main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Lego characters at Auckland Airport

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Apr 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Check it out:

http://www.auckland-airport.co.nz/Kidsite/newsletter.html

For those too lazy to read it, it says they have a life size Darth Vader and R2D2 in lego bricks.

I might go out today and have a look.
    Has anyone else been out there?

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I saw the Darth vader and R2 when they had them made up in Tauranga. They looked pretty good, especially R2.
    Akld airport also has a good SW lego collection in duty free, still quite pricey though.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Legos great, I had heaps as a kid (still do in fact) and recently made an R2 D2, Destoyer droid and a Radiant VII from my lego collection (not quite as big as those at the airport). that has'nt stopped me getting some of the new stuff, got the AT ST walker for my birthday and the little Chewie figure is so cool!

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Imagine how much it would cost you, if you had to buy normal Lego sets, to get enough black bricks for a life-size Darth Vader.

:)

5. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I love the little Star Wars lego figures.
    I've got Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, ROTJ Luke, Scout-troopers, R2D2 and C2PO.
    Lego put the figures out seperately in packs of three, but they aren't available outside the US, according to their website.
    It's a shame, because I want Darth Vader, and I haven't seen the set with him in it anywhere. How are you supposed to have lego lightsaber duels with no Darth Vader??
    :)

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That's just it you can't! Best we go on a nation wide man hunt for a Darth Vader so Kitt can play Jedi Vs Sith.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Does he come with the TIE fighter??

I have a vague feeling I've seen him on a box somewhere. If I'd known the other day I could have looked in the Lego catalogue (there was a pile in one of the Warehouse beanches I visited in my figure hunt).

I wouldn't mind getting all the Lego sets, but there just TOO expensive (and I've run out of room to store stuff). The only one I've got is Anakin and his Podracer. My brother brought it back from the UK when he was there (during the release of Episode I - lucky sod!).

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Oh no, I've revealed my secret pastime!!

The lego set with Darth Vader is the tie fighter & y-wing set, here's a link for a picture:

http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=7150

The lego is expensive, so I just get the stuff I really like, even then I get it from K-mart when they have 15% of everything in store days.

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll have a look at the warehouse next week or this weekend which ever comes first and see if I can find a vader with his tie fighter.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Princess Lego would love that. She had the whole collection of SW lego until the new sets were released recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.