main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: LORDS OF THE SITH by Paul S. Kemp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In what way?

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Hopefully, in that people have had to spend time defending the character's existence against bigots that ideally they could have been using to get pumped up about the Vader-Palpatine buddy comedy of the year.

(Though based on the last sentence I kind of doubt it.)

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  3. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I like the idea of Sith based novels, Luceno was great with Darth Plaugis, I would prefer we get to spend more time with Vader and Palpatinr and not have the story stretched out by POV characters that well never read about it see again.
    My biggest problem with the new EU is page counts, Tarkin was great but short, same with Heir to the Jedi.

4. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    Reminds me of that great rejoinder that Sidious levels at Vader in Dark Lord:

"You scatter the blame like leaves blown about by a storm."

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  6. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Im using a Samsung 10.1 tablet and I cant figure out how to read the excerpt.Anyone got any advice?

7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Go to random house webpage, and search for Lords of the Sith. The embeds on other sites don't work with mobile devices in my experience.

8. YoungBossk

YoungBossk Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2014
    "It also features a character who I’m not allowed to name just yet, but who appeared in The Clone Wars animated series."

Any idea yet if this could possibly be the infamous 'Bounty Hunters Arc'?

9. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    Thanks.

10. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    Pretty excited about this one. Especially after Heir to the Jedi leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Kemp writes great Star Wars!

11. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    What year is this set in?Im wondering because of the v-wings and Vader flying an Eta.

darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Eight years after Episode III according to the little blurb after the title page. Three years after the events in Tarkin and seven years before the events of Rebels.

13. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    You are...rather far behind.

It's Cham Syndulla.

ALSO:
    [​IMG]
    I'm used to speciesism in the Empire. It makes total sense. I expect it. But that is easily the creepiest example of it I have ever seen. It made my skin crawl. Just...yeaugh!

And that's before I start wondering whether that's foreshadowing, because:
    [​IMG]

14. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Well, I got a pet theory that Mors is gonna show up in Rebels and they have already leaked that she survives the events of the novel.

cdgodin and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    I AM CONCERNED

BigAl6ft6, cdgodin and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Kablob

You're not the only one.

Maybe Hera becomes a slave willingly so she can spy on Mors for the Ryloth Freedom Fighters?

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I am worried about a lot of things.

Speaking of Mors,
    Mors is intriguing me, because it's very obvious that Belkor is not only a very biased narrator, but also too arrogant to realize when people are playing him, as we see when he's with Cham. So I think it's clear that she's playing him, because what they said about her in the article makes it sound like she's definitely not an incompetent. I'm wondering just what her deal actually is.

...apart from the obvious Twi'lek fetish, that is.

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

That's child's play.

19. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Which is strange, since the new timeline chart places Lords of the Sith before Tarkin.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Lots of interesting stuff in those fifty pages.

Mors reminds me a bit of a hutt! She's lazy, loves luxury but she seems pretty clever and it's pretty obvious she's playing Belkor. Despite her rotten character she is immensely entertaining. I think she may actually make it out of the novel alive.

Who would have thought? Vader is a total Palpatine fanboy, full of admiration for his master. The explanations about the master-apprentice relationship are fascinating. The Sith aren't just treacherous, there is more to it. Interesting the passage that the apprentice will kill the master once he spots weakness. I hope Kieron Gillen will pick this up and expand on this idea. When and how did it happen that Vader went from admiration to disappointment? What kind of weakness did he spot?

Cham seems a pretty sympathetic character. He is a guile hero, struggling between pragmatism and idealism. It seems like he will be a worthy opponent like Teller was in the Tarkin novel.

Belkor is the one who doesn't interest me, he's a type of imperial I've seen a dozen times. But it seems like Kemp is well aware of that since Mors even comments on it.

Mmmmm Napalm and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

They probably just put it in the wrong spot.

22. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015

[face_sick] Yuck ! Well Two Lords of the Sith ,Moff Mors and a creepy Twi'lek speciesm example ...
    When does this book arrive on shelves again , anyway ?:cool:

23. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

According to Amazon, April 28th.

24. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

April 28th. I started reading a review copy on Friday, it's fun so far. I'm intrigued to learn more about Cham and his relationship with Hera.

Saga Explorer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    8 years since 'the Clone Wars ravaged the galaxy'. It's been suggested that its referring to 8 years since the beginning of The Clone Wars (Geonosis) not ROTS. That would make sense for timeline placement, even if it is strangely worded.

Darth_Pevra likes this.