main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Obi-Wan21, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai watched the light-whip strike down another Sith minion, the one that was bearing down on Freya and he leapt into a swift sommersault, landing on the back of the Sith and driving his face into the floor. It gave Freya a chance to get out of the corner just before a volley of blaster fire scorched the wall where she'd been standing.

Kai turned the the whip-wielder.

"Nice work. I'm Kai Halicon by the way."

Their conversation was cut short as a saber blade, hued in crimson scythed for Kai's head. He side-stepped and turned quickly, the emerald tip of he saber raking the back of his attacker before Kai spun around again and hacked across his ankles. He made sure he was only wounding the Sith; it was not neccessary to kill them just yet and it might just prove to be a bad idea given his recent visions about the time he'd spent on the Dark Side.

The small group of heroes were holding their ground, but just barely. Bar patrons were attacking each other and the Jedi and Sith; the entire complex was becoming a large riot.

This isn't working; we need to fight as a unit - not as individuals. Kai mused.

"Fall back to behind the bar!" Kai called to his companions. "We need to regroup!"

Tag:The Jedi

OOC:What's happened to all our Sith players?

2. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya would have answered, but a scarlet saber came between them at that moment. She jumped behind her bar, searching for another target.

tag: kai, other jedi

3. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai replaced his lightsaber with his Bryar shotgun and DX-44 blaster - a variant of the popular DL-44 heavy blaster pistol. Whilst not as powerful, it was hideously accurate and Kai easily picked off a few Sith cronies with shots to their legs. The other Jedi were probably still fighting on the main floor but Kai and Raisya were hidden behind the bar.

He activated his wrist comlink, sending a relay to his his newly-acquired ship, The Rogue Knight.

"Kaybee!" He barked, "Get the ship ready for a pickup. Use the co-ordinates based on the signal from my comlink. We need an evac!"

The astromech bleeped a hasty response over the communicator and was gone. Kai was getting sick of running, but they at least needed to get out of the bar. The Rogue was far too large to get into the town centre so they'd have to get to the outskirts of Greystone. If they could get to the city limits, they had a chance of losing the Sith in the winding streets.

Kai called out to his allies.

"We need to get out of here. We're pinned down at the moment. The Sith's numbers are growing and time's running out for us to get out of this bar alive. I've summoned my new ship, but Greystone's too enclosed for it to get in close. We need a plan. Any suggestions?"

Tag: Anyone.

4. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan kicked a Sith across the floor and he fell to the ground. "Jedi you will die!" the Sith got up quickly and went for Greg-Wan's leg. He slashed at it and only cut it a little. Greg-Wan grabed his leg. The Sith then raised his bright red blade above the Jedi about to kill him when blasts started coming at him from behind the bar. Greg-Wan turned to look and it was Carth. "Hurry up and get back here!" Carth yelled still firing. As Greg-Wan was running to the bar he was hit again by the Sith, but this time in his left arm. Greg-Wan let out a small scream of pain. Then the Sith was shot in the arm and it gave Greg-Wan enough time to jump behind the bar. "Are you okay?" Carth asked. "Yeah, I'll be fine. But we got to get out of here." Greg-Wan faced Kai. "Kai we have to get off this planet! What other planet is there we can go to?" Greg-Wan asked him.

5. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Freya tucked herself into a corner of the back of the bar to sheild herself, while she slipped into a meditative trance to try to quell some of the patrons. The most weak-minded dropped to the ground, asleep or passed out, reducing the amount of noise and blasterfire filling the bar. She heard something about needing a way out, but wasn't sure if she had heard it or felt it. An overturned table hovered a meter above the ground before flying into a nearby wall. A slowly developing crack in the structure was torn open, revealing the fighting inside the bar to the pedestrians and the authorities outside.

"Something is wrong, really wrong. I would suggest we get out of here before some idiot dropps a thermal detonator and we're all vaped." Not certain if anyone heard her, she decided to take the lead. The limber Jedi vaulted over the glass-strewn bar, ducked under a defel's outstreched arms, and leapt to the streets outside.

OOC: One sith is still here, but I can't say anything for the others...

IC: The report came in short, erratic bursts. A vanguard team had uncovered a nest of Jedi on the remote backwater planet below. Vash the Hutt was extremely confused as to why the Jedi would bother to go so far beyond the borders of their precious republic, but also saw the opportunity.

The sith decided not to delay his attack any further. The battleships in orbit over the planet sent volleys of turbolasers and plasma down upon the surface settlements of Ryloth, while hundreds of dropships and landing barges released hordes of alien warriors upon the planet. The ground forces would occupy the immense underground cities of the twi'lek, while the flyers and battleships disposed of any ships attempting to escape.

If all had gone according to plan, the planetary leadership and military beurocracy would already have been disposed of by the teams of Sith assasins, leaving the planet wide open for conquest.

Vash ordered his ship to be brought down near to the surface of the planet, so he could watch the armies as they stormed the twi'lek cities, and so that he could participate in the capture of the Jedi.

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    bright colors were everywhere. Syrem did his best to defend himself

7. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    "Follow Freya's lead! Those of you with lightsabers cover the rest!" Kai called as he flipped over the bar. The Force warned him of danger and he ducked to avoid a blaster bolt from a Sith lackey armed with a sniper rifle up above them in the rafters.

The Sith fired again, a quick succession of three shots. Kai had trained well enough with the lightsaber to deflect shots easily but he was more adept at offensive over defense and as such, wasn't always able to reflect the bolts back on their original trajectory. The first two red beams were easily caught on his saber, but the landed in front of him, showering him in debris and shrapnel.

Kai fell back, and his blade disengaged. He felt a well of anger build up inside him and his temperature soared.

The Dark Side!

On impulse, he relinqueshed his self-control and stretched out with anger. His left hand reached out and he felt a prickly sensation as a jagged fork of cobalt fury loosed itself from his fingertips. The electrical shock caught the horrified Sith in the throat and shot him through the roof of the bar, electrical discharge trailing behind him.

Kai got up and swore under his breath. How could he of given in to the Dark Side and called on its power? He'd been in control so much over the last few years.

However, something felt different. It wasn't like when he'd used Force Lightning before - there was no bad aftertaste; no remorse. In fact, he felt almost calm now.. and that scared him. It either meant he could no longer be tempted by the Dark Side..... or that he was more vulnerable to it that ever.

....my friends.... what will they think of me...?

Kai realised they'd have time to dwell on it later. The others were bailing out of here and he was of the same frame of mind. He ran for the door, leaping over debris in his path and dived out an open side-window into an alley down the side.

"This way!" He called, noting Freya was close by. The battle might of been over but the chase was just beginning...

Tag: Jedi.

8. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan caught up to Kai and stopped him and the rest. "We can all get on to my ship. The Ebon Hawk. It will carry us all. It's the fastest ship in the galaxy!" Greg-Wan turned to Kai. "And Kai, what the hell did you do back there?" asked Greg-Wan a little stunned.

9. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    A hail of blaster fire tore past Greg and Kai and they both dived into a nearby alley, separating them from the others temporarily. A trio of cloaked Sith warriors were chasing them with blasters, firing like madmen. Kai and Greg easily deflected the bolts back into their foes and kept running.

"Don't ask about before...... we don't have time to get into it now...." Kai replied, somewhat annoyed that he'd lost control albeit temporarily.

Greg-Wan give him a look that implied he'd let it go for now, but would ask him again later.

"We'll split up into to units to make it harder for the Sith to track us. I'll take The Rogue Knight and head east before hitting space - you take the Ebon Hawk and go west. I hate to abandon Ryloth right now to the Sith, but we're outnumbered ten to one. I think we need to go back to Ossus, the Jedi training world and petition for help."

Tag: Greg-Wan, other Jedi.

10. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    "I will not my home!" Syrem said. "I will defend it or die trying." His lekku twitched "I will not leave her to there lack of mercy."

TAG: Jedi

11. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    OOC: Just so everyone knows The Jedi Order is on Dantooine.

IC: "We have no choice! We have to leave! We'll meet back on Dantooine! Let's hope the Republic army is doing better then us. I have enough room for some people on my ship if anyone wants to ride on mine," Greg-Wan said looking at the others.

12. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai moved over to Syrem as they all huddled in the dark alleyway, pending their next move. He wiped a splatter of blood from his neck, realising it was his own. He'd been cut by the shrapnel that had exploded in front of him courtesy of the sniper and the blood, albeit minor was staining his vest.

He put a gloved hand on the Twi'lek Jedi's shoulder and exhaled. Syrem was upset that they were abandoning his world and Kai could understand his frustration. He looked aghast at the thought of them getting off Ryloth.
    "Syrem.... I can understand you're unhappy about us leaving Ryloth, but we're not exactly running away. We're the reason the Sith have rained hell down on this planet and if we get off it, they might just follow us instead."

Kai wiped a lock of white fringe from his face. He was essentially asking his companion to abandon his home but he was asking him for the right reasons at the very least.

"Even if they don't follow us, we're going to need support from the Jedi elders to fight them. If you want to stay, I won't stop you, but the odds aren't in our favour at the moment."

Tag: Syrem

Kai turned to Greg-Wan.

"We'll need to split up. Who do you want to take in your party?"

OOC: Currently, these characters are in the alleyway outside the bar:

Kai
    Greg-Wan
    Freya
    Syrem
    Raisya
    Saber
    Carth

Tag: Greg-Wan.

13. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: i can't guarantee that i will be around in the next few days, due to low grades. so kai, will you please control raisya? i would be much obliged. :)

14. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "I'll take Carth, Raisya, and Saber with me." Greg-Wan pointed at the three. "Is that fine with you, Master Kai?" Greg-Wan asked.

15. 6-6-6

Oct 24, 2002
    Vash floated behind the armies of the Sith as they stormed the underground cities of the Twi'lek. Organized resistance was minimal, allowing for a swift and brutal subjugation of the planet.

The shelled Hutt caught another whiff of the Jedi. Turning away from his retainers and guards, the Hutt floated own an alley and into the backroads of Ryloth. The presence of several Jedi using a large amount of Force energy in a small area was like a beacon to the Sith, who quickly closed in on their location. He came within a few meters of them, blocked only by stone walls.

Freya's head shot up. She looked around desperately, searching all around. Her blade came into her hand once again.

"Something is coming"

[hr]

Vash pointed the front of his shell towards the wall separating him from the Jedi. The Hutt pushed his repulsors foreward as fast as they would go, proving his title "Stampede" The Hutt smashed through the walls of buildings and structures, and flew through the alley's wall in a hail of broken ferrocrete and ruined stone. A lightsaber in each hand, the Hutt roared menacingly while swinging his blades into action against the Jedi.

16. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    OOC: corellian_chic242, I'd be happy to control your character but I'll probably limit Raisya's movements until your return as to not overstep my boundaries. PM me if you have any worries.

IC: No sooner had Greg-Wan chosen his crew, Kai felt that curious sensation that made the back of his neck quiver. It was that dark, foreboding feeling he could only associate with evil....

That was when he saw the look in Freya's eye's and realised that a true lord of the Sith was upon them.....

The emerald lightsaber was lit in his hand in a heartbeat and he brought it to bear as the wall exploded behind them...

17. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Syrem had senced a strong darkside presence. In his minds eye he saw the wall explode. Just before it happend in reality he had jumped onto a wall and bounced back to land behind the dark creature. He held his lightsaber in his reverse fighting style.

18. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    Greg-Wan reached for his Lightsaber, but let out a scream of pain. "What's wrong?" Carth asked as he pulled out his blaster. "I can't fight! My arm is still to injured!" Greg-Wan grabbed his bloody right arm.

19. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai was bolting towards the new threat before the dust had even settled, his flowing trenchcoat flapping about behind him. As the debris cleared, he could make out the large, hulking form of a Hutt, immensely larger than any he'd ever seen and dripping with the power of darkness. The Hutt was cased in a large metal shell, which was not uncommon for their species but it was vastly armed and obviously looking for a battle.

This was undoubtedly the Sith Lord he'd sensed - and a powerful one at that.

His intentions were definetely hostile and Kai leapt at him, twisting his agile frame in a corkscrew formation as he did so, bringing his blade down for an overhead hack that would of surely severed a limb if it had hit.

If it had hit.

The Hutt moved with a speed that defied his size and bulk, blocking Kai's strike with a parry from one of his lightsabers. The Hutt's second blade came across the top and swatted the edge of Kai's saber like a club, sending the Jedi flying across the alleyway and out into the street.

Kai hit the ground hard, catching a glimpse of Syrem flipping over the Hutt and Greg-Wan grimacing and covering the wound on his arm. It looked serious and Kai realised then that this Hutt was more than a match for their little fellowship.....

Tag: Jedi/Vash

20. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    "We need to be going! We can't win!" Greg-Wan yelled out as he jumped away from the attacking Hutt. Carth blasted four shots at the Hutt, but all of them were deflected back, but Carth was able to dodge them. He rolled and stood by Greg-Wan. "Looks like, I'm gonna have to agree with you. We should leave before reinforcements show up," Carth said putting up his blaster. "How's your arm?" he asked Greh-Wan. "Not good. Once we get to the Ebon Hawk, I'll put some bacta on it and I'll put on my other Jedi tunic," Greg-Wan replied looking at the blood all over his tunic.

21. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya spun around at the exclamations of the others, to face an armoured Hutt. She watched as Kai tried attack, only to be thrown to the ground.

She ran to him and pulled him up by the crook of his elbow, looking at the Hutt anxiously. "We should leave. He have no chance of survival."

tag: everybody.

OOC: thanks for controling rai while i was gone, kai. :)

22. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Kai accepted Raisya's helping hand and hauled himself up. There was a look in his eyes he'd not had for some time and even Raisya coudl sense his change in mood.

"Raisya. Take this." He said, handing her his wrist comlink. She looked a bit confused.

"It's a homing beacon my ship can track you on. Take the others and get out of the city limits and The Rogue Knight will find you and get you out of here. I'll deal with the Hutt.... alone."

Raisay shot him a look which implied she wasn't happy with his choice. Kai took her hand in his. In the distance, the others were still fighting the Hutt desperately.

"I don't think I can defeat him, but perhaps I can slow him down. I know how the Sith think.....how the Dark Side works. I know this because I once stood beside the evil ones as a Dark Jedi."

He sensed her shock but continued.

"Even combined, our Force powers are little more than an irriation for this Hutt. He's ten times the Force weilder any of us are but I don't think he'd know what hit him if he fought another person using the Dark Side."

"I'm going to fight him....alone. If I survive, I'll meet you all on Dantooine. I promise. Take them all and go."

She hesitated and Kai released her grip.

"NOW!" He yelled, Force behind his voice. Raisya noticed his right eye was glowing, and that there were were lines resembling scars around that eye.

The Dark Side energy was building in him.

Kai stripped off his coat and blasters, leaving them on the ground nearby. He looked at the Mokari tattoos that covered his arms beneath the padded vest he wore and breathe a silent prayer in the native Mokari tongue.

"Y'shev kiell shonas-rin isar j'sai."

("Protect my soul from darkness.")

Kai thumbed the activator of his lightsaber, peering closely at the weapon which had been passed down through his family to him. It had always served him well, but his fate today did not rest in his blade, but in the strength of his will.

tag: Vash - one on one duel.

23. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    double post - stupid me

:D

24. corellian_chic242

Feb 17, 2003
    Raisya clenched her jaw, but nodded. She called to the others as she turned. "Follow me! We must depart!" She gave Kai one last glance as she headed into the shadows of the Rylothian city.

tag: everyone

25. 6-6-6

Oct 24, 2002
    Vash's blades swiped at any lightsaber which came to meet his. The Hutt's armored tail lashed out at one of the Jedi which had made his way behind Vash. Not caring if it he hit the Jedi, the Sith turned back towards the others. Several of them were backing away now, out of reach of his blades. The larger chunks of stone and ferrocrete levetated into the air and were hurled at the Jedi. Vash gathered his power, unleashing a storm of Force lightening down one end of the alley. The Hutt's telekinetic grip on the walls of the small street caved in the half of the alley behind him.

Vash turned back towards the other group of Jedi, only to find him being faced by a single, determined human. A half-mechanical, gutteral laugh sprang from the lungs of the Hutt as it reared up to its greatest height. Vash lifted his arms to the sky, calling down a twister of heated and compressed air. The funnel cloud burst into a superheated flame as it was directed towards the human who dared stand against the Hutt.

The walls of the alley collapsed around Freya, cutting her off from the Jedi. She tried to climb over the rubble, but only managed to tear her robes and cut her fingers. The Jedi jumped back down to the ground, searching for a way around to the other side of the rubble. The sound of blasterfire and the screams of terror distracted her from this task. Instead, she fled back down through the sidestreets back to the medical center where she had left Dankin. She sent a brief telepathic message to the other Jedi telling them what she was doing and to save themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.