main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books STAR WARS: LORDS OF THE SITH by Paul S. Kemp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah but that makes the Jedi look even worse. U should be able to research the guys backstory and find out its all fabricated not to mention him not aging at all.

2. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

Very true, I remembered TPM and the interview, but i'd forgotten he'd appeared in TCW. The final arc of the show, that business with Yoda. Good stuff. :cool: Might watch it again later, or sometime tomorrow.

I just never really had the idea that Sidious was super old or anything, even as a kid. And honestly, I hope that Essence Transfer stays gone. That's a bit of EU sorcery we can do without. Cool power, but Star Wars doesn't need it anymore.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    this is really going to be interesting. i just hope in the book, they somehow get their butts handed to them.

4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    TCW establishes Yoda as recognizing Bane and his rule of two.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

It was kind of a joke. Didn't mean to derail the thread about that!

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, Lethal Weapon. Palpatine is too old for this ****; Vader is cheerfully suicidal ever since his wife died. In the sequel, Sate Pestage will play the Joe Pesci role.

7. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    who?

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Some guy they're pulling from the rich tapestry of Legends continuity still here to draw upon blah blah blah, because guys don't you know they're totally going to recanonize everything you happen to like right away.

9. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Sith just got real.

10. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    You know, it's interesting that 3 out of 4 of these novels take place in the Dark Times. Of course it's easier to set a story there when Episode 7 is setting the stage for he post ROTJ but it kinda makes you wonder if Episode 7 will deal with some sort of secret Vader had and the consequences of what they did during the Dark Times. Fits with the theme of Star Wars as a whole. It'd just be cool if these novels kinda set that up.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You heard it here first - the new 18-rated, profanity-laced SW book that out-does the Wolf of Wall Street in F-bombs!

Yeah, could go for a cursing Pestage.

12. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

I'm assuming it's because they're waiting for the movies, so that they don't end up contradicting them in any way, keeping the new continuity as smooth as possible. It's what i'd do at least.

13. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Perhaps I'm wrong but I feel Kemp gets a wavering opinion sometimes vis a vis his competency as a writer. But I like Deceived for that it was and his work with Jaden Korr in Crosscurrent/Riptide was fairly strong. I'm very happen to see him back with the EU.

14. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    BANE?

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm of a mind that this is something that the Emperor set up to test Vader. But a book about two Sith Lords resisting the urge to murderize each other?

[​IMG]

Zorrixor, purplerain, cdgodin and 6 others like this.
  16. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Does Vader know it was Sidious behind the Separatist plot as well? Maybe he finds out here and ends up not caring much.

17. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

He already knows. The Jedi, Anakin included, always knew the Sith were behind the war. The second Palpatine revealed his identity as Sidious to Anakin everything fell into place. Or it should have, assuming Anakin took the time to really think about it, and every atrocity he'd seen committed during his time at war.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Anakin" and "thinking about it" don't exactly mix.

As far as this book...Palpatine giving Vader a lot of **** during the early days of the Empire? That's my guess.

19. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree.

Rex is one of may favorite Clone Wars characters, he deserves to be killed by Darth Vader.

And I wonder if Rex thinks that Vader killed Anakin (as Obi-Wan later tells Luke). He might be wanting to avenge his old commander.

al patrickson likes this.
  20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    You mean like an apprentice? Like one that could train his grand-son -daughter -child. Very LOTF like I said in another thread

21. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    That wasn't what I was suggesting at all. But thanks for pointing that out? Secret could be anything: weapon, species, Mortis, etc

22. The Extreme Moderate

The Extreme Moderate Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    How great would it be if Saes and Rolin pop out of hyperspace in this book? "We were totally supposed to go like 50 years or so into the future, but our flight got cancelled."

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, you know what is still canon?

Dooku being captured by pirates, that's what.

[​IMG]

Forget the Chosen One, Hondo is the one Darth Sidious really fears.

24. DarthJenari

Dec 17, 2011

What needs to be understood is that Hondo himself is simply an avatar for Lord Sidious; a shell he uses to test his second apprentice, in the same way he later tests his third. The fact Dooku never sensed as much is just one more reason he was deemed unsuitable to continue on as an apprentice in the Order of the Sith Lords. :p

Arawn_Fenn, purplerain and Zorrixor like this.
  25. LordDlow

LordDlow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I have to say all the of these new books look fantastic!! This is the one I'm most looking forward to! Any palpatine involved novel is a huge plus with me, as long as the majority of the novel follows Sidious and Vader .
    I can't ever remember a time in the past where if actually been interested in 3 concurrent books release back to back!!! This is a sign of great things to cone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 likes this.