Abq Star Wars Library Day

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Change of Plan guys, The wife can't attend, so i'm flying solo in Jedi.
  2. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    That's a bummer, bro. I was looking forward to seeing her again (the few times we've ran into each other) and the costume...
  3. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, something came up so she has to tend to it. Gives me a chance unleash my C3 self, oh yeah, oh wait it's a library, there goes that idea.
  4. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wook,
    It shouldn't be a problem with the CD-Player in the program room. We just won't have it real loud. Also, did you find those books you read to Nathan? And, do you have the other big activity book? I thought I had put both of them in the plastic bin that Bob brought, but I could only fine one in there.

Other news on Library Day
    Shannon finished the bookmarks and we printed them out on cardstock paper. Aaron brought the books yesterday. I'm going to read them and time it, to see how long it takes. We may have to paperclip some of the pages to shorten them.
    There are 30 kids signed up so far, but we are sure there will be more as several people have called in and asked about it.

5. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Well, since Julie's team leader on the reading section, we need to get the books to her. She's working on the reading session and the books that we'll be reading for that. She's got some fun ideas for that.

When can I get those books, Donna?
  6. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we have over 50 kids signed up! So including any walk-ins we should have quite a crowd.
  7. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Gulp!!!

Donna - I gave Julie the reading book, and I have the other activity book with me.
  8. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wook, I saw them when I dropped off the other books. Thanks!

9. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    50 kids... wow. And I can barely handle the kids' area as it is... ;)

This should be a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to it. Although I've really gotta remember to refer to it as "Star Wars Day" when at work and not as "Library Day" so that people stop looking at me like I'm crazy. "But every day is Library day here..."
  10. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I was stunned when Cathy told me how many had signed up. I never thought it would be that many. And, that's not counting the ones who come in later, etc.
  11. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Big day tomorrow, guys. Just reminding you all!

Roman, how many 501st Activity Books you bringing? I'll print some today as well.

David and Roman, you guys bringing plenty of Clone trooper blanks to color?
  12. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I can make 30 or 50 whatever you need. Do we need anymore good guys, I was thinking of going civilian cause I have to run some errands right before, So the Jedi outfit may be a struggle to have. Let me know.
  13. JediMexx Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I will be bringing 80 of the 501st books and 100 of the create your own clone. Do you need anything else????
  14. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Wow! That sounds good, Roman! Thanks a ton!

David, if you need to go civvy, that's cool. Or if you still want to go in costume, there will be room to change if you bring your stuff.
  15. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll see about bringing my stuff then, since there's a room to change.
  16. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    No Ephant Mon thong this time Dave. Keep it at home!!
  17. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Can I at least wear my ass less pants? come on, i'll Wax!

Hey Skyra or Leto, how's the Air Conditioning in there, Just wondering if it will be too hot to wear the Jedi Robe?
  18. LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The temp inside is good, Dave. I don't think you'll be all hot in Jedi robes.

And that's a big negative on the assless pants. We're trying to keep the emotional scarring down to a minimum this weekend. ;)
  19. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Crap! There goes half of my wardrobe. What will I wear now?
  20. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  21. nmfiredawg Force Ghost

star 3
    Do I need to bring the printer for pictures or what? Don't have backing made up that don't say May 1 on them.
  22. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Please be there early. If you are bringing your Stand-Up, please, please, PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE be early.

Library day starts at 1:30.

Some of you will be getting phone calls this evening...
  23. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
  24. Gelzcapz Jedi Knight

i might be going tomorrow but i'm kinda new to all this... what exactly is library day?
  25. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Scott, I don't think you need the printer. I was thinking if we take any pictures and the parents want a copy we can just get their email? Might make it easier.

Gelzcapz-it's actually Star Wars Day at the library, but we have just been saying Library Day. :)

I am going to get to the library no later than 12pm to get everything ready. An idea, I had was we have the old Dr. Seuss drawstring bags that were left over, so I would like to take an activity book and some other puzzles that we made up today and stuff the bags ahead of time and pass them out when they sign in.
    We may also have some pencils to put in the bags also.

I'm sure there some other stuff, but I'm bushed and can't think too straight now, so I'll pass it on tomorrow.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.