main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Literature Trivia! From West End Games, to the New Jedi Order! Ongoing!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bubba, Sep 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yeah, I should have rephrased that. But you're right Dev!

Now, did See-Threepio and Artoo Detoo ever meet the Ewoks BEFORE the Battle of Endor? (This one is hard, but not for some preveleged people...)

2. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Weeeellll? Did they ever meet?

3. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    They proabaly did, or you probably wouldn't have asked that question but I'm going to say no. Just cause thats the way GL meant it to be.

4. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

Yarua Of Kashyyyk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    There was the whole "Droids and Ewoks Cartoon Hour" ages ago, but I don't think Artoo and Threepio actually ever met any Ewoks prior to the Battle of Endor...

5. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    No, it wasn't a trick question (I'll rarely ever do those). They actually DID meet, in the Marvel Star Comic Book called, "Lost in Time!" Any questions, just ask away to me.

Next one:

How did "Grand" Admiral Zaarin die?

6. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

May 1, 2000
    Didn't Thrawn kill him?

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    he jumped into hyperspace with his faulty cloaking device activated, it blew out the hyper drive and spread his ship across space.

8. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yes...and no.

Thrawn knew Zaarin would steal the Corellian Corvette "Vorknyx" because it held a prototype cloaking device, and would escape Thrawn yet again by using it in hyperspace. Fortunately for the Chiss Grand Admiral, the prototype cloaking device had a chink in it: It would be catastrophic to iniciatiate the device in hyperspace. Which is exactly what Zaarin did, get killed in a tremendous explosion which threw the wreckage of the Corvette back to realspace.

Name all the Emperor's Hands.

9. Yarua Of Kashyyyk

May 1, 2000
    Mara Jade, Shira Brie, Roganda Ismaren, Ardyn Lyn and Maarek Stele.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    maarek stele, mara jade, roganda ismaren, shira bria, and ardyn lyn are all the known hands.

11. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    I didn't know Arden Lyn was actually a character in the novels!

12. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    How right you all are. Guess its back to hard questions....

Here's a good one....

How did Han Solo earn his Corellian Bloodstripes?

13. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Um, by saving Chewie?

14. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    I thought that nobody really knows, Lucasfilm has ordered authors not to write about it. I think A.C. Crispin hinted at some possibilities in Rebel Dawn, though.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Garik-Face-Loran for your information, maarek stele(who get's promoted to hand during the tighfighter game) and ardyn lyn(teras kasi master) are characters from games, but EC backs up that their hands and real to the universe. here is something i typed out a week ago, everything you ever wanted to know about ardyn lyn and teras kasi that is officially released by lucasfilm, remember that lucasfilm policy games are just as official as the novels and comics.

"yes, but arden lyn had the only true tera kasi moves in the game.

han solo has like maybe one tera kasi move he learned from an old spacer, ("...while time in cantina gave him a glimpse of teras kasi fighting styles"(page15)). but that hardly counts towards being a expert at the art.

The Gamorean, Thok some how got ahold of tera kasi fire technique:teras kasi flame stream? not sure how but it's not a genetic altered ability, maybe a tera kasi chemical spray they hold in their mouth to spit at people(very much in line with some modern martial art's attacks), that bursts into flame when it hit's air? or maybe it's really a control of the atmosphere around the fighter causing friction and heat? come on if the guy on kung fu can put out a flame from across the room by waving his hand the right way why can't their be a tera kasi moves to do similar amtmosphere control. If ewok's can have magic on their planet why not tera kasi's have limited form of magic?

finally the tusken, Hoar is supposed to be an apprentice to Arden but most likely not an expert at as she is. "...hoar traveled off-world to become a student of Ardyn lyn. with her guidence, he honed his fighting skills and mastery of teras kasi."(pg 18) but mastery of some aspects of tera kasi does not meen he is a Teras Kasi Master

but i digress i was refering to the star wars Encyclopedia more than the game, were it refer's to as:

Teras Kasi:
    A form of a hand-to-hand combat, roughly translated into"steel hands,"that is taught in the Pacanth Reach, a remote star cluster in the outer rim. a mystical form of martial arts, it has long been practiced on the planet Bunduki, where it is taught by the followers of Palawa. its practitioners also study history, philosophy, and metaphysical subjects.

now to be complete about the history of tera kasi, according to the game manual Arden Lyn's background:

...The feared and Young assasin, Arden Lyn, a student of an ancient and almost forgotten fighting art known as Teras Kasi. Arden is a clever threat.(page 1)

Arden Lyn (Teras Kasi Master)
    As the order of the jedi resurfaces. so do the teachings of teras kasi, in the form of Arden Lyn, master of teras kasi. A Palawan Warrior from the time of the Jedi, her youthfulness belies her actual age. Her skills as one of the last teras kasi masters has attracted the attention of the emperor and darth vader, who have assigned her to track down and take out key rebel alliance personnel. Arden, however, has her own agenda...(page12)

Lastly we are informed in the Ec that Ardyn lyn was one of Emperor palpatines,many "Emperor's Hands" (EC, pg. 106)

My point of this all being the tera kasi seems to be an art as old and mystical as the Jedi,with force like powers but seems to be something a forceless individiual could learn through years of training and dicipline, much like the Aing Tii.
    basically the the "Force for the Force impaired", but i assume it's skill that if a Jedi was to train in it would enhance their fighting ability"

16. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Whew, that was a mouthful. Dev, you're right, nobody knows how he got 'em. Good conjecture there, Valiento.

On to a mother-ship hard question:

How old is Tig Fromm, the intergalactic gangster who made See-Threepio and Artoo-Detoo's lives hard shortly before the Battle of Yavin?

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    thanks, bubba. one more thing, adding to my above, let me be sure to let it be known that maarek stele was novelized of sorts in the stele chronicles and tiefighter strategy guide if you can find's these it's worth the read.

i've actually only read the stele chronicles, and x-wing strategy guide(a combination of the farlander paper's and novelization of the game) so far, but russel demaria did a good job. when i have the time and have caught up with the main stream novels enough, i will read the tiefighter novelization in the guide.

one last thing the farlander story is a good prequel to the x-wing books, because it explains the missions the flight sim's in the book's were based on.

18. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Yeah, I bought the TIE FIGHTER strategy book with the Stele Chronicles in Chicago two years ago, and the X-wing guide is in my local library.

So, does anyone know how old this alien bad-boy is?

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    i have no clue, :(

bubba make sure to get ahold of the stele chronicles it's the prequel to the strategy guide, it's not reprinted in the guide(unlike x-wing guide reprinted farlander papers), :(, but it's rare but worth finding. it's got a nice swoop race scene. really get's down to maarek stele's home life and knowledge of his family.

20. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Ohh! Way cool! What's the prequel called? Where can I find it?

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The Stele Chronicles" that's all it was called
    it was novella that came with the first edition disk versions of the tiefighter game, so your best bet would be to do a ebay search from time to time until you see the game, then bid for the game to get the story(e-mail the salers to make sure that the copy has the novella).

the basics of the plot is that it show's how maarek was conscripted into the empire.

22. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Well, since I already have the Collectors CD, could you give me a summary of the story, events and character, PLEASE?!

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    send me a private message and i will respond to it when i have the time. by the way if i remember right i got it for $5 and gave the disk's away, all i wanted was the story. i prefer my collector's cd enhanced any day over the disk's versions, :)

24. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Well, I think a private message would be an e-mail, so here goes....

25. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    No one seems to know the answer. Someone ask a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.