main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Merchandise Reviews and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Gentle Giant Boba Fett Bust

Boba follows busts of Darth Vader and Yoda expected to ship this December.

Yeah, I'm gotta get them man.

2. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I went down to Alarics yesterday.

Yep, their SW TPBs are one of the cheapest in town. But the merchandise is still selling at cut throat price.

R2D2 $24.90
    Geonosian Warrior $24.90
    etc...

Luckily their 12 inches are selling at retail.

3. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I read from somewhere that says Hasbro purposely make bobble head for female 12 inch.

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    But why did they decide to do that only for the 12" female figures??
    I mean the male figures look really good, if you ask me, but the female figures... *sigh* they are another story altogether.
    I would have loved to get the Padme one, but then... let's put it this way, why oh why couldn't they have made those female figures to look more normal, more like the 12" The Matrix/Trinity doll.
    Trinity looks warrior-like, but Zam and Padme make even Barbie look more warrior-like than they are - yipes!! :(

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    The should had reused the mould and design from the Padme Naberries and TPM Battle Outfit cause those look great.

Anyhow, someover over at the Costuming side had pointed out why we don't see the TPM Padme Naberries Tatooine or TPM Battle Outfit (with QGJ) goes on sale regulary like the other Queen Amidala/Sabe dolls including the Collectors' Edition ones; girls just prefer to play with real looking girls than clowns! :p Ya, I'm still looking for the Padme Naberries 12" doll on sale. :(

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    girls just prefer to play with real looking girls than clowns!

I wonder to what extent that stereotype is true. :p (I played with Power Rangers and pulled the arms and legs off my Barbies. :D)

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, my Barbie and Transformer used to play wrestling together! :p

The point is just that the 2 "normal-looking" dolls are better selling than the Queen Amidala dolls cause it look more "natural". That's the reasoning too why these 2 are so much harder to find now compared to the Queen Amidala ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.