main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Star Wars: Legacy—Prisoner of the Floating World #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Manisphere, Jan 15, 2013.

1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I demand that Randy make that a subtitle for one of the arcs. It needs to happen.

Ryus likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah, finally got my copy. Love the story thus far and art (which has really grown on me since last issue). So good to find a series that focuses heavily on the adventure part of the series while not shooting straight for the epic scale part... as a bonus it focuses on the dirtier side of the galaxy. Plus Im really staring to like our three main cast members (even our comedy side kick fish) and the villain so far has been mostly very worthy... AG-37 stole the issue, hope he can maintain that level of quality and Ania can achieve it too soon enough.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You should write a letter. That's the only way to make waves.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I sent a letter after the first issue. It contained praise for the new series, commented on the Galactic Federation Triumvirate, mentioned Ania & Sauk, and included my hopes to see Dac restored.

Oh, and mentioned they should have the occasional fleet battle. For me not to include that would be out of character. :p

--Adm. Nick

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Did you use the word "occasional"? Already seems out of character :D

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I just checked out the email I sent them and I DID use the word occasional. I am obviously mellowing in my old age. :p

--Adm. Nick

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I need to get this issue sometime soon. Hopefully today.

8. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    I loved that issue. The more we see new Imperial Knight, the best it is : I already love Jao Assam. The conversation between Antares and Marasiah was quite nice, and thanks to this we learn more about the precarious situation of the Empire.

Nothing more to add to the previous comments , except one thing : how long would the Sith Apprentice (hope we will learn his real name in the next issue) think he could trick everyone about his identity? I think he will impersonate until he retrieves the lightsaber and the communication droid proving he is a Sith. He can't impersonate Yalta in the core worlds, the Empire would recognize him.

Plus, what was his master's mission? Retrieve Yalta and turn him to the darkside (which seems to be only the apprentice's aim), or just kill the knight and his team to sabotage the Triumvirate actions?

One last thing, I hope we will learn more about the Darth title : in Legacy 1.0, every Sith we saw was a Darth (except Vul Izen), but we couldn't define the true hierarchy established between them. Sure we had Krayt, then his personal guard (Wyyrlok, Maladi, Nihl, Talon, Stryfe), and then the mere Darth.
    Now that Nihl, Maladi and Talon went separate ways, we could have Nihl as the supreme leader, and a personal court (including Havok?), then the mere Darths?

Anyway, can't wait for the next issue!

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Picked up the issue today. The art continues to impress me. The overall style & tone combine to make awesome visuals. Bechko & Hardman really do a fantastic job on the scripts. I assume that Bechko does most of the dialogue, but the pair really does work quite well together. General comments & thoughts below:
    • As I mentioned when the preview cam out last week, I love the reference to the Ithori system and seeing the Ithorians. People tend to forget that, per the LECG, the Ithorians have slowly been restoring their world's ecosystem via their own methods. Having the system also be the sight of a link to the Outer Rim communication array makes good sense, plus it probably helps bring an influx of needed attention to the plight of the Ithorians.
    • I continue to enjoy the adventures of Ania & Sauk. She encompasses all the very best & fun parts of her famous forbearers, while Sauk brings a bit of both humor and tenderness to the pair.
    • AG-37! An assassin droid with a fun character and a connection to Ania. I love that they decided to incorporate a droid to their little "team", especially one that is so bad ass. Afterall, Ania & Sauk are young, so having a tried and tested assassin droid is a nice way to stay safe.
    • Speaking of which, AR-37 has some past connection to Ania or her family. AR-37 notes that "I always pay my debts", to which Ania is promptly confused and AR-37 abruptly changes the subject. There is something more here than meets the eye... [face_thinking]
    • In a nice little Fleet Junkie moment, it appears that AR-37's starships is a CEC design similar to the DP-20 Corellian Gunships of the GCW. The bow is unmistakably the same and I am all for seeing Corellian designs in the Legacy era.
    • The scene between Marasiah and Antares was nice. I would love to see some of what is going on in the Galactic Federation Triumvirate from the perspective of Stazi or K'kruhk, but it is clear that Marasiah has the best of intentions and wants to show the galaxy that the new Galactic Triumvirate sincerely wants to do good.
    • Interesting to see that the Sith-imposter, in his posed capacity as a representative of the Galactic Triumvirate, essentially has the right (or at least the weight to push for it) to federalize local planetary forces in the event of an emergency. Part of me suspects that this is probably only allowed in a "We found Sith!" style event, but either way it is always good to see PSF's and how they interact with federal powers.
    • Speaking of the Carreras PSF, it appears that it is made up of heavy starfighters or blastboat sized vessels. There are roughly three dozen of the vessels seen in that last panel.
    All in all, it was another fantastic issue. I do wish that we got a few more panels devoted to the Galactic Triumvirate on Coruscant, but I have a hunch we will be seeing more of them.

--Adm. Nick

spicer likes this.
  10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    AR-37 is Threepio in a new body. Calling it now.

Point Given , Gorefiend and cthugha like this.
  11. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    You know... I had the same thought. I was thinking when he said that "Threepio... is that you?" :p Would be an interesting contrast to Cade's series with him having R2.

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was OK, I prefer the first issue.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AG-37, guys :p

But yeah, he's pretty awesome! :D

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    This issue was great. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than the first issue --- which I didn't dislike, mind you, but after two of 'em the art and story have both really grown on me. Gotta add my praise for AG-37 and the conversation between Antares & Sia. I really didn't expect to see so much of Draco so early. Holla.

Only two issues in, this series is really firing on all the right cylinders. A focus on underworld characters who nevertheless get caught up in a major galactic struggle; a good mix of new and old characters; interesting new droid, planet, ship et al designs; world-building; lots of Imperial Knights --- for what more could you ask?

15. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    That Sith/IK impostor seemed overly obsessed with getting that lightsaber.

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I enjoyed this one, despite some plot convience involving a bad ass Assassin droid just happening to show up and save the day. Outside of that the droid is awesome, but raises a bunch of questions for me. AG-37, it could be just a name but I think it would have been really cool to match it up with the old IG line in some way. Since IG stood for InterGalactic and was named for the banking clan, I'd like to see some ties in the series to that, and to Holowan Mechanicals for that matter.

Clearly this droid goes back a long way. He talks about what I assume to be the Jedi of the Old Republic and having seen Empires rise and fall(I presume Palpatine & Krayt).

And the whole "I pay my debts" thing is interesting. AG-37 must be indebted to the Solo family in some way but historically speaking there is little that I came come up with in regard to that. What Solo's have even been involved with Droids? IG-88 hunted Han Solo of course. The YVH Droid(s) guarded Amelia Solo for a time.

Of course it could be some new storyline that has no mysterious ties to something that already exists, that would be fine to. I'm just kinda hoping for something brilliant here. Heck, maybe I5YQ is in there :p

17. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Didn't one of the Young Jedi Knights books, (Delusions of Grandeur) involve a re-purposed IG-88 or copy in the service of the Raynar family. I know Jacen and Jaina had some interaction with the droid, but its been years since I read the book.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    AG-37 will probably have something to do with Han/Leia in some story we don't know about them yet, or something to do with Ania's parents (to help explain her backstory).

Robimus likes this.
  19. TheWolfmanGuitarist

TheWolfmanGuitarist Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2013
    Cannot wait to get into this new volume.
    Just found out this was happening a day or so ago.
    Loved the Legacy books.
    Can't wait for these!

Robimus likes this.
  20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, I think the droid will be connected to her parents. There is something fishy going on, and it ain't Sauk! :p

--Adm. Nick

21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    You won't be disappointed. First two issues are great.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    My crazy random theory is that this is the IG-88 that Jaina and Jacen reprogrammed back in the YJK days. Or rather the empty shell after IG-88 had delusions of grandeur, but best not to reference that part too much. If I remember right, the Solo kids had reprogrammed it to find Raynar's dad, and it finally did... when he was already dying. A direct order from the elder Thul allowed the droid to rush the kids off the asteroid, then it went back for Raynar's dad and that was the last we saw of it, presumably destroyed with the rest of the asteroid. And that because it failed to save Raynar's dad, it feels it owes a debt to a Solo descendant, Ania. Yeah, not likely, but otherwise, AG-37 is a welcome addition to the cast.

Its been around for decades at least, and is actually pretty chatty, considering it otherwise looks like a normal IG assassin droid (and can shoot like one too).

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I am not 100% convinced that AG-37's reference to the "golden days" with Jedi in power goes all the way back to the Old Republic. I took that as a reference to the good years under the NR & GA (there were bad ones under them as well, to be sure), when the galaxy was largely at piece and the New Jedi Order was growing. I am not normally a fan of droid characters, but there is something about AG-37 that intrigues me. I can't put my finger on it, but a little mystery in Star Wars is always a good thing. [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...there were good years under the NR? Since when? :p

25. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I've got to get this issue and the first. Ashamed to say that I'm behind. [face_blush] I can't stand missing the Sitares moments.