main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Grymestone, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Grymestone

Grymestone Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    This is by far one of my favorite Star Wars games and one of my favorite all time games. This is the only game I've ever beaten more than twice haha. I liked the sequel as well but the first one was probably my favorite. The story was fantastic in my view and I'd love to see them do a movie around this time period (now that Disney has their hands on it and is continuing the franchise with new movies). I found the game and started a little playthrough on it on my youtube channel. A trip down memory lane lol. Anyone else remember it? What are your thoughts on the game?

If you'd like to check out the game again here is the link to the playlist of my playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYwqH4QYPJb-WwZmsoNjcRg3vGjaX8fQK&feature=view_all

Darth Mollusca likes this.
  2. The Corellian

The Corellian Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    I can't tell you how many times I've played both games since the time I bought them. At the time, I had never played an RPG before, so I was amazed by how many choices you could actually make throughout the game. Personally, I think they are the greatest SW games ever made, in both story-line and replay-ability

3. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    An HD collection of both games would be nice.

4. davvi36

davvi36 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Knights of the Old Republic is without doubt the best Star Wars game of all times.
    I'm astonished to hear that you've only played through it twice though.

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I've played KOTOR many times, KOTOR II more recently since the Restored Content Mod came out

6. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I picked up KOTOR II earlier this year and played through it with the Restored Content mod. HK-47's rampage through the HK-50 factory had me in stitches. Then there was the Atton vs. Sion fight, which resulted in Sion getting pwned in one critical strike.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It is much better with the additional stuff, shame it was so botched first time around.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  8. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Yep. I have to say the weapon-modding was much improved over KOTOR I; by the end of the game I had some sick lightsabers and BFGs in the arsenal.

9. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    I'm playing the first one on a Mac. I enjoy gaming every once and a while, but I don't own any consoles or a PC, so I was excited to find it in the App store and try it out. I personally love the time period (so much more than the Episodes 4-6 / post-RotJ settings), and the different directions and relationships your character can take make the game so much more enjoyable. I'm a bit ADD, so we'll see if I'd want to replay it; some of the side-quests and puzzles seemed (to me) to drag on.

I'm hoping that KoTOR II and TOR come out for Mac soon. . . .

10. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I play them back to back fairly often, one of the best games I've ever played!

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm in the middle of replaying the first one. On Manaan right now, finally finished up all my sidequests and about to go head for the Star Map. Boy did I forget just how grating the Selkath voices are. Cannot click my mouse button fast enough to skip their dialogue.

12. Exomnius

Exomnius Jedi Knight

Nov 30, 2012
    This

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed.

My favorite MOD was "Kreia's got a brand new hand"...:p

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  14. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Just make sure you don't skip the guy in the locker. I made the mistake of forwarding that clip to a friend who volunteers at Seattle Aquarium; he's probably recited those lines in the underwater dome. "You can't get me fishy, I'm safe behind my walls ..."

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    My son loved that place...

16. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I don't know why, but the Selkath are one of my favorite looking EU aliens. Can't remember what they sound like, guess that means I need to go and play KotoR again...;)

17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I wish we had an updated version for NexGen consoles...

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. DarthCane

May 30, 2002
    Rubbery croaking was the first thing that came to mind, although maybe some cartilage was pictured since they're essentially anthropomorphic mobulid rays.

19. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I agree, KOTOR is the best star wars game ever! I play KOTOR 1 and 2 back to back all the time!

20. Darth Vrook

Darth Vrook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    KOTOR I was great but KOTOR II is what really got me into Star Wars. Kreia IMO is one of the best characters in any video game. A shame all the restored content wasn't on the original game.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, KOTOR II expands well upon the story.

I just prefer the companions of KOTOR 1, and Revan

[​IMG]
    The dude is seriously badass

Malak is suitably evil also, Sion bugged me and Nihilus was cool but under-used.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    At the time, Revan's story was BIG like the movies to me...

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Had a similar twist too, which was great.

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    It was EPIC, as it happened...

25. HighGround

HighGround Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2012
    In the end, there was 1 choice in the game that mattered though.....the choice on the temple rooftop. Everything you did before became meaningless