main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Speculation] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Han Burgundy, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If say Disney created an animated series and it was set in the ToR era, I would prefer showing a pre-Sith world then focusing on the Sith, because it would be something new.

But while I do believe Darth Bane and the last generation of pre-RoT Sith should appear eventually in the new canon, our first introduction of Sith in the nu canon ToR era should be at a time period in which they are strong and not dying out. While in fighting should always happen to some level throughout the generations of Sith, I want to see them keeping that at "bay" so to speak (i.e not wiping them out just yet). After all the pre-RoT Sith still lasted for thousands and thousands of years.

My issues with focusing first on Darth Bane and his time, is that you get less freedom out of this period. We already know that all the Sith besides Bane are going to die soon. We would be shown a dying sith faction who we know sure can't put as much harm on the Jedi and the Old Republic as their ancestors could.

Before seeing the Sith die for the 1st time, the audience should see how strong they used to be. So don't begin the story only 1000 yrs before TPM, set it back far longer then that. It would also go well with Palpatine saying "Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy"

Shaak Ti likes this.
  2. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    "In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Allied System will be reorganized into the first Galactic Republic, for a safe and secure society."

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    With Rebels introducing ships for the Old Republic Era and, for first looks, Malachor could be in the finale - Knights of the Old Republic has to be explored at some point.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Likely?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love an animated or live action KOTOR series.

6. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Would absolutely love a KOTOR film. The first two games are what I consider to be one of the best (if not the best) story outside of the OT. Still waiting for a legit KOTOR 3 so we can find out what happened to The Exile and Revan : (.....

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I'd rather get a reboot or sequel to the game than a movie. In fact, in many ways The Force Awakens feels like a KOTOR movie. There are many similarities between the two.

8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This thread actually covers all things set before the birth of Yoda, not just the plot of the game.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In the preview for Legends of the Lasat (next week's Rebels episode), Zeb says "by the Ashla." In early screenplays, the light side was called "the Ashla" and the dark side was called "the Bogan." The Legends EU used these names for the moons of Tython.

Jedi Merkurian , Krueger and Shaak Ti like this.
  10. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    I wondered why..

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe one of the first Jedi was a Lasat?

Jedi Merkurian and Shaak Ti like this.
  12. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    Or a Lasat from Tython??
    And Bogan (Boga??) is maybe another extinct Tython race.

13. lord ren

lord ren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    If there is a one percent chance that a knights of the old Republic movie becomes the cultural phenomenon that TFA became and create a fanbase on to itself than Disney needs to take that chance

14. Shaak Ti

Dec 22, 2015
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    To be honest if Disney not already considering at least one trilogy of Movies set in the old Republic/Sith Empire then they are out of there Mind. So many possibilities.

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Disney cant keep playing it safe. Sooner or latter they'll hav 2 take a chance.

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Yes. Maybe they'll do something crazy and replace the word "to" with a "2" in one of their titles?

2 the Beyond: A Star Wars Story.

Come on, Disney. Get bold and start spelling with numbers.

Zikri likes this.
  18. Joanu Savan

Joanu Savan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2016
    This would be truly nice...

19. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    While I'm not very knowledgeable on the Old Republic era as it relates to the old EU, having only played a bit of KOTOR, this is an era that would be perfect for a trilogy of films. Since it's set thousands of years in the past, all of the characters would be new, so we wouldn't know what happens to them, which would create a lot of dramatic tension. Visually, if done right, it would be absolutely stunning.

20. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    It is only hard to imagine from the perspective of person from a developing rather than a mature technological society. Once you get to faster than light travel it isn't hard to believe the technology might plateau for really extended periods of times with virtually all innovative nipping at the periphery.

Darth Basin, Zikri and Shaak Ti like this.
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012

"The Sith Knights were founded by a fallen Jedi Knight who was tempted by the dark side." Now let's see that story.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Yep. It needs to happen. I’m not even going to put IMO. It’s too major for one film, though. I genuinely believe this should be a trilogy. According to Palpatine in ROTS, the Sith once ruled the galaxy.

23. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016

Yeah. They could do a Trilogy leading up to their own version of the Marka Ragnos era. The Golden Age of the Sith.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The fallen Jedi Knight that GL talks about in thr video I posted is none other than the character who the EU called "Darth Ruin." The EU also said that he's an Umbaran, the same species as Sly Moore. I like the idea that Sly Moore is his descendent.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It would be interesting if what was called the Sith species in Legends is changed to just being a species that was native to Moraband and as a result contributed lots of members to the Sith Order, leading the Force-ignorant to think that "Sith" was the name of the species rather than the sect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.