main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Star Wars Library Day

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    If anyone is still around here and are planning to come to the event this afternoon
    please park in the old MCI parking lot next to the library if possible. They may not be enough parking
    for the people attending, plus those of us from Mos Alba.

Thanks!
    I'm here at the library now, working on getting everything together.

2. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Once again, I had a really great time. I think the kids had a great time too. Sorry if my noise-making prop toys added to the chaos. I'll try and have some more Star Wars props next time. Only a few people complained about the Trek stuff, like "Hey I thought this was a Star Wars gig." (But a lot of people played with them anyway). Met a family from Georgia, and the son was 14 and he was like me at his age. He was all about the props. So I turned him on to the BBC (Blaster Builder's Club). I wish there had been a BBC when I was his age! No such luck. But that didn't stop me from trying. Obviously.

Sorry I had to bug out on you guys for the bowling. I was just too tired and I needed to go to a meeting anyway. But after dinner with a few of you, I did go out and rent "Jay and Silent Bob." Never saw it before. What a riot! Pretty filthy language, but nothing I haven't heard before. Very funny stuff! Especially all the Star Wars references that only a geek would get. Thanks for mmaking me curious.

And thanks all for a really fun day!

-propgeek

3. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I know we had cameras there...

post your pictures or email them to me and I'll put them up on the mos alba website...

-lor

4. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Hello there,
    Just wanted to send out a "thank you" to everyone involved. I took my 2 year old son, Jacen , as well as my wife to check out the event and we really had a good time. Jacen enjoyed coloring on the bookmarks and he especially liked all the costumes. My wife and I are Celebration 1,2,and 3 veterans and are familiar with some of the Fan Force clubs across the nation, but it didn't even occur to us that there would be one right here in good ol' Albuquerque. I'll definitely keep my eye on the boards for future events!

5. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Welcome, HairlessWookie! Thanks for coming and having a good time. Hope you guys can make it to our next meeting on June 19th, location TBA. Keep checking the Mos Alba events calendar. Do you costume? I'm new to this whole thing (only I've been making props for years) and trooping is a rush! Lots of fun.

-propgeek

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome hairlesswookiee! Saturday was a blast for us as well (though it was quite a bit of work for some of us! *WHEW!*)

As propgeek said, we're always trying to think of something to do. Next BIG thing we're working on is Bubonicon in August. We hope to see you and your family there (and in the next couple of months until then as well!).

I'm pretty proud of the people in this group. Some of the most generous and sincere people I've met. I'm glad to call these folks my friends. And knowing how family-friendly our group is, and how sweet everyone is with my kids (5-yr old and 2-yr old boys) along with the other kids of members, it's so fun to do things that everyone can come out and enjoy.

Again, hope to see you guys soon!

:)
    - Brotherhalo (the Biker Scout at the library...)

7. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Thanks to all who participated on Saturday!! It seemed like the kids who were there had a great time, and I know I did as well! :)

8. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I have to agree with Bob...very family friendly group. Next time we do something like this, I can probably get media coverage if that is wanted. I am friends with one of the reporters for KRQE (13) and he is always looking for local "feel good" stories to do. I should have thought about it, but it didn't even occur to me.

9. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    I want to thank all our members who helped out at the event, I can't ever remember a program having that many attendees. Total count was 214!!

HairlessWookiee, I'm glad you and son had a good time. Hope to meet you at one of our upcoming meetings.

10. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    Awesome, I appreciate the welcome.
    Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.
    I've never had the chance to really get into making my own costume, but the interest is definitely there. My wife made a "Celebration Leia" costume from ANH that she wore to the opening show of Episode One that turned out pretty sweet.Other than that, we've just thrown around some ideas here and there. Maybe this is the inspiration I need to really get myself in gear!! :)

11. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    SO, how tall are you, Hairless Wookie? I really need a sidekick bad.

-propgeek/Han Solo

12. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    LOL.
    Actually, I'd have to wear stilts if I wanted to pull off a Wookiee costume.
    I'm short and stocky....maybe I could pull off being Lumpy--you know , from the Holiday Special?? on second thought......maybe not.

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    AAGH! The dreaded Holiday Special!!! Well, Wookiees are cool nonetheless...

Welcome Hailesswookiee!

And 214???? WOW! That was quite the turnout!

14. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Yeah, it was a good thing a fire marshall just didn't happen in there from AFD, there might have been some serious issues. We were way over the limit. :)

15. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    What day in August is Bubicon s/p

16. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey I was at walmart today and saw vader school folders on clearance for 50 cents each. Along with some other things. As a group do we want to maybe pick a cr@!p load of these things up for our next reading event or outing?

17. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Sounds like a good idea nmfiredawg! Next time I'm in
    WalMart, I'll pick some up.

18. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I like notebooks with Darth Vader and Stormtroopers on the front!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.