main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Star Wars Merchandise

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LetoQuorme, Mar 16, 2007.

1. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    A safer title than Action Figure Watch? Who knows. But we're once again going to try and have a dedicated thread, and hopefully this one (6th incarnation? 7th? 8th? I don't remember) won't be plagued by issues.

With that said, I've picked up a lot over the past week+ that I haven't been able to post about. Until now, that is...

Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter
    Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper
    Galactic Heroes Obi-Wan Kenobi & Durge
    Darth Vader w/ Coin Folder
    TAC wave 1: Galactic Marine, Mustafar Lava Miner, R2-D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Airborne Trooper, Super Battle Droid & McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper

2. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Great score! Looking forward to those TAC troops.

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Nice finds. I don't really collect the figures anymore. Just realized that it was starting to get too expensive for me. So now I'll only get something when it's really a must-get for me.

For example, I just picked up the Stormtrooper iPod Nano cover from the StarWars Shop. And am looking forward to the postage stamps. I got some neat stuff for my birthday, back in January, too.

4. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    Speaking of postage stamps. I'll start a new thread for that. Got some info!

5. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Picked up all 6 of the Order 66 two-packs at Target this morning.

6. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    The Wal-Mart on Coors and Ellison had 4 cases of the Treachery on Saleucami battlepack on a pallet this morning waiting to be stocked. I asked the woman stocking toys to open one up for me, and scored one of the battlepacks. So as of when I left (about 9:10am), they had 15 battlepacks remaining.

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Whaddya think of the Order 66 2-pks, Brian?

8. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    I haven't opened any of them up yet, so any thoughts I have on them right now are in-package. Basically, anyone who's picking these up is doing it just for the clones, as I'm sure everyone's already got the crappy Jedi or Sith pack-ins (except for Vader, he's not crappy). So as far as the clones go: Commander Thire: wish I could find one that has the hash marks on his helmet's forehead going in a straight line instead of skewed. Perhaps once they become more widely available. Commander Bow: pretty neat, except technically the Commander Appo they released is actually Bow, and this guy more closely resembles Vill. But who cares about names when you've got them all opened up? Kashyyyk Trooper: really weird and wild camo job on this guy. Probably the worst deal out of the 6, as the Yoda he comes with is also probably the worst Yoda ever made. But how can I buy only 5/6 sets? Galactic Marine: personally, I don't mind that Mace has his own squad of purple-decoed clones. I know some people are anti-purple, but this guy looks cool. Plus, the purple is actually more of an accent color, as he's mostly white. Should look good next to the clones from the Mace Windu Squadron battlepack. Airborne Trooper: my personal preference is that this guy should have been painted up to match the Clone Sharpshooter from Battlefront II. That way, we still get a 501st Airborne, but he also follows EU continuity from another source as well. But alas, it was not meant to be. Other than that, not much to say about this guy. If you like the purple and orange ones, you'll probably like this one as well. AT-RT Driver: apparantly Hasbro didn't learn from the Titanium 501st Clonetrooper fiasco. White dots over orange paint do not battle damage make. It just looks like the clone was eating an ice cream sandwich and dripped it all over his armor. You'd better believe if they make a running change to this guy to get rid of those ugly white dots, I'm exchanging this one for it in a heartbeat.

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Wait a minute. The treachery on saleucami is the speeder bike pack, right? ARGH! MUST GET ONE!

10. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes, the Treachery battlepack is the one with Commander Neyo and one of his troopers on the BARC speeders. A great compliment if you've already got Stass Allie on her speeder (even if her speeder is technically the wrong make).

11. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Word up G's? Not much of action figures to tell you about, but I did score a deck of SW playing cards at my local Walgreens the other day. Every card has a different SW poster pictured on each card-no duplicate. Theres even 3 jokers in the deck. It retails for $2.99.

Oh yeah, I managed to pick up that 30th ann. Vader figure/coin album ($9.96) at the Coors/I-40 Walmart the other day as well. I opened mine up. Theres a check list for the first 30 figures. My question is...how are the gold coins going to be obtained?

12. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Hasbro's doing the UGH promotion again this year, but instead of chrome-plated stands, we're getting gold coins. Here's the unofficial list of figures that will be shipping with UGH variations. Keep in mind that this list has not been verified, so it could definitely change.
    #02 - Galactic Marine
    #04 - R2-D2
    #06 - Mace Windu
    #07 - Airborne Trooper
    #09 - Stormtrooper - McQuarrie Concept
    #11 - Han Solo - Millennium Falcon Gunner
    #12 - Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony
    #14 - Biggs Darklighter - Rebel Pilot
    #15 - Boba Fett - McQuarrie Concept
    #16 - Darth Vader - ANH w/ Obi's Cloak
    #21 - Chewbacca - McQuarrie Concept
    #24 - Boba Fett - Holiday Special

As far as I know, convention exclusive coins will also be gold. A Toy Fair exclusive coin was given away at that event back in February, but will also be part of the VTAC UGH coin mail away, so that's how you'll be able to get that one.

13. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Dominic and I scored the 66 packs saturday night. He got Mace, Yoda, and Vader. I got Mace and Palpy.

14. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    What are your thoughts on them Aaron? Have you opened them up yet? With my move coming up next month, I've been kinda reluctant to open up much, so mine are still in their tubes. Also, with Hasbro's recent admission that if these do well they may consider doing another wave, what else would you guys like to see in these two-packs?

15. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Picked up the Death Star Trooper at Target this afternoon. They had Yavin Luke and Gunner Han as well, but I didn't like the paint apps on either of them, so they got left behind.

16. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    What does the Death Star Trooper look like? Haven't heard of that one!

If anybody doesn't want or has duplicates of their coins from the 30th anniversary collection let me know and I will buy them from you. I'm trying to collect just the coins.

17. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    Here ya go, James:

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC13DSTcardfr.jpg]

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TAC13DSTFR.jpg]

18. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/BF2clones-tn.jpg]
    Battlefront II Clone Army multipack

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/BF2droids-tn.jpg]
    Battlefront II Droid Army multipack

'Bout damn time. Game's only been out for a year and half. Can't wait to see the Rebel and Imperial sets!

19. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Oh now I remember. I forgot about them. Thanks Brian!!!

I'll save up some cash and send it with whoever has room to get me some of these exclusives!!

20. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    The Shock Trooper is my favorite. The Palpy is less than stellar, especially with the crappy Evolutions Palpy robe. Mace is the same as the regular carded figure and battle pack, craptacular! The Marine is excellent. Those were the ones I got. Fox is cool and he comes with a decent Vader figure. Probably the best deal if you don't have about a million Vaders yet. The Yoda/Kashyyk pack has to be the worst. The Yoda is the spinning attack one and the Clone is a #41 super articulated clone with camo deco. *yawn* But hey, Dominic likes it. They're for kids right?

21. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    What? Kids? Really? Well, all right. :p

I picked up the Rebel Honor Guard and Gunner Han this morning at Target. Very interesting how I can walk into Target at 8am and only find case remnants on the pegs. One of the Hot Wheels guys was telling me he overheard a Target employee the other day bragging about how he had pulled all of the McBobas from the cases before they even hit the floor. Oh well, at least I'm halfway done with the wave.

22. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Yep kind of sucks but thats they way the cookie crumbles...................

23. LetoQuorme

Nov 11, 2001
    The Target in RR had out one case of wave 2 revision 1 this morning, which contains 1x of each of the figures from wave 1, as well as Gunner Han, Yavin Luke, the Death Star Trooper and McQuarrie Boba Fett. I picked up the Fett and Luke, and left the others. The scanner shows they have at least one more case in the back, so if you're so inclined, maybe you could get them to pull it for you. I also picked up the Ponda Baba & Snaggletooth Galactic Heroes set. The Galactic Heroes and mini Unleashed pegs were full of the latest waves as well, so it seems like Target's the place to be this morning.

24. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Found a lone V-Wing Fighter this morning. No sign of the Sith Infiltrator yet.

25. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I have seen the inflitrator can't remember where though