Lg.Is, NY Star Wars Midnight Madness - Thank You

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MerlynNY, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlynNY Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Folks,

It's been an exausting day recovering from last nights event, but I figured I'd chime in and let you all know what happened.

Last night members from all walks of 501st Fandom came together and gave their unified support to Toys R Us Times Square for their Midnight Maddness release of the EPIII Toyline.

There were members from the Northeast Remnant, New England Garrison, Empire City Garrison, Garrison Carida, Mos Eisley Port Authory (Fanforce), the New Jersey Order (Fanforce) Docking Bay 516 (Fanfoce), Echo Base (Rebel Legion), and even a few members from the Jedi Assembly, bringing us to a total of about 50 costumers on hand for the event!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there's NO place better to troop than Times Square New York! Last night was no exception.
    Everyone was in costume at 8:30 and we hit the streets shortly thereafter to get the crowds who have been waiting on line all day, excited. The crowd loved the swarms of troopers, Biker scouts,
    clonetroopers, Tusken, and Rebels which fanned out into the crowd.

While out in the crowd, we were quickly scooped up by some different folks such as MTV, WPLJ, ESPN, and a host of others. Defintiely a Fandom media blitz!

As Midnight approached we went back into the TRU Building where we were set up for some video shots and to get ready to recive the crowds who, this this point, were waiting in the rain (hardcore fans
    baby! LOL).

Due to the rain, TRU opened it's doors a little early and the fans poured in. While on line they had a great time posing with and taking pics of their favorite SW characters. The Imperials were on one side of the bridge/walkway into the store, and the Rebels were on
    the opposite side.

All in all, this event could not have gone off any better than it did. Everyone who atteneded put their best foot forward, and in my opinion, this was one of the best events I've ever had the pleasure
    of coordinating. How often do you see so many groups in SW fandom come together for one event?

I'd like to thank everyone who came out for this. Getting together 50 folks for any event is a hard thing, but due to the great folks in
    and around this area it was not a problem. Special thanks to the NEG guys who once again gathered their possie and drove down to be a part of this event. These guys were the first in armor, and the last ones
    out! I'm honored to have the pleasure of working with them again, and there will always be an open invite to you guys to troop with us,
    anytime, anywhere!

I'd also like to thank the folks in FanForce and Rebel Legion who joined with us to bring all sides of Star Wars to this event. The crowd enjoyed having both sides, and it was well worth having you all
    there. Thank you.

For me, this was one of the best events I've done. This is truly an example of what can be achieved when SW Fandom is united and putting their all into an event. I hope everyone had a good time! Hopefully
    we can all do it agian soon! It was Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

Pics will be up soon.

2. ark3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, Dion, that was an excellent event. I think I speak for all the DB 516 members who attended when I say that we had a great time. Thanks again for all your hard work, and that of everyone else who helped to make this happen. We look forward to your next big event. :)
  3. GotMauled Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hay.
    I heard an accout of the event from a member of the Broken Compas garison and he gave the same desctiption of it being a well managed and handeld event. I wish i could have made it my self.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.