main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Mego-style figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by DantheJedi, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    C'mon, why hasn't Hasbro or somebody else made them already? It they got made, I'd so consider getting a Darth Vader and a Boba Fett, especially if they were decently priced.

Don't tell me, after watching the Robot Chicken specials, they wouldn't be a good idea.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I've seen a few of those "What if" Mego-style figures ("Ghostbusters", "Venture Bros." et al) over the last few years and as someone who grew up in the Mego era, I love them. I think a mego-style "Star Wars" line would be awesome and collectors would eat them up.

Fun fact (Unless you were a Mego shareholder)!: Mego was actually offered the "Star Wars" license before Kenner and turned it down (Ouch!). They spent the rest of the 70s and very early 80s chasing every TV and movie property they could trying to find the "next big thing" and in the process bankrupted the company.

3. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I even heard they literally shoved the guy offering the Star Wars license out of their offices, because no one was that interested in it at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.