main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth-Exodus, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Exodus

Darth-Exodus Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2002
    Anyone else get this on friday?

Christ, not been this addicted to a video game since I was a wee lad. ;)

I have to say, its a million miles better than every other Star Wars game ever released, IMHO. And anyone who's played any LucasArts games lately will know how poor the Star Wars license has got.

But this game, is great. You can create your own character, choose your lightsaber, be a Light or Dark Jedi... Choose various paths, fry people with Force Lightning, take the Jedi Trials, take the Sith trials(!), and its all set 4,000 years before the movies. Lightsabers, and Jedi vs Sith ahoy!

I got an X-Box especially for this game, and I have no regrets at all. :)

So, as a lifelong Star Wars fan, and lifelong gamer, I couldn't recommend this game to you enough.

Plus, its absolutely huge in size!! (and the game is too... ;)) lol

2. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003

I concur on all of the above.

I?d like to write a more detailed analysis of the game, but I?m too busy playing it.

3. Animawookiee

Animawookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    I just got it today (wednesday).

I've only played it for about ten minutes. I took ages choosing my character and then the stats. I never had enough time to get into the game today, just got past a couple of security doors and incountered some bad guys.

Im not that impressed so far because of the limited time I've had with it, but I know its gonna get better when I really get into it and start to understand how to play it. I love the fact that its set 4,000 years in the Star Wars past.

I look forward to loving it.

:)

4. Darth-Exodus

Mar 26, 2002
    Well, I finally finished it tonight, as a Sith, and it was a great ending. hehe.

When I get time I'm going to run through it again as a Light Sider.

I say again, truly great game. Can't wait for the supposed sequel. :D

5. strange2

strange2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2003
    STAR WARS GALAXIES IS WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY BETTER!!!!!! KOTOR IS NOW OLD AND CONFUSING TO ME HAHAHA!!

6. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    KOTOR is a great game. I've been a PS2 person all along, but this game has made me appreciate the Xbox.

I've been all the way through light side, just started dark side a little while ago. I cheer everytime my dark side points go up. Heh heh.

7. Darth-Exodus

Mar 26, 2002
    lol... the moral questions you get asked whilst playing as a dark sider are quite intense I have to say.

There's even a scene where you get points for being a racist, which I don't think is to many people's tastes, but I guess if you're evil - you're evil.

I love the way in which characters go about dueling each other. The animation is really well done. :)

And as far Galaxies being better, I say pah! Be nice if someone actually released it over here in the UK, but from what I read its not actually that good at all. Maybe it will be updated by the time we get it. ;)

8. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    And as far Galaxies being better, I say pah! Be nice if someone actually released it over here in the UK, but from what I read its not actually that good at all. Maybe it will be updated by the time we get it.

I think it is available over here. Edge rated it 6/10, whereas they gave KOTOR 9/10.

I?m making pretty slow progress through the game at present. This is probably due to my sticking to the light side of the force, and my Pazaak addiction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.