main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    The nervous Jawa fired first, the red blaster bolt aimed dead centre at Kai's chest. The Jedi slipped into the comfortable blanket of the Force and raised his lightsaber hilt. Time seemed to slow for him as he felt the Force take hold, guiding his actions.

The emerald blade appeared in a swift snap-hiss, the luminous shaft lighting the alleyway. The Jawa's red eyes seemed to widen beneath the hood as Kai stepped into the path of the laser and raised his weapon. Twirling his wrist, he spun the blade around, deflecting the blast on such an angle that it struck the Nikto in the right thigh, bringing it down instantly.

Kai raised his left palm and squinted, drawing on the Force. Invisible waves of energy flew from his grasp and struck the Jawa, sending it flying across the street into a solid wall on the other side. The Jawa gurlged something akin to a groan and slumped.

The lead man raised his gun at Kai's head and let off two shots. The Jedi swung his blade twice, bouncing the bolts of the edge of his saber as he bolted towards the thug. The green blade moved with inhuman speed as Kai sliced upwards, hacking the end of the man's gun barrel off. He fell prey to a side kick to the jaw and slammed into the ground hard.

When he opened his eyes, the humming blade of a lightsaber was at his forehead, the darkly-clad young man staring down at him, his eyes blank.

"For your sake, I'd take your friends and get out of here. If I hear you've been up to these tricks again, I'll sever more than the tip of your weapon."

The portly thug nodded frantically, sweat beading his brow. Kai stepped back and the man scrambled to his feet, and bolted in a blind panic, not waiting for his two colleagues to catch up to him. Six seconds later they were gone, leaving Kai alone.

He shut off his saber and holstered it. He'd hoped to avoid combat but some people were immune to less confrontational measures. Brushing the dust off his coat, he produced his smokes and lit one up, strolling from the alley.

Kai had to admit, he liked the thrill of combat at times. Not really a Jedi trait, but he was only human, and sometimes that was more important than being a Jedi.

Next thing, I'll be teaching philosophy...

The Force spiked in his head, and he felt someone else close by. He turned in the diretion of the source. Someone familiar...not an enemy.

Saber.

She stepped into the light, seemingly unaware of what had just transpired. Kai asked what she was doing here and she explained a brief apology for having made cracks at his ship earlier.

Hmmm.... a change of heart on her part perhaps....

Kai regarded her with interest. Of the four of them, she seemed the most like him - uncomforming and marching to the beat of her own drum.

"I'm going to the bar now, to see if any other Jedi have heard my summons. Perhaps you'd like to come with me and we can talk ...?"

TAG:SexyStarWarschic

2. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem thought it was time to go to the bar, so he did. He waited there.

3. SexyStarWarschic

SexyStarWarschic Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    "Alright I guess that would be okay.."Saber wasn't to sure if it was the right time to be so trustworthy to a man she hardly knew but she decided she would go ahead. "One question though how come this place is such a mess it looks like a fight has just taken place? did something happen?"

TAG: Kai

4. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Freya stumbled out of the cantina, not fully aware of her surroundings. As a Jedi, she should have been able to control her cravings and find other, non-artificial ways to gain inner peace, but never felt the time or the need to seek out such a way.

The walk through the cool underground did her some good, and she could think more clearly once she arrived at the bar where the Jedi were supposed to assemble. Stumbling through the door, she could not identify Syrem from among the crows of Twi'leks, but recognized his presence in the Force. She punched him lightly on the shoulder and sat down heavily at his table.

"Hey there. Howzit goin'? Any... any... anybody come by y-y-yet?" Her inability to speak correctly told her that she wasn't as clear in the head as she previously thought.

5. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC:"Something like that..." Kai replied, pausing to continue.

"There were a few rowdy locals who tried to play at being bullies. What they don't realise is that there's always a large bully out there."

Saber didn't say anything, but Kai wagered his vague description would of been enough to explain to her he'd just wiped the floor with some street trash.

They kept walking, the afternoon light fading to early dusk. Kai liked this time of day; it was both the beginning and the end of sorts. He recalled the sunset on Tyrol, with its twin stars, Josath and K'freyos.

It's been far to long since I went home...

Kai was curious to see how Saber percieved him. Outwardly, she appeared of a simlar mold to him - sharp-witted, intelligent and experienced. He touched her with the Force for a moment, careful not to alert her to his gentle probe.

She was unsure as whether to trust him yet - they'd just met and she was jaded by nature like him....

Perhaps some conversation would encourage her to get to know him better.

"Ryloth's sunset reminds me of the ones on my homeworld, Tyrol." He mumbled, somewhat nervously. He'd not had musings with a woman in his generation for quite some time - his solitary life in the Jedi and with the Archangel Squadron had kept him pretty much to himself.

Saber said nothing.

"You don't trust me very much, do you?"

Silence.

Kai exhaled.

"Perhaps if I told you a bit about myself and vice-versa we'd get on better...?"

TAG:SexyStarWarschic

6. SexyStarWarschic

SexyStarWarschic Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Saber wasn't sure of what to say to Kai what if he asked her some questions that she couldn't give answers to. Like her reason for not being a Jedi... but reading his mind she could tell he seemed pretty tustworthy but that man sitting in the booth near them was to familiar looking and she didn't want to get Kai into any trouble...

"Oh sorry Kai.. it's not that I don't trust you it's just well maybe it would help if we both got to know each other better first I think we should take a table in the back so know one can here us."

"Would that be alright?"

TAG: Kai

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Kai figured her request was fair enough. There were things she possibly wasn't ready to tell him yet but he felt the air of conversation might decline if neither of them said anything as they approached the bar, the evening now almost fully upon them. Still, some privacy might help. They entered The Last Outpost without question or intereference, making their way to a dimly lit booth in the back of the bar. Kai stopped to order a couple of luminous-looking beverages for himself, leaving a large wad of credits on the bar.

The Chiss bartender eyed his suspiciously.

"Eh? Generous tip, sir, but a bit extreme perhaps?"

Kai leaned over and motioned for the barkeep to come closer. The Chiss' ruby eyes widened as he cocked his head forward.

"Let's just say, we might be expecting some .... damages ..... sometime this evening."

The Chiss stood up straight and nodded nervously as Kai flashed his lightsaber handle quickly from underneath his coat.

"Righto... Nothing different from any other night then, but at least you Jedi pay for breakages in advance."

Kai grinned and took his drinks over to where Saber was sitting in the booth, scanning the room. Kai got the impression she was on the lookout, but chose not to say anything as he handed her one of the drinks. He sat down beside her and lit up a cigarette, careful not to exhale smoke all over her - he wasn't sure on her opinion but most people weren't accustomed to a Jedi smoking, much less one who was in your face about it. It was just being polite really, but in a bar like this, you did your best to fit in.

He couldn't see Syrem or Freya in the bar anywhere, but the Force told him they weren't too far away. It was easier to scope the room if they were split up into seperate groups. Kai quicky sent a telepathic message to both Jedi to confirm that both he and Saber were on sight. Feeling confident that others would show up soon, he relaxed for a while.

"I grew up round places like this, back on my homeworld." Kai said over a puff of smoke. He sipped his drink, the liquid both bitter and sweet simultaneously.

Saber seemed interested, so he continued.

"I grew up on a relatively underestablished colony world, Tyrol in the Outer Rim. My mother was head of the local government, my father was a Jedi who died when I was wa child. I worked as a speeder mechanic until I was fourteen and chance lead me to the Academy. I did my training and was granted my Knighthood at nineteen. Spent some time in the military flying starfighters for about a year before leaving that behind and living in the wilderness for a year back on Tyrol with the native tribesmen, the Mokari, who communicate only through the Force. Circumstances drew me back into the Jedi and I recently found out my father was still alive. My apprentice and I have been on a search for him over the past six months until Camden, my padawan, went missing about a month ago. I ended up on Strata and the rest you know."

They both sipped their drinks and noticed the bar was beginning to fill up quickly with patrons. Kai could still see or feel no sign of any other Jedi yet.

OOC: Greg-Wan and other Jedi, this is your cue to start pitching up.

IC: Kai leaned back in the booth. He had to admit that this was his kind of place, the atmosphere anyway. He'd gotten a taste for bars and taverns after spending time at them with both the Archangels and his old friend and fellow Jedi, Saevus Ariake, who's family owned a bar on one of the moons of Corellia.

Still, there was a certain feeling of .... discomfort in the air tonight. He turned to Saber.

"So that's me. What's your story? You don't strike me as the average Jedi....."

8. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan, Carth, and Raisya entered the bar. "Carth keep an eye out for a Jedi," Greg-Wan said. "You got it," Carth replied. Greg-Wan walked up to the bar and sit down. He was looking aroud when a droid asked him: "Would you like something to drink sir?" "I'd like a Jawa Juice." Greg-Wan turned his head towards the droid. "One Jawa juice coming up." The droid turned around and rolled off.

9. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Kai paused for a moment as he explaining a bit of his past to Saber. He'd deliberately left it brief to avoid any questions that might lead to her discovering he'd spent time as a accolyte of the Sith, if only for a short time.

I was a Dark Jedi, for certain. I was never truly a Sith....but there were times when the the lines between the two were awfully indistinct....

Despite the noise in the bar - the sounds of local music and semi-intoxicated conversation between aliens of all shapes and sizes, Kai could sense the familiarity of presence that accompanied a Jedi when he or she entered a room.

The Jedi's Force-signature called out to him across the room, a brilliant shard of light admist the darkness. Kai scanned more intently for a moment, but subtlety was the key here.

He found his fellow Force user, but was unsure if the newcomer could sense him.

Hmmm.... male human, slightly younger than me. Strong with the Force, a skilled Knight no doubt. Fiercely dedicated to the light side.

His name is... Greg-Wan.

Kai recognised the name, though he had never met the Jedi. Like Kai, he was one of the the youngest Jedi to ever be granted the title of Master and was renowed throughout the galaxy as a staunch defender of justice and cunning warrior. There were two others with him, but Greg-Wan's light overshone them both at this point.

Kai got out of his chair. Saber looked at him for a second.

"Sorry. I've just spotted an ally. I'd like to continue our conversation, perhaps when we have some time together. I'll go and see if our friend wants to join us."

TAG: Greg-Wan/Saber

10. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya walked up to the bar and ordered a Halmad Prime. She sat on a stool and watched the Jedi and his companion. Obviously, something was happening. Something big. And she intended to find out.

11. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem walked up to Kai. "What just happend?"

TAG: KAI

12. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai turned to his Twi'lek companion.

"There's another Jedi here. I'm going to go and greet him. Can you watch my back? I'm still not sure if this is a safe environment just yet...."

13. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    "You got it."

14. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    IC: Kai pulled his coat up a bit and nodded his response to Syrem as he made his way across the crowded bar, which was fairly large by most standards.

A band of Rodians youths were firing out a curiously dancing tune on obscure instruments up on the stage. Kai watched them for a moment before walking on over to where he felt Greg-Wan's presence.

About halfway there, he stopped to stub his cigarette in an ashtray and felt his skin crawl for a moment. Something wasn't right. With all these people in here, his telepathy was working overtime just trying to shut the voices out of his head, let alone scan for enemies. He panned around the room for a second and made his mind up to continue, taking a step forward....

.... only to walk straight into a large, cloaked figure. Kai stepped back and went to make an apology.

Something in head screamed danger.

The cloaked figure was flanked by seven others, all similarly clad. They were all humanoid, but features were indistinct in the bar's dull light.

Syrem!!!! We've got trouble!!!!

The cloaked leader lifted his head and grinned, revealing the face of an evil-eyed Zabrak.

"In the name of the Sith, you shall be purged Jedi filth!"

The Zabrak revealed a lightsaber handle, ornately carved in black metal, an orange blade loosing itself from the hilt. Kai heard the first bar patron scream as the Zabrak and his cohorts produced a stream of of red, orange and purple blades and all hell broke loosed in bar....

Tag: Syrem, it's time for a rumble. Greg-Wan, Raisya, Freya please join us for a battle!

15. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem opened his blue lightsaber, upside down as was his fighting style.

16. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya spun around at the sound of lightsabers igniting, her hand instantly going to her pistol. She jumped up and took aim on the nearest cloaked figure. Her teeth were barred, and her specialized canines stood out.

tag: all of ya. whoo-hoo! a rumble... *rubs hands together* [face_devil]

17. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan turned around at the sound of igniting blades. "Great! more fun," Carth said. "Why is it that where ever Jedi go, trouble follows?" Carth asked. "I don't know. I'm still new to this!" Greg-Wan ignited his blue blade and jumped at one of the Sith. Carth then pulled out his blaster and jumped behind the bar. He started to fire.

18. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai's modified Bryar pistol appeared in one hand before the Zabrak even realised he was moving. He'd removed the blaster assembly and replaced it with a EM pulse-rifle chamber and barrel, effectively making the gun into an electrical shotgun. At close range, it was potent but non-lethal and good for scattering groups of opponents.

He loosed a single shot just as he heard Syrem's lightsaber ignite, the Twi'lek holding it in the reverse-grip he favoured. The pulse blast hit the Zabrak dead centre, but the Sith must of been wearing armour as it only knocked him to the floor rather than stunning him. It gave Kai enough time to replace his gun with his lightsaber and clear some space up in the bar, which, was now running mad with panic.

Kai stepped back by Syrem and noticed a figure at his side - the young Jedi called Greg-Wan.

"Good to meet you - pity about the circumstances..." Kai mused as three Jedi stood in unison against the horde of Sith troopers.

How the hell did they find us?! Kai wondered, but they were thoughts for another time. Right now, it was time for a battle.

He scanned around for Freya and Saber - they were all going to have to fight their way out of here.

Tag: Anyone in the bar.

19. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "Glad to meet you too!" Greg-Wan smiled. "Damn! we can't ever have a break! Which one do you want?" Greg-Wan asked keeping his eyes on the Sith.

20. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya loosed a shot, and watched a lightsaber deflect it. Hmmm... she mused. Force me to get drastic, why don't you.

She quickly holstered her blaster and unraveled her laser whip, thumbing it on. It pulsed with a crackling blue energy.

She swung it around her head, catching one of the Sith around the leg. She grinned and yanked.

tag: bar patrons

21. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    OOC: Hey everybody. I'd like to tell you all that there will be a second in command Gamemaster for this RPG. I have gave it to Kai_Halicon. I feel he's best for it. But I'll still be here and be main GM. That's all! Everyone can go back to whatever they're doing in the story! MTFBWY!

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: Thanks Obi-Wan21, most kind.

IC "I'll take the Zabrak!" called Kai as both he and Greg-Wan crossed their blades over each others in an 'X' formation to parry an overhead strike from one of the Sith lackies. They simultaneously raised their blue and green blades and forced the Sith back before Kai and Greg-Wan both used the Force to throw the Sith across the room.

Kai watched the Zabrak charge at him, orange blade aimed at his head. From the side of the bar, a humanoid woman flicked something across the room and a coil of blue electrical fury wrapped itself around the Zabrak's legs. She pulled the whip hard and the Zabrak slammed jaw-first into the hard floor, sending customers in all directions. Kai raised his hand in in a thankful salute before slicing his green saber across the top of the Zabrak's lightsaber hilt, cutting the top off and destroying the weapon. He slammed a hard boot into the back of the Zabrak's shoulders, winding him.

He couldn't see Syrem, Freya or Saber in the confusion, but assumed they were still fighting off the Sith warriors. His mind was racing with questions but they'd have to wait until later. A bowcaster bolt shot past his head and he cartwheel-flipped sideways to avoid another, landing by the alien woman, a Septra, who weilded the light-whip.

"Nice choice of weapon - I can see it's advantages " He commented as he deflected a blaster bolt. He wondered if the Septra smiled back at him; he saw her teeth glint out of the corner of his eye.

Another Sith came at him and Kai twirled his blade again, ready for combat...

Tag: Anyone in bar.

23. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya grinned. "Yeah, I rather like it myself." She unfurled the whip again, knocking another robed figure to the floor.

24. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    It took Freya a moment to realize what was happening. The blurred motion of lightsaber blades, the smoke of burning materials, crashing glasses and bottles, and blasterbolts added to her confusion. Her blade came up just in time to deflect a bolt in the direction of one of the orange lightsabers, which bounced it back at her. The bolt flew off of her blade again, and into a angry-looking bith.

A cloaked humanoid carrying the blade of a Sith forced her back into a corner of the establishment. Being trapped in a small corner, deflecting blaster bolts and trying to save her neck from an angry Sith was not her strong-point, and left her no room to slip into a meditative trance to utilize her true skills. A quick count of blades told her that the Jedi were easily outnumbered, with more of the Sith filing in through the narrow doors, and she was in no position to help.

25. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya saw one of the Jedi trapped in a corner by a Sith. The light-whip cracked over her head and wrapped itself around his leg. She braced herself and yanked with all of her strength.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.