main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (Marvel) #6: Skywalker Strikes, part 6 (of 6)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mattman8907, May 28, 2015.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think so, mostly- most people seem to agree with most of what I've been saying but simply misunderstood the context of what I was trying to illustrate, which resulting in comments of disagreement that actually reiterated much of what I was saying in the first place...

Add to that some people citing TCW as evidence that Boba had always been portrayed as a maniac or a professional while others cite TCW as evidence Boba has changed since he was younger and I'm not sure anybody knows what they agree with, LOL.

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Wonder if this series will be the one to lift the helmet off Boba's head and see his face? We know he looks like his father but surely there'll be differences? Does he have scars? Is he bald? Does he have long hair? Does he even have a nose? These are questions I NEED answering:p

cwustudent likes this.
  3. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Is he even Boba fett or cad Bane dressed as Boba, so none of Boba's EU will work because Cad Bane is Duros and contradicts the EU? Do we have two Boba's in chalmuns cantina to compare this Boba too?

quinlan solo and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I hope that this happens somewhere in the OT era material of the new canon. And then when he takes off his helmet and his face looks like Jango Fett we can finally put all the "OT Boba Fett is not the clone Fett but an imposter who had killed the clone" to a rest.

BigAl6ft6, cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Because having Temuera Morrison re-record Fett's lines from ESB for the present canonical DVD/Bluray/Digital release still isn't enough for some people.

Jedi Daniel and Darth_Voider like this.
  6. Sith_Sword

Sith_Sword Jedi Master

Sep 23, 2004
    In the new canon, do we know if Boba survives the Sarlacc pit like he did in the old EU.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    His survival has not been established in the NU yet. The recent visual guide did manage to avoid specifically saying he died in the sarlaac in his actual entry- however, the book's index does list that page under "death".

Well, if you're referring to the more casual performance Tem gave vs the more intimidating original voice, then, yes, it isn't enough... ;)

Darth_Foo and Darth_Pevra like this.
  8. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I can't stand Boba's new lines in the DVD versions. Even if he is Jango's clone, I just think it was unnecessary. The original voice actor was so badass. Same for the guy that played him in the Holiday Special.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I understand why they did it, it just didn't feel necessary (Boba lived a different life, some rougher encounters could easily account for the Griffey voice, etc).

But since it happened, I just wish they had gone for a less conversational delivery.Tem's post-Order 66 clones in ROTS had the right inflection, IMO.

10. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Thing is, Tem could have done a much better job than he did. He's actually a rather versatile voice actor when it comes down to it, he did great work with Jango in Bounty Hunter and Boss in Republic Commando. But the lines in the ESB SE reek of being the only take. If it's like the new Vader lines, he might have even recorded them over a phone. There's no chance to get into character, and without multiple takes the inflections are all wrong. I'm past minding that Tem did it, I'm more angry at how lackluster the results are.

Boba has never had a consistent characterization. He's been a cold, emotionless hunter, a man only in it for the credits, a psychopath, a renegade even other bounty hunters fear, etc. AotC made it worse, certainly, but it was hardly the first time his character was inconsistent. Lest we forget, a whole book worth of him was retconned to be his daughter because of how out of character he was. There doesn't seem to be anything majorly wrong with Boba in this book (at least from the snippets I've seen not having read it) aside from his third-person presentation of himself. Which does make him come off a bit like a poser, but that's a development for one of the anthology films to decide, I'm sure.

Revanfan1, Cynda and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Put Captain Solo in the Cargo hold is the only line by TM that I really like. Though the original version is still that bit better imo.

Sturm Antilles likes this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I still hear the old voice in my head no matter what. Thank goodness for a childhood with VHS tapes.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    On a recent ForceCast episode they were talking about how the original voice acting by Jason Wingreen was much better than the re-recorded lines by Temura. I've honestly never paid attention enough to notice, but I'll have to rewatch the films soon and compare to the original :p

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The one that stood out to me out of the original takes was "He's worth a lot to meeeeeeeeeeeee." Tem's take is much more succinct and that much less awesomely cheesy.

I for one can see the Boba of TCW growing up to be closer to Skywalker Strikes/Robot Chicken's portrayal of the character than older reserved/menacing portrayals. In the vein of masked men who witnessed the death of their parent(s), closer to "I'm the goddamn Batman!" than "I'm not wearing hockey pads!".

15. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

He did.

It is quite literally phoned in.

16. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    I don't care what lucasfilm does. Fetts original voice is far superior to morrisons.

17. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Am I alone in hoping that Boba never takes off the mask? It's a part of his character, it distinguishes him from his father.

18. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    My head-canon is that Boba actually speaks to himself all the time and makes horrible puns (see Shadows of the Empire, "That's what I call disarmed!"). We just don't hear or read it because he usually has muted the microphone.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

does he contradict the EU

Thats the real question right there.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    I've only ever known Tem as Boba's voice, so there wasn't another voice as far as I care. Same with Monkey Lady Palapatine and Hayden Ghost

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    Just finished Star Wars #6. I had to play catch up on all the comics. I loved the introduction to Han's wife. Cuz really Han is like 30 in a new hope. He had to have had some drunk night and got married to a bounty hunter/smuggler friend at some point lol. Gives Han a interesting background. So far I like this comic more than DV. But it's close. I don't like Leia, Kanan is okay, Lando I haven't tried yet. Can't wait for Star Wars #7!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    Yeah, I've heard speculation that they got married in Space Vegas. You're actually one of the few people that refer to Kanan as "okay." a lot of people think it's the best (Which, considering it's closest to the prequel era, it probably is, I'm waiting for trades to read everything)

23. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm just not that interested in his character, so I probably haven't gave it a fair chance.