked like a Corellian YT-1300 - a couple of models up from The Valiant.

"Hello Jake."

The older man turned and grinned, grease stains on his overalls.

"Halicon! What are you doing here?" Kellen's voice was hoarse, but his tone was friendly and he shook hands with his younger friend and patted him on the back.

"Long story Jake. I haven't much time. I need your help."

Jake looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Jedi stuff huh? Come on, you know I'm slightly Force-sensitive - It was an Archangel Squadron requisite."

Kai grinned. You couldn't put anything past Jake.

"I'll tell you all about it..."

"Over a drink, no le

19. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya impatiently interrupted their bickering. "I understand that you are looking for a city?" She did not wait for a reply. "If you will follow me, I can find you a hotel."
    And she disappeared into the darkness.

20. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Freya left the ship without a word to the others, discarding her robes in a locker in the back of the ship before entering the city. Her slightly revealing and short dress allowed her to blend in better with the inhabitants as she roamed the cold gray streets of the underground city, stopping to talk to an idle Twi'lek for a few second, then moving on. She spoke to a particularly shady-looking alien for a while, exchanged a handful of credits, and recieved a few small vials in return. She found a cantina which appeared suitable, and ordered a drink for herself to help pass the time. The Jedi positioned herself at a table where she would have a view of the cantina and the foot traffic outdoors, while remaining in the shadows to limit the attention brought to her. Freya cracked open one of the vials, inhaling the fumes before consuming the spice inside. Not really certain of what to do with her free hour, she stayed put for the time, intoxicating herself on the spirits and ryll.

[hl=darkslategray][color=red]Vash stared at the planet below him, suspended in such a way for half to remain perpetually in the daylight and half in the frozen cold. The armies of the Sith and the armies of the Hutt, when combined, had easily overrun the Gamorrean and Bothan regions of space and the surrounding planets, doubling the size of the Hutt's dominion in about a week. That size would be doubled again, once the Perlemian Trade Route was crossed, taking the backwater planets like Rodia, Ryloth, Alzoc III, and Tatooine with it, and then doubled again once the Hutt's dominion in this quadrant of the Outer Rim was secure and the true campaign against the Republic could begin. These small acquasitions in the Outer Rim were only practice, a way to tempre the army before the true war would begin.

The immense slug almost felt emotion at the thought of the carnage and chaos which would soon touch planets like the one below him, but the sensation was soon gone. The agents of the Sith were already at work here and in the nearby systems, plotting, preparing for the time when the armies of Vash would Stampede over the opposition.[/hl][/color]

21. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem had changed into a black turtle neck and black pants. He rented a speeder and drove to one of the darker parts of town. The lights were always on here. He entered an allyway. At the end was an open doorway with a sign over it that simple said MOOD. He went inside to see every one in there was eather a Twi'lek or human. What was shocking was that they were all fully dressed, unuseal for Ryloth. He put some credits on the counter "Give me a cup of cafe" He said to the male Twi'lek with gray skin.

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    ".....and now, I'm here...."

Kai concluded his story, taking another sip of the potent drink Jake had poured for him, the liquid hot on his tongue.

Jake replaced his glass on the table and nodded his head.

"So... you need a ship then? You're still flying round in that old clunker 900-series? I'm surprised she's lasted that long." He retored, chuckling.

Kai shot him a sideways grin, realising he was only joking.

"Yeah, The Valiant's seen me through some tough times alright. I'm loathesome to part with her, but I may need a something a bit more.... equipped."

Jake gave him an assuming look.

"....like a modified YT-1300 with a complete weapons and hyperdrive overhaul, 60% increased armour that handles like a snubfighter on steroids?"

"You read my mind Jake - thought I was the telepath here."

"Cute. Well, if it was anyone else, I'd have to charge them something ludicrous, but for you, my old friend, I'll do you and favour and give you that freighter out there."

"You're kidding, right?"

Jake put his hand on Kai's shoulder.

"You pulled me out when my fighter crashed on Ithor years ago. If not for, I'd be ashes. Consider it payback."

Kai grinned.

"You're a good man, Jacob Kellen."

"Hah. Don't spread that round!"

The two men finished their drinks and Kai bade his friend farewell after arranging to have the ship, dubbed The Rogue Knight(a somewhat ironic title, Kai thought) delivered to the spaceport where Kaybee could transfer his personnel effects onboard. Jacob offered to keep The Valiant in storage until Kai's return.

Kai would of liked to have spent more time with his old friend but it was nearly close to the time of meeting and he had to cross to the centre of town. He left the shipyard and got back on to the main streets.

He'd been travelling for a few minutes when he felt a stir in the Force. The hairs on the back of his neck raised and he ducked down a side street. It was a fairly rough area he was in, known for it's reasonable rate of crime.

Someone behind me.... Three figures... One human... Two alien... Hostile intentions... thieves and bullies really, they just see me as another victim, an off-worlder they just saw inspecting ships, one who might have a lot of credits.

Kai's hand went to his dual blasters, but he changed his mind. A Jedi should solve conflict with words, no weapons. They were a last resort. Regardless, he unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and stepped back into the street, darkly lit, unsure what to expect.....

The human was scruffy looking, unshaven and somewhat portly. He wore the look of a common thug, but his eyes betrayed him as the leader, calculating and cruel.

The taller alien was a Nikto, wrapped in a large cloak, it's face awash with emotionlessness. It was breathing heavily, a common Nikto trait when anxious.

The third firgure was that of a Jawa, robed in the brown garments the species wore. Red eyes glinted undeneath the shadowy hood and twitched nervously.

All carried blasters.

The three stood in unison, blccking Kai's path. He exhaled and stepped into the light.

"Excuse me please." Kai said.

The human grunted and they closed in a fraction.

"All in good time, sonny. I likes the look of yer jacket kid. You looks like you got a few dollars in yer back pocket."

Kai grimaced and repeated his statement, this time with the Force behind it, ever so slightly.

"Excuse me."

The Nikto blinked twice and gurgled slightly, moving aside. The Jawa did the same. Only the man remained. Something around him kept the Force at bay...

"Mind tricks, eh? A Jedi wannabe? Won't work on me sonny." And with that, the portly man motioned to a small salamander-like creature, perched on his right shoulder.
    Kai recognised it instantly as a ysalimiri juvenile - a creature with the rare ability to ommit the Force. In this case, not much, but enough to shield one person for a short peroiod of time from any Jedi 'persuasion' methods.

"Tricky

23. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Chandrila orbit, First Republic Navy Fleet, Republic System's Heavy Command Cruiser Constance...

The endless spectrum of pearly silver specked foreground against that familiar background of space's eternity still amazed one man. Staring longingly out the viewport of the Republic System's Heavy Command Cruiser Constance, Admiral Boromir Duskbreaker peered open-mindedly toward the crescent of a planet that filled the right-most tenth of the primary bridge viewport. His greying red hair was impeccable, and his trimmed goatee portrayed a calm nobility that had been associated with Boromir since he first joined the Republic Naval Academy all those years ago.

The Supreme Commander of the Republic Navy sent for an aide to get in contact with a Jedi family friend. An individual whow as acting as liaison between Republic Fleet Command and, in-part, the Jedi Order.

As he waited, Boromir glanced over a few defense and evactuation procedures, mostly concerning the planets innermost to the Deep Core regions. He knew well that it would take a great many days to get from his position to the Deep Core bastion of the Empress Teta System, with only a slight lesser time to sojourn to the shining Republic capital, Coruscant.

Still waiting, Boromir had his immediate subordinate direct his Jedi cohort to the Republic capital, estimated time: one-point-nine-five days.

(Secondary character introduction in next post.)

24. SexyStarWarschic

Oct 19, 2002
    Saber watched Kai and decided to follow him..."This one is intersting she said to herself" with a laugh. She followed Kai and stayed a good distance away from him hiding in the shadows making sure she was hidden..."Oh what the heck why am I doing this to myself I will just go out there and say something to him!" She said to herself. "Kai? Sorry about the comments about your ship I didn't mean to be rude I guess I have been used to flying in style but I know how it feels to be picked on about thos kind of things believe me my life hasn't been easy..." She struggled on this she never liked to tell anyone out right about her past but she liked Kai so far and he seemed trustworthy...

25. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "Wait!" Greg-Wan yelled. "We didn't get your name," Greg-Wan said. "Maybe she doesn't want to give it. Did ya think of that?" Carth asked. "Listen Carth, try not to get on my nerves. We've been stuck together for five months and it's beginning to get really boring," Greg-Wan replied. "Yeah I know. We haven't seen any action for a long time. You Jedi don't know how to have fun." Carth let out a laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.