main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games Star Wars Mafia Sign Ups

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by NotSoScruffyLooking, Jun 10, 2014.

1. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Has mafia been played on these boards before? If so, you probably don't need the rules. If not, I'd be happy to explain it. This will be a 16 player game, and will require a commitment of a few months with daily access to the boards(frequent participation)

2. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    So no one interested in mafia then?

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You want the subsection of Community that's for playing games.

4. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Count me in. I am full of all sorts of commitment.

Explain the mafia game please.

5. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    Feel free to move this to the appropriate thread.

Mafia is a game with two sides, town and mafia. The town is larger than the mafia, so it has the advantage in numbers, the mafia has fewer numbers, but they have their own message board that they can communicate in, and they know who their members are, so they have the advantage of information. Usually the town to mafia ratio is approximately 3 to 1.

The game consists of days and nights. Day is when all players converse together and try and figure out who the mafia is. Each player has a vote, and when a majority(plus one) of players have voted on a player, that player is lynched. A lynched player is no longer in the game and cannot speak in the thread. During the day, the mafia will try to get the players to lynch a town member instead of mafia member through conversation and misinformation, so that the town loses players and not the mafia.

During night, the town does not speak, and the mafia converses in their private message board. They decide on what night actions they will use, based on their own powers, one of which is to kill a town player. The only way for the town to stop this is to use one of their powers that stops a kill by targeting the killer using their night actions. Once all night actions have been declared the moderator announces the night action results, including who has been killed, and the next day begins. Day is usually 72 hours and night is 24 hours.

Each player that signs up is given a character and a game role. The character is related to the theme you are playing, so in Star Wars mafia you could be Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, or Darth Vader, for example. Your game role is your powers that you have. Before the game starts, the moderator pm's each player their character and power. It is against the rules to directly quote your pm, but you can "role claim", by stating what your role and power is, along with additional information(like your night actions) as long as it's not a direct PM quote. Two common roles are cop and doctor. The cop can investigate players and determine if they are mafia or town, but they can only do so once per game day. Doctors can protect players from being killed by the mafia or other characters. There are other roles as well, or moderators can make up their own roles.

If the town does a good job of lynching mafia members, then the town will eventually win. If the mafia does a good job of getting the town to lynch their own members(because they think they are mafia), then the mafia will win. The game ends with a town victory if all the enemy players(non-town) are killed. The mafia wins when there are more mafia than town.

6. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I am totally in!
    I would like my character to be "The 42nd Midi-chlorian" and my power to be "Invincibility".

7. Obi_Wan_01
    13. NotSoScruffyLooking
    16. Ramza

7. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    There actually is a role called "bulletproof" which means you can't be killed at night by the mafia, but you can be lynched. I would like confirmation from Ramza that he would like to play as well. Many more open spots!

8. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  9. NotSoScruffyLooking

Mar 20, 2009
    Where are the other players coming from? I don't see the posts. Also can you send PMs at this website?

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I ain't playing. :p

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    They may have blocked you.