main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars launch

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by RingForce1, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RingForce1

RingForce1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2004
    Greetings Force fans,

I am the manager of the Suncoast Movie store in Cary, NC. I would like to ask any of your members that are interested, help me to make this the most memorable Star Wars event in Cary history.

We are planning on an early openning on Tuesday the 21st. Possibly a midnight openning if the mall allows. We are planning on some of our staff in costume, some art and diorama displays, and some other effects to bring out the Star Wars fan in all of us.

Now, I have seen on here that someone started talking about going to Best Buy on Glenwood Ave for the launch. Let me implore you to rethink that choice. We to can provide places to chance ( our own back room and 2 restrooms closer than the restrooms IN Best Buy ). We can also provide places to eat ( Food Court is right across from our store ). As an extra bonus, our store will have 25% discounts on all Star Wars collectables, Sci Fi movies, and all TV DVDs that day. Yes, I even have the Star Wars Unleashed figures in stock!

As an extra bonus, we are offering anyone who buys a copy of the Star Wars Trilogy at our store a FREE reservation of Shrek 2 or Spider-Man 2. Best Buy isn't doing that for you!

I would ask you, the most feverent Star Wars fans in the area, to help me make this the biggest and best Star Wars event in the city. Come have your pictures taken with other Star Wars Fans, with fan customers, and with our staff. Copies would be provided after development.

Any thoughts and considerations can be forwarded to myself at:

jvstephens369@yahoo.com
    -or-
    Suncoast @ Cary: 919-469-1069

Ask for James.

You might ask what I get out of this. Our company is holding a contest to see who can have the best Star Wars event for the launch. The winner of this event gets 2 free tickets and roundtrip costs to Star Wars Celebration 3. My loving girlfriend is one of you, a die-hard Star Wars fan ( I'm just a hard Star Wars fan ) and would join me in having the deepest respect and thanks to each and everyone of you who help us at this event. Who knows, we could even share a drink at the Celebration!

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    We are a GO for this event after talking with James, he was able to obtain
    • midnight to 2am 9/21 at the mall approved by mall management
    • table for our solicitation of membership for the TTF with flyers
    • ability to set up photo ops for donation to our favorite charity, currently Make a Wish Foundation

Let's go with this, people!

3. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Cool, a midnight release. I could come for a hour or so and help out with some stuff, got work on Wednesday. I don't have a costume though. I'm sure I'll be buying also.

William

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Not a problem. You can help out a little by helping out at the membership table or bring a star wars collectible to talk about. You're always welcomed.

5. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Just remember if its due out on the 21st midnight that means technically Monday night.

I'm going to have to opt out guys...sorry :( . I wish I could come but Mondays are terribly long and I have a Statistics exam at 8am that Tuesday morn and a Database exam Wednesday morn. Take lots of pictures though so I can see the fun!

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I'm working on the new fliers right now for Monday night. Just having a little issue of getting graphics in the right spot. I should have both done by tomorrow.

-Janers

7. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I want to thank all of you for any help and support you can give for this. I'm James' (RingForce1) "loving girlfriend" and the fact that he's doing everything he can for this awesome release is really special to me. At the moment, he's working on setting up decorations for the store and I imagine he's going to be up late doing so.

Even if he doesn't win the contest that Musicland is sponsering to go to the Star Wars Celebration in April, we still plan on going and hopefully we'll see some of you there!

Again, you have our appreciation [:D] and if you have any ideas or thoughts, please pass them along to him!

8. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Laura and Steve!

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Good news everyone! The Doctor ok'd me to drive so I definately will be able to drive to the Midnight Release!

-Janers

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    That's great news Janers

JMK

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Natalie, could I borrow the IQM2 table banner for this? Or the tall table photo ops framed thing? Janers could bring it in the truck or I could take it in our back seat.

I love the flyers you and Chris made, they are terrfic! Our website is still down. Do I need to purchase the domain? I can do that! I have time to build it and learn some stuff about websites.

12. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yes it looks like the site has been abandoned. I would recommend doteasy.com for hosting. I also have some suggestions on layout if you want to work on it Don.

I can't remember who the owner of that banner was but its not me. But you are welcome to the tri-fold. Its in out storage somewhere.

13. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    Hey, just letting you all know that James and I have not forgotten about scanning and getting the pics up that were taken at the DVD launch at Suncoast in Cary. We are waiting to hear back from his corporate office about the contest!! I'll keep you guys informed!

We do want to thank you guys again for helping us with that. I thought it was a lot of fun! Did you guys get some new members??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.