main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Live Action Role Playing in the Cleveland area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Dakuwan, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakuwan

Dakuwan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any Star Wars LARP in this area. LARP is live action role playing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dakuwan

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Never heard of that. We kind of do that with our fan films. But that doesn't really count as we aren't playing a game or abiding to any rules.

Sounds interesting, though. I'd like to hear more about it.

3. Dakuwan

Dakuwan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Sorry about the late reply. I guess the best way to describe Live Action Role Playing is combining Table top role playing with theater. There are many types of LARPs ranging from physical games where people hit each other with foam weapons, to "laser-tag" stye games, to games that resolve combat using dice / "rock-paper-scissors". There are rules of course. I guess it can be described as unrehearsed theater where character development is tracked by the cast. I guess you can call the Gamemaster the director. Anyways, it's a lot of fun.

I've done various LARPs including Fantasy style using foam weapons to Theater style using rule based on the Role Playing game Vampire: the Maquerade. A while back, West End Games made a Live Action Role Playing game rule book. I just haven't heard of any Star Wars LARP games in the area. I would definitely enjoy doing something like it.

As for doing fan films, I think that's awesome. Wish I had time to dabble in that stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.