main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Lego Sets!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Scimitar13, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I am sorry if this is in the wrong place or if there is already a topic about this, I could not seem to find one. This topic if for discussion of the Lego Star Wars sets.

I used to have many legos when I was younger, but those ended up being given away. Recently I have started to get new sets as I want to start up a collection of lego sets for display. So far the only Star Wars set I have is Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator, I would like to get the Palpatine's Arrest set and the Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers set, as well as a set of an X-wing. The new Duel on Geonosis set looks really good too. What sets do you guys have? And what sets would you like to get?

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I would probably get the Jabba's Palace one.

3. Agarwaen the Elven King

Agarwaen the Elven King Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
  4. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    I've been collecting Legos since I can remember. I recently just bought the A- Wing Starfighter and Millenium Falcon. I highly recommend them to anyone that's interested.

5. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I just got the Geonosian Cannon set, it is a nice little set. The characters are great!

6. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    The Lego sets look awesome. My only two complaints are that (1) man are those things pricey! (okay, maybe I am cheap but to me, Legos really seem high priced! and (2) for business reasons that I totally understand, they make you have to buy some of the big (expensive again!) sets to get some of the cooler figures. But they are, no doubt, very cool!

7. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    I always wanted a darth maul lego set.:(

8. CrashTheHedgehog100

CrashTheHedgehog100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    They are very expensive, I used to have a lot of them but sadly I no longer have any of them.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Or you could use large amounts of normal Lego bricks to achieve some of the same effects.

Still expensive though.

10. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Expensive ? This is legos we're talking about.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I have been collecting these since my daighter was born almost six years ago. They are a great distraction and now that the kids are older a lot of fun for them too. My favorite is the UCS Millenium Falcon.

[​IMG]

The Jabba's Palace one is a really nice set, it even fits on top of the Rancor Pit set so you can open the trap door and feed the Rancor. Sorry I don't have pics of that one though.

[​IMG]

benknobi1 likes this.
  12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    This probably would be better placed in the Collecting threads. I am a huge Lego fan and have everything from the OT! Jabba's [new] palace set and rancor pit is very cool! I just put that one together. Legos are one of the few things I open and I love putting them together. I haven't found a bad set... except the first Falcon which kept falling apart every time I touched it even after I superglued it together. Hmmm... it never occurred to me that was done on purpose to mimic the real one.:p I even complained to the Lego rep at CIII about it. I love the second Falcon as well. The Ultimate is the Death Star set which I am lucky enough to own, but I have no goo place to display yet, so it stays in the box for now.

The new A-Wing is pretty cool, too. It comes with a pilot, Admiral Ackbar, and Han Solo for some reason - perhaps to increase sales.

Maul's Sith Infiltrator set is very worthwhile if you can get your hands on one. It's been out of production for a while now.

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I think there is or was a Lego thread in Collecting.

Which Death Star do you have J_Girl, the UCS Death Star II or the playset? I have the playset and it rocks, my kids lay with it all the time re-enacting different scenes.

[​IMG]

14. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    There is a Lego thread for sure.

I have the playset with all the figures and different rooms. While I think the UCS sets are amazing, they aren't as much fun for the money. I want the Star Destroyer though. It does have some playability.
    We are in the process of house shopping and yes, there will be a room for the Legos to all be out and played with... except that Falcon that falls apart. Seriously, I love it, but it's annoying.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The only UCS sets I bothered with were ones that were close to mini-fig scale, the Falcon and the Imperial Shuttle. But that new SSD looks pretty cool too. I just have no room to display it. :(

Like I said though, the Death Star playset is great. My son loves throwing "Captain Solo" as he calls him down the garbage chute and into the compactor. It's actually really sturdy too so you can move it around a bit so the kids can play with it.

J_Girl and benknobi1 like this.
  16. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Th
    I can tell I like your son already! Nice to see a child being raised right! ;)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :) he is obsessed with Star Wars, especially Mandalorians. I am pretty sure that is my fault. Give it a decade and i can see him being a member here. :p

[​IMG]

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.