main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures Is Here!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    I picked up a copy of SWM yesterday at Past, Present, Future in Lauderhill yesterday. One word: Awesome!! We will be doing this regularly! We'll still be doing rpg but the problem in the past has been generating characters-which takes a long time (sometimes three hours per if done right -with leveling up to our campaign level. It is also difficult to get 15 people together for a gaming "event" at once! Something always comes up. Besides, I have to do some rewrites of some principal characters because I fear some players have left the group. This new game is very "Star Wars", though. In fact, Gerran(a new member)and I have cracked the SWM stat code! This means we can game miniatures that are not even officially released yet! Where do you get the miniatures if they're not released yet?,you may ask...Well, KB Toys was having a liquidation sale MBEpic Battles boardgames and I snatched a couple for 4 bucks a pop! It has miniatures that are pretty close in scale (enough for gaming) and the set includes characters we're not going to see until at least November!
    PPF has literally opened their store to us for gaming for practically whenever we want! I'm so excited, I'm putting together a little last-minute session this afternoon at PPF!
    Their contact ifo is as follows: 954-742-0777. I don't have their address on me but anybody can contact Stacey113 for address info. They're just south of Commercial Blvd. on the east side of University Drive, across from Miami Subs. Oh!...By the way!......
    Miami Subs will let us have the back room to uorselves for a meeting for $25...another $25 we can have a party platter catered!Sounds like we'll start having our meetings there...and then walk across the street to game as our club function format!It only comes to $5-$6 per person folks....and this is supposed to be what our dues are supposed to run anyway-and for this purpose!
    Anyway, it looks like the club structure remains the same for the the moment, but I will be making some cabinet changes pending the ratification of our new by-laws-and already I'm excited about the 2004-2005 season!

-Axton Tredway, Acting President

2. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Sounds like a lot of fun, Axe! Count me in. I am going to PPF sometime this week to pick up my miniatures. I can't wait until you teach me how to play.

3. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    Okay, this hobby is addictive. I am having so much fun playing and collecting miniatures. I have been at PPF twice in 6 days having a blast with my fellow Fandommenacers. We have so many new members now, getting to know them and playing with them is great!

4. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    FYI miniature players! The new expansion set for the minis will be released the first week of December.

5. stacey113

Jul 8, 2001
    The Fandom Menace went to Past Present and Future yesterday to play Minis and we had a blast as usual. This game is so cool because any one could win any game. It all depends on the rolls of your dice. I love playing this game. Please join us the next time. I will post details as I get them.

6. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Playtested "A Call To Arms" by Mongoose Publishing yesterday. It looks like a good fleet combat system to adapt to StarWars! Use it for fleet engagements-then use Star Wars miniatures for boarding actions! :)

-Axe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.