main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Marathon

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Welshguy, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

Though he left out the part about the strippers.

2. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Strippers?????

*starts to read Welshguy's report with renewed interested*

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I just don't think you pole dancing with a half naked Yoda doll was a mental image worth torturing everyone with. :p

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
  5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Welshguy - you are awesome! I can now tell why the sheep flock to you....and not me...O:)

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    TKFourTwoOne: [face_mischief] I knew you would fall for it. :)

EdgeJudi88: Thanks dude. But sheep fancying is a god given gift, it's not something you can learn.

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    welshy, did you notice that in ROTJ, when boba fett knods to boushh, the rangefinder on his helmet was on the wrong side of his head? anyone else spot this? did they screw his helmet up for one scene or was the image reversed? someone tell me i`m not going mad!! 8-}

8. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003

eek [face_sick]

9. Baza

Baza Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
    That kind of thing would have annoyed me all day so I just whipped out my DVD and found out that you're right. They must have reversed the image.

Or Fett's regular helmet was in the wash so he wore his opposite one.

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Is it just me, or could anyone else visualise that game of rock, paper, scissors?

Superb report!!!

11. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    [face_phew] it wasn`t just me then!

12. Flat_Steve

Flat_Steve Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2005
    I was there when they were doing that, was wondering what that was all about!!

Just a quick intro I'm Steve, Welshguy's brother. Just briefly popping in to see what he'd written about me (suprisingly restrained for you Wayne!)

Yeah the fish was lovely, still can't believe my bro and Ryan sat through 14 hours or so of Star Wars but I guess it's something they'll never forget doing. They did look very, very shellshocked at the end at 4am though, like they didn't know what to do next lol!!

13. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    BRAVO my fellow welshperson!! that is truely an awesome event and i was rooting for you in rock paper scissors...now if only Anakin and Obiwan had gone that route....

14. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    =D= Quality! Absolute quality! I looked at all that writing and thought, man I have to read all that, but it was great! It should be published for all SW fans to read. Well done mate, you have lived the dream! [face_peace]

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    welsh guy RULES!

16. Flat_Steve

Flat_Steve Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2005
    Flat_Steve: What you doing here? I was going to send you a link, but I was waiting to see if my fellow posters thought it was any good first. [face_mischief]

And as for being restrained, I have to be. There's plenty of more stuff I could have written, but it would have been against the rules of posting. One example of this was during the game of paper, scissors, stone, where Ryan actually lost a hand!

You may wonder how someone can lose a hand playing paper, scissors, stone, but when I go on the scissors attack, I really go on the scissors attack. :)

Now get back to work and sort your computer out. It keeps crashing and kicking me off the lan.

LordWiz: I didn't notice that, but now that you have said i'm going to go and have to go back and check it out.

Halibut: Thanks dude. Though it may not be safe for a poster with a fishy name with my brother in attendance! You have been warned. Don't come crying to me when he cuts you open and takes out your liver.

JonJedi and Orn-free-Tada: Thanks guys. Maybe that guy who's publishing a book about Star Wars fans over on the London forum will want to publish it. [face_thinking]

Sakara: Thanks! I think there might be a fan film in there somewhere. [face_thinking]

Since i've watched all these movies together, I find myseld quoting SW in just about every conversation. I was playing a racing game today and overcooked it on one corner, but just made it round. My friend said I was lucky...

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

Be warned. It will change you!

EDIT: Bugger! Just realised that i'm on my brothers computer and i've just posted under his name!
    I don't know if you can change it to Welshguy Jairen?

17. Flat_Steve

Flat_Steve Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2005
    Dude you're posting under my username on my home pc, you need to log out! ;-)

And yes people with piscine handles should watch out... I was born in March you see (pisces)

I knew this site from when you've left the page open on my pc, I've only been here twice before though. great site! You need to goto the site I frequent, www.pistonheads.com - great car site, the 'pie and piston' subforum is a fantastic freeform virtual pub with an eclectic and slightly car-biased thread.

18. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    SW Marathons are fun...

19. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002
    Sakara- when ya want me over ta Wales for some slap and tickle? [face_thinking]

20. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You can't beat me, Steve. For you see, haven't you noticed the connection? The bond between us?

You see, you....are flat. And I, well I am flat also.

I think this aversion to fish stems from a childhood incident which you have tried so hard to forget. Steve, tell me what happened when you visited that aquarium back when you were young. Did Wayne drop you in the flatfish tank? It's left you scarred, hasn't it. But you're strong, Steve. You can beat it. Don't give in to hate

21. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Slap and possibly punch in the face perhaps...:rolleyes:

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Halibut: Stop doing your Habbibal the Cannibal impression on my brother!

We'll have no "Silence of the Trout" jokes here.

And yes, I did do subject my brother to some rondom acts of violence when we were younger, but he had it coming. He just to dangle me over his shoulders and fling me around the room to the sound of The Batdance by Prince. I still can't hear a Prince song without curling up into a ball and crying.

Sakara: Is someone bothering you? [face_shame_on_you] You should get Halibut to eat their liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti. *fttt fttt fttt* [face_skull]

23. Flat_Steve

Flat_Steve Jedi Master

Oct 14, 2005
    I have no real aversion to fish in real life, my user name is a throwback to Flat Eric (the puppet in the Levi's ads) which is probably even more sad. :D

24. TK_Four_Two_One

Jun 17, 2002

:eek: Violence! Stick to yer sheep then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.