main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Star Wars Library Event

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I've been contacted by the lady who worked with us on the Boerne Library visit we did last summer, and she has moved to a library here in town. She has invited us to their event commemorating the 30th Anniversary Of Star Wars! It will take place on Monday, May 14th from 6-8pm at the Cody Branch Library at 11441 Vance Jackson. They will have SW author Aaron Allston there doing a talk and book signing. There will be Star Wars themed treats and activities, and the librarians are even planning on dressing up in costume too. They would love to have us there, if you can make it. The timing isn't the greatest, but hopefully a few of us can make it out there to take pics and have fun with lots of kids.

Please post here or email me if you are interested in attending, and pass the word on to anyone who loves Star Wars books or who has kids who would love to see some Star Wars characters.

Thanks,
    Lisa

2. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I will definitely be there.

-Brent

3. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Sorry can't make it on Monday night.

4. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Don't forget that the Cody Public Library event is this Monday, May 14 from 6-8pm. It is located on Vance Jackson between Huebner and Wurzbach. I know this is on a Monday, but I'm hoping that at least some of you can make it. I know the kids and the librarians would love it.

Map:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS205US205&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

Thanks,
    Lisa

5. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Sorry, I won't be able to go.
    I'm going to the Spurs game.
    Have fun everybody.[face_peace]

6. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I'd love to go, but I imagine they want people in costume and I wouldn't be. Doubt they want a dude in a Han Shot First t-shirt standing around.

7. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    You know you are always welcome at any event even if you don't have a costume.

8. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    I thought it turned out well. Although irritating 12 year old boys should be beaten out of the room next time.

-Brent

9. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Shouldn't they always?

It turned out surprisingly well considering it was a on Monday. I really want to thank Brent and Pete and all of the Society members who attended. I was feeling way way less than 100% today, and I really appreciate those of you who made it. They plan on doing something else at that Library in the fall, hopefully on a weekend this time, and they have invited us back for that. The librarian was very happy with the way things turned out.

Thanks again,
    Lisa

10. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Sorry I missed it.

11. Captain_Pete_Solo

Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    I had a great time, then again any time I get to dress up is gonna be a great time. I did get talk to Aaron Alston for a bit just before everything got started, he's a nice guy. It was great seeing Lisa, hope you're feeling better. Hope we can all meet up again for future events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.