main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Star Wars:Legacy Fans

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by adve, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Favorite Legacy Faction?

1. Fel Empire(non force sensitive)

11.1%
  2. Sith Imperials(non force sensitive)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The One Sith Order

16.7%
  4. The Jedi Order

22.2%
  5. Imperial Knights

44.4%
  6. Rav's People

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Crew of the Mynock (Cade included since he isn't really a Jedi)

5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Come and get to know your fellow Star Wars Legacy fans and appreciate the wondrous work of art created by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema!

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Why are you like this? How can you make people choose between different factions within Fel Empire? The correct answer is all of the one true Empire under Fel. ;)

That said, I voted for the Imperial Knights. There used to have been a fan club, which I dearly miss.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Amon_Amarth Some people prefer just the Imperial Knights as opposed to the entire Empire. I voted for the One Sith.

4. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    So, to get some discussion going, were you able to guess Darth Krayt's identity while the comics were being released / while reading, or did it come as a surprise?

5. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Krayt's identity as A'Sharad Hett? No because I don't read Republic comics or whatever comic he was in. Not a fan of that era.

6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    adve
    You should totally read the Republic comics! The're amazing! I didn't even include them on my favorite comics list, because they're ascended. Also Fel Empire is the best faction ever, post-Clone Wars.

Amon_Amarth and spicer like this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The Republic comics are the best stories set in that era. Nothing comes close to them when it comes to storytelling quality, art and character development. You're missing out.

Chancellor Yoda and Amon_Amarth like this.
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I recently had the pleasure of binge reading through the entire Legacy and Legacy: War series. Really good stuff. I love how they touched on some more morally grey subjects of the Force.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Chancellor Yoda and spicer like this.
  9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Indeed, moral complexity is exactly what made Legacy so compelling. The whole dilemma of Emperor forbidding Imperial Knights to save Sia for the fear of a trap. It asks questions: What does it take to achieve victory? Is it right to do whatever it takes? Should we do it? Are we actually going to do it in the end?

I also really appreciated how Ostrader portrayed Cade's angst and his dealing with the darker part of his family's legacy, instead of him just being a tantrum-throwing darksider.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Agreed, especially on the part about Cade. They touched on the angst issue better than Lucas did with Anakin.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

11. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Legacy fan here as well. :)

One of the best aspects for that series for me was the excellent world building, really making it feel strange but familar at the same time.

Also Imperial Knights.

12. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I really liked Roan Fel as a character as he grew so desperate to stop Krayt he was about to use the Omega Red Maladi gave him on Coruscant or some planet like that. That part felt very realistic to me.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  13. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Any Legacy fans around here cosplayed Legacy characters?

I'm finishing up Marasiah Fel (Vendaxa outfit), hopefully for DragonCon, but I'd also like to pick brains of anybody who pulled an Imperial Knight. When time and money permit, I'd definitely like to go for IK armor. :D

14. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002

Post pics!

15. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Will do when it's finished!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The ending of Legacy was very vague (They actually lampshaded it which I thought was hilarious!). Anyway what do you think happened to the galaxy? The Fels had a legitimate claim to the galaxy; My headcanon is that the Fels took all of Krayt's territory. The Galactic Alliance would merge with the Empire and the two entities would form a new galactic senate to replace the crooked High Moff Council. One galaxy. One Empire.

17. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    My headcanon (ok this one is weird) is that Vitiate is somehow still alive and he pulls a repeat of what happened in SWTOR.

18. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    That's funny. I had this idea for a post-Legacy RPG: Basically a bunch of Sith survivors had camped out in the Unknown Regions and wanted to use their Empire to take over the galaxy. It was kind of a parody of SWTOR.

19. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I myself thought the Imperial Knights were a bad idea.
    I think they should attempt to form a one galaxy one empire but there should be some kind of civil war. perhaps different branches could support different claims to the throne, resulting in the total destruction of ik?
    and will people please stop using star destroyers solely as soon as they try to form a new legitimate government. (the Imperials, excepted of course.)

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    What's wrong with the Knights?

21. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    It may just be me but I felt they were redundant. They serve the emperor and not the force, so theoretically they could actually be a sith and still be a perfectly fitting IK. And I just don't like Fel, I feel like Jaina or her descendant helps to form the IK feels like a betrayal of her Jedi roots.

I just looked at the banner here.

Gosh I miss Jarael TT

22. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I think the Imperial Knights added some much needed complexity, proving that a group could exist outside of the ancient Jedi-Sith duo. And how are the Knights redundant? They were the soul of the Empire; The idea of Legacy is two old enemies (The Empire and the Alliance) setting aside grudges to defeat a common enemy.

spicer and Force Smuggler like this.
  23. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Who doesn't? Some might call it blasphemy but I'd say the KOTOR comics were the pinnacle of SW, IMO.

24. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I wouldn't call them the pinnacle, but they were certainly one of the high points. The pinnacles were SWTOR (excluding KOTFE and KOTET) and Dark Empire.

25. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    For me it might go something like this:
    KOTOR comics > Legacy v1 > Legacy v2 > Republic Commando > Clone Wars > Thrawn Trilogy > Original Trilogy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.