main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Star Wars: Legacy Comic Book Series

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Here it is folks. A topic open to Legacy comic book discussion.

I'm really loving this series that begins roughly 100 plus years after Episode VI. It is chock full of dark ironic sub-plots and lighter moments of natural humour. Those hurting for Firefly/Serenity style writing will find it with this series. More later...

2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I like a lot of the new costumes from this series. The Imperial knights are awesome.

I was also a bit partial to the issue that followed the stormtrooper squad, even if it didn't have much to do with the story line.

3. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I love this series! The only thing that could make it better would be some backstory. I must say that Cade is indeed a Skywalker, his whine gives it away.

4. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Spoiler

When I saw Lukes "cameo" I was blown away. It was interesting that he could maintain his individuality for so long. According the the Truce at Bakura, Obi Wan wasn't able to do that indefinitely. Also, a thought: Did Luke die relatively young or did he pull an Anakin and get to look all young when a force spirit (which I still did not like).

Peace,
    Edric

5. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    I wondered the same thing... [face_thinking]

6. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Maybe he won't make it out of LOTF? Having Jacen strike him down would be quite interesting. Things are pointing towards a confrontation anyway. If Luke just got appear that way because daddy did, then does that mean in the 30th Ann. Super-Nifty DVD Edition Alec will be changed to Ewan at the end of ROTJ?

7. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Frankly, if they wanted to do it right, they would have the ghosts of all the jedi there welcoming Anakin back into the light. I know that there is the whole issue of only a few Jedi being able to do that. However, the combined mojo of Obi and Yoda should be able to make this happen, albiet briefly.

Edric

8. Agent_Sith

Agent_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    After reading Legacy, issue 6 all I can say is "Wow"

Best line in the whole book:
    "I have had enough."

*shivers* that was Awesome!

9. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Well issue number six certainly was a kick in the brick-laying hole. I think the events near the end of that one will certainly put Emperor Fel in the mood to ally with Cade's bunch (maybe officially/unofficially burying the hatchet with the Galactic Alliance Core Defenses and the Jedi Order as well). Alas, politics and tragedy make the galaxy ripe for the making of strange bedfellows. Krayt's wish for a unified galaxy might be in the works - only not the way he wanted. Them Imperial Knights are so boss! Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel would be proud. Heh-heh-heh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.