main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Marathon Anyone???

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I propose a Star Wars marathon is in order. With the sluggish box-office, and hype starting to dye down, why not hold a marathon of the greatest space saga of all time?! Now, this can be executed one of two ways. First, everyone meets for a showing of TPM, preferably on DVD. Then, we journey over to my theatre and fire up AOTC. Then a short respite, and its off to watch 6 hours of our beloved original trilogy (widescreen Special Edition gets my vote). Or, we watch them in order of release. In a word? boring. So let me know what the plan should be. This should constitute as a first official meeting. Other such meetings could evolve, dinner and a movie (Episode II), a trip out to see it digitally at PL, or anything else you can muster up. Any takers? And If we go ahead with the marathon, I?m sorry Jayna & CloneC, you?ll just have to wait till November. It?s just around the corner

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh how sad!! I would have been totally up for that. It sounds like a great idea for a first meeting. Have a blast!!!!

3. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I think its a great idea. Too bad I can't come....you guys have a good time, and I'll see you in August!

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey guys,

No takers thus far, we might have to wait till November after all.

5. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    im up for a marathon count me in !!!

6. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    i can go for a good day of star wars, my truck is a piece of sh!+ so my life sucks now, so lets do this star wars marathon, sounds like some fun...

7. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    O my gosh that sounds wonderful!
    I don't care waiting, because the only thing that ever slows down my SW plans is my mum. She gets a strange look whenever I mention SW (unfortunately, she hates it with a passion :( ).

8. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    How anyone can hate Star Wars is absolutely beyond me. That's so sad!

9. DarthDion

Apr 9, 2002
    i think starwars brings ppl togther i mean look at all of us lol !!!

10. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    So has a date been set yet?
    What are you guys waiting for?

Sorry I can't join you, but I'll see you soon.

11. DarthDion

Apr 9, 2002
    Hey everyone well im ready to have a meeting what about you all. I mean i could wait untill everbody gets back but lets say we did go and have a meeting in like july or somthing or at the end of this month where would we go and do and who would come we should start thinking about these things. WE should all post what we like to do and places we like to go and stuff. it would be cool if we all went to a park and cooked some bbq or somthing like that. any ideas

Dion

12. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I think the first thing that we can do to try and formulate a plan is post everyones schedule. If you have a set schedule due to work/school post it. If you have a flexable one let me know still, so that we get all the facts.

Myself, I have a SET schedule... here goes.

Mon - OFF
    Tue - OFF
    Wed - Working 10am - 12am
    Thurs - Working 10am - 2am
    Fri - Working 4pm - 12am
    Sat - Working 10am - 11pm
    Sun - Working 6pm - CL

basically I can get together on Sundays for Bar-B-Q's and such, I would have to jet around 5 to make it to work, but it doesn't mean the fun would have to stop there.

I was going to go through with the Star Wars Marathon tomorrow. Anyone interested let me know. horsedreamerfilms@hotmail.com

13. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I work tomorrow so I wont be able to do much unless its before 4. i dont know if Dion works or not tomorrow.

14. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Hey, that sounds like fun! I only wish I was home in Daytona right now...I'm in my other home of Melbourne and I don't know when I'll make it up there again. :(

15. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    The sound on the print for Episode II at my theatre is messed up now!!!!! And some dumb idiot projectionist newbiw upstairs scratched the print. I say that the marathon is off until the DVD comes out or otherwise a __________ ___________ is found.

16. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    Forja, does this mean that PO6 isn't going to have Ep. II anymore?

17. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    It depends on if we lose Sum Of All Fears to get Mr. Deeds, or if they want us to get rid of Star Wars. Even though the print is damaged, I think they will still want us to keep it another week. That would put the total at 8 weeks, and we would just fall 4 weeks shy of fufilling or original contract of 12. I want to see it Digitally once more... any takers?

18. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I can go for seein Ep. II in digital once more, count me in! let me know when you want to go.

19. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Mort see if you and Dion can get next Monday off? Its the only day that I have off next week cause of the 4th of July. If anyone else is interested in going email, or PM me and let me know.

Okay... this guy's wise.

20. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I was over at Dion's house earlier and I told him about going monday to see it again in Orlando, but said he didn't care to see it again. I just think he was in a mood cause of the mower, but we'll talk to him on this matter.

21. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I feel that his lack of faith is disturbing.

22. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    I have heard that EP2 is supposed to be in an IMAX format this labor day. Which happens to be right when Jayna and I come back. Anyone know of any IMAx locations near us that we could meet at and have a meeting. I think it is far enough in advance that maybe we could all clear our schedules and have some fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.