main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    Congrats Jedi_Dajuan! =D=

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Congrats, that sounded like fun.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Nice work, Dajuan - I didn't get a chance to make it over to the minis tables unfortunately - just too busy running our games and partying.

So, did everyone get what they want from the KotOR set or is anyone looking for some trades?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks everyone :)

Too bad we missed each other, Bishop. Our set is complete because we got so much from Gen Con. We left the con needing 8 figs and I picked those up last week.

5. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    So what's a good 200 pt squad to play with Vader, Scourge of the Jedi?

I'm reading the Force Unleashed book (don't have a Wii, so this is as close as I get), so I may play:

Vader, SotJ
    Vader's Apprentice Unleashed
    PROXY
    RA-7 (just want to play him, although likely not necessary at all in this squad.)
    Raxus Prime Troopers
    Evo trooper
    Ug D's.

May not be an award-winning squad, as it's so Melee heavy, but I'll just have to play a map that has lots of walls til I get into the fighting.

6. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    This may be a good thing to post:

Clone Wars Set comes out October 31st 40 figures
    And some time in November a Clone Wars Battle Pack
    Febuary 2009 Imperial Entanglements
    I think June 2009 Jedi Academy

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah I've got all the release dates for the new mini's sets saved in the calendar in my phone... and the RPG sourcebooks, and the novels, and the comics, and the games, and the...

8. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008
    So anything with Star Wars in its name you have the date in your phone, even if it was toliet paper?

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Only if I really, really had to go.

10. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I got my first pack, because I'm all hooked on D&D mini's after getting a few of those. So much fun to see what you are going to get. Does it say anywhere on the card what set you got it from, because I think it was KOTOR

I got disco Jar Jar

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    It should say it somewhere on the card or the fig... drawing a blank right now.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    On both the card and the figure there will be a little symbol. That tells you the set. If you got Jar Jar, you bought KOTOR.

13. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I'm sure some of you have seen the Q&A with sarah and rob over at wizards... have to say I'm a bit...ummm... pissed off that there will be no Yuuzhan Vong uniques represented in 2009. [face_plain] Must be making way for more mandos. [face_plain]

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Puke, I'd much rather see more Vong.

15. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I am soooooooo not bummed about no more Vong. Every day I wake up and say to myself, "How can I hurt the Vong today?"

I am pretty excited about more Chiss though. Hopefully Rob wasn't just referring to the Thrawn in Imperial Entanglements...

16. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008
    When I read that I wanted to jam my keyboard through my moniter, but there is still a chance of non-uniques.

17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Who from the Vong hasn't been represented yet? I think just Omini (sp?) Or am I losing it again and just imagining the Supreme Overlord figure? Probably... I do that a lot these days.

18. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I'll go ahead and answer this one for ya, YV_R.

You are, in fact, imagining a Supreme Overlord figure. So we still 'need' one of those. Then there is Nas Choka, the Warmaster after Tsavong Lah. They could make an Omini. They don't have a Nen Yim. They don't have Slayers or Voxyn, either.

19. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008
    There are alot of uniques they could make that are far more important than Yomin Carr.

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I can get behind you on Nen Yim, the Slayers and definetly on Voxyn, but Nas Choka is just a Lah clone stats-wise.

Though maybe the Voxyn would be overkill. I've used non-unique Vong squads against Republic Jedi -and strong Jedi on that, like Obi-Wan and Shaak-Ti and the Vong have wiped the floor against Jedi w/o Voxyn help.

21. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008
    Yuuzhan Vong have good uniques but a voxyn or a random unique would give the Yuuzhan Vong faction more options on things to play, like a squad of shames ones.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, more uniques would be great if you're trying to build a realistic Vong squad. I somehow doubt Nom Anor, the Warmaster and Yomin Carr, would be paired with a warrior and a shaper.

23. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Look. The mere fact that the Yuuzhan Vong is represented as a faction should be enough to argue for it to garner at least ONE unique in over two years; but unfortunately that is not going to be the case. The last unique was Yomin Carr with the Alliance and Empire set released in May of 2007. Alright let's just look at the breakdown of the factions...obviously ignoring the big 4 (rebs, imps, seps, and republic) All these stats are pre-release of Clone Wars.

Old Republic
    9 Uniques
    21 total figures

New Republic
    15 Uniques
    22 total figures

Sith
    13 Uniques
    28 total figures

Mandalorians
    4 Uniques

And finally... I present you the LEAST represented faction out and one that will not be boosted with any uniques until 2010...and that's IF it even happens then.

Yuuzhan Vong
    3 Uniques
    11 total figures

I believe this is evidence enough of why people should be upset over this recent news. Besides the constant personal issues people put in place over this faction... it is still a faction and needs to be a viable, playable faction in years to come if it is supposed to stay competitive.

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Screw realistic, let's just make them competitive again. While I rarely play Vong, I'd much rather see more support to them than the evil M-faction. Vong super stealth is pretty worthless at the moment due to all the disrupt (especially R2-PO) and force sense for the non Vong characters in the squad. Every Vong piece is melee except for Nom Anor. So while the Jedi Hunters and Shapers are a nice combo, they are really limited in what they can do early on. I agree that WotC is going to create a new faction, they should support it with Uniques and good pieces at least once a year or every other set or so.

I am excited to see some Chiss though, that could be kinda fun even though I'm not an Empire fan either really. Another sub faction I'd like to see are some Hapans for the New Republic. NR need some non-melee fodder with more than 10 HP.

25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I am not a huge fan of the Vong, but they could bring any number of interesting looking monsters tot he table.
    Firebreathers and Voxyn are obvious, but they have other cool monsters, such as http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vagh_Rodiek
    and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Umrach

Or just take a look at this:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Yuuzhan_Vong_creatures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.