main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah. Well I'm just happy that my 'unconfirmed rumor' got posted on the front page of TF.N!

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It was a good bit of news :) Especially since it was something other than the update that I could talk about. Thanks for the heads up on that one :D

3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I just saw the Minis add from the newest KOTOR comic. Looks great! :D
    http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/smt_pictures/KOTORminiad.jpg

4. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    That comic is also going to be on the back of the KotOR set poster (they didn't do another map like LOTF).

5. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/KOTORminispreview5

Have Wizards dropped the ball again when it comes to continuity? The Jedi Exile was never joined by Brianna, she was joined by the Jedi Disciple instead as canonically, the Exile is female.

6. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Not necessarily. I think the Echani handmaiden is just a representation of a generic echani (that for some reason is not all about unarmed combat, but ranged weapons). She's not a unique, so they can get away with anything in terms of continuity.

7. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    No I know that, I mean they describe Brianna as being one of the Jedi Exile's followers. This isn't established in continuity as far as I am aware. Wizards, by saying that, actually make it so unless said specifically 'in the non-canonical version of events as a male Jedi Exile...' etc.

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Oh. Oops. I usually don't read that first paragraph, so i didn't notice that before. But I doubt they really thought about what they were writing as much as we are. The thing about the KotOR games is that the entire game is built around the premise that your actions and alignment will change the fate of the galaxy. Unfortunately, there's no way to make it work out canonically. So while only one path in the games ends up being canonically correct, the other paths still end up generally the same, and I think they should still be considered alternate versions that are still canon. But I know where you are coming from.

9. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    That's really messing up the canon. [face_thinking] Even though I think that Brianna's story is quite intriguing, and it would be interesting if she was an 'official' member of the TSL party, Exile is female by canon and she never joins them...
    It's strange that Wizards would be allowed to make such changes, especially if KOTOR canons are so controversial.
    But then again, the Minis games say that anything's possible, so... :p

Will there be a KOTOR poster? :confused: :)

10. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Yeah, some guy got it like 3 weeks ago. Hereis a very bad scan of it on another board.

11. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Good news. :) One has to be registered to view it, but never mind. I'll try and find it on some other forums.

12. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    The poster is great! :D

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There's always a poster. Haven't seen any in person though. Need to bug my gaming store soon about that :p

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, he looks like fun :)

16. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Looks as if he's doing some weird sort of disco dance. :p

17. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    He does, lol.

I'm no JarJar fan, but it would be cool getting him, since I don't have any Gungan minis so far.
    Actually, were there any in other Minis packs? [face_thinking]

18. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I think there's a Gungan on Kaadu mini, but don't quote me on that...

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    There is and a Gungan Infantry.

20. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    I overheard someone at the comic shop today saying that there is a Boba Fett mini that goes for $200. Is this true? I knew minis were kinda expensive but not to that level.

21. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Most expensive I've seen is one for about $70, but that was awhile ago. I think it was one of the Emperor figures or the Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master fig.

22. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Unless the Boba you're talking about is like a Limited Edition or signed thing that I don't know about, then I'd say they were just wrong. Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter is the most expensive figure in the game right now, and it goes for about $50-60.

23. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I believe congratulations are in order, miss Jedi_Dajuan! Why don't you tell the class what you did?

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Lol thanks, ok. I won the 100 point constructed tourney at Gen Con. I used Loda and Chewie Rebel Hero (a favorite squad of mine) and took down two Boba Bounty Hunter squads. To be honest, I didn't expect to win much with the squad, I was going for the crazy fun aspect of it (also the squad's title). I faced hothie in round three; we were both at 2-0 at that point so no matter what we were going to walk away with a prize that tourney (you got 1 booster for a 3-1 record and 4 for a 4-0). My hands shook the entire 4th game, and a good 20 minutes after. I feel that I've paid Boba BH back for his two disintegrations the day before.

25. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003

... at least you got pay back... i'm still reeling from losing two of my three losses in the masters event to broken boba disintigrating my full hit point, never even shot at, aurra sing. :(

...such is the roll of the die i guess...

but i had fun. and i was true to form. only Yuuzhan Vong squads from me. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.