main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Merchandise Reviews and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I notice that there isn't any toys or comics reviewing among the topics. I know there're plenty of Star Wars colelctors here, so if u do have got good stuff to recommend let everyone knows.

For a start, do u think it will be a great idea for hasbro to make vehicles as well into the size of basic figurines(3 3/4 inch)? Some sort of micromachines but packaged onto the new SAGA card. By doing so, basic figurines collectors do get to collect vehicles as well.

2. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Okay I used to have a review site on my website but just no time to update it anymore, anyway.

Star Wars: Empire #1 went on sale last week. I quite liked it except that I think they introduced too many baddies on the Empire side and it was kinda hard to keep track of who's who.. besides that, nice Vader story with Anakin flashbacks.

Also on sale last week, Jango Fett: Open Seasons #4 (of 4)
    this showed the whole deal between Jango and Dooku as only hinted at in AOTC. Shows how Jango was chosen as the perfect clone, as well as his offer and his past. Good story if read all the way from #1

3. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Yeah, keep your reviews coming in.

I was going to get these 2 TPBs. Must wait until December earliest.

Hey JediDart, do u know where I can get the Heir of the Empire Series?

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I really missed the Micromachines little Vehicles they released for the Original Trilogy. :( It can double up as decoratives for Birthday Cakes too. ;)

Ya, it'll be great if they release the Vehicles in smaller sizes, best around the Micromachines ones. If I'm not mistaken, the ones out for TPM were bigger in size.

5. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    I'm not sure about that because I don't really know about that either..

I don't think Kino has it.. if you wanna try for TPB, Comics Mart at Serene Centre is the best bet..

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    All the outlets doesn't have this series either. They do have Part 2 and 3, but all don't have w/o Heir to the Empire.

7. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Where can I get Empire #1??

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Have you try Comic Asylum at Lucky Plaza? (the Orchard MRT Outlet was alway closed when I drop by).

9. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I waS there last Friday, didn't really notice if there's any Empire #1. I was searching for TPBs. Still can't beat Kino Price.

Recently, the TPBs in Kino are properly wrapped are in good condition.

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    New 12 inch Padme. Looks awful

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=502

11. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    Is comics asylum even open anymore??!?!
    In the times I've gone to it I've not seen it open! Even when I'm on a bus just passing by the lights are always off..

As for Star Wars: Empire #1, I know for sure Alarics which has moved to Cineleisure has a copy and their rate is only 1.65, cheapest anywhere at the moment, guarantee you.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    What got into the Hasbro's 12" Sculptors? :mad: My Barbie from the early 90s look a lot more healthy.

I thought the body & head size from the TPM Female Dolls are already great so why change?

13. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    JediDart : Really? Coz comics collectors at the other forum told me to avoid Alarics no matter what. And recommend G&B at Bras Basah.

DE : The coolest 12 inch figurine in the new SAGA line so far gotta be Count Dooku, Jango Fett and the clonetroopers. First one is Zam Wesell now Padme. Wonder if they really knows how to make 12 inch female.

14. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    yes, honestly, everything else is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced.
    however, i met the owner today and she (i didn't know it's a her) said the 1.65 rate is there to stay ...
    which means it's cheaper than the 1.7 rate for members at G&B and 1.8 for non members...

or 1.7 at asylum

or 1.85 at comics mart

also
    their tpbs are at something at like 1.5 ...

BUT
    don't even think of touching the stuff like toys because even stuff like the Endor soldier or Jar Jar goes at extravagant prices like $25.90
    crazy =)

I'm not sure how long they're going to survive the 1.65, I'm personally not convinced that it's worth changing shop for, but for a single issue like Empire, I would recommend just going there to pick it up, since it's in a quite convenient location...

15. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Which place is selling at a rate 1.65? I may consider this place when Jango TPB is released in Dec.

16. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Really, I didn't know Alaric's had so low rates. The shop I patronise has 1.8 rates. If the 1.5 rate for TPB is true, then that's a good place to buy. Btw, I haven't been to their new premises, so anybody can tell me how is it? :)

17. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Me too, too lazy to walk there.

18. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Me three!
    Too busy to go anywhere or do anything right now... got no time - argh!!!

19. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Cool, I wil, have some time after tomorrow last paper! Yeah, then I will be taking a short break, before going full gear at the start of October.

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Figures Review
    Jango Fett Pilot: The head sculpt is detailed and really look like the actor who played Jango. I don't open figures so I don't know if there are plenty of Articulation.
    Minus: No helmet????????????? How can it be? If not this figure can be said to be the best Jango yet.

Clone trooper Pilot:
    This is the pilot version, so the uniform a bit diff from the Clonetrooper in the first waves. Nothing much to say, since it is similar to the clonetrooper earlier.
    Plus: Can fit into the Republican Gun ship. Yeah, great for those who collects vehicles and waiting for troops to join in.

21. JediDarT

May 28, 2002
    The shop is slightly nicer and alot less cramped than the Heeren shop
    However, comics is only a small section, the rest is mainly overpriced merchandise..

Worth just going for a look, and the 1.5 TPBS are a steal
    I'm going back to buy the Hunt for Aurra Sing tpb, don't anyone else buy it! =)

22. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I should be getting the Jango Fett TPB soon as I got the Zam one. Must learn the "ways to act" like Zam Wesell. ;)

23. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow next time I'll just buy my Trades at Alarics, but not for individual comics since I don't go to orchard every week. I'm pretty glad they at least increased their shop space. That old shop was so cramp! :)

24. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    3rd floor... Hmm... issit beside Sembawang Music???

25. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hasbro: Industrial Automaton R2D2 is released in S'pore already???

It looked like a great toy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.