main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'd prefer if a parent were to submit the scenarios for them and say that it's for underaged player Jon Doe.

If the scenario was insanely similar (as in directly copy and paste words or just change the wording a bit) to one I've seen on the net or WotC created (and I have nearly all if not all of the printed ones) then you would be disqualified. But we realize that there are only so many different things you can do with the battle of Hoth (for example) if your scenario shares some similarities with another no a huge deal. WotC has some of their site but there isn't a place with a bunch of fan created ones that I know of. Also, if this comes up I do plan to talk to the person who submitted a scenario before automatically disqualifying it. Give him/her a chance to tell his/her side of the story.

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    What if the scenario was a joint effort between John Doe and an of-age player? Would it be OK if said of-age player submitted it under their name and share the prize if they won?

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That would be fine.

4. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    A little over a week to go on the Scenario Contest. Get your submissions in soon!!!

5. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    When are we gonna know the results of the Minis Scenario contest?

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    At least a week or two. We're not quite finished grading all the scenarios yet then we need to play test the top few.

7. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Sweet. Hey, just out of curiosity, about how many submissions did you get? I'm pretty sure the only way mine has a chance of winning anything is if you had 3 or fewer submissions :p

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We got either 20 or 21, and a couple after the deadline which can't be considered (though I may read through them). They were all pretty good, a couple stand-outs in each direction but not as many as I thought. I don't know which is yours off the top of my head (since I took away the names when I printed them) but I'm sure it'll be a good one :)

9. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Well, we've narrowed the entries down to 6 that we want to play-test. So results will be forthcoming in the next fortnight.

10. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Play testing has been completed. The winners have been chosen, and will be contacted shortly before "official" results are posted publicly. Results should be posted within the week.

11. TOWNN

TOWNN Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2009
    does anybody havethe rebel storm pack? i have lots of doubles, so if anybody wants to trade contact me at turres@rogers.com im trying to finish my rebel storm pack.

12. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    A really great place to organize online trades is www.BlooMilk.com. After you enter your wants and what you have for trade, it will pair you up with people who have what you want and want what you have. I have completed a handful of trades on there. It's AWESOME!!!

13. TOWNN

TOWNN Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2009
    Thank you so much!!!

14. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I have the same screenname on bloomilk. Look up my haves, and I'll trade with you whatever I have that you need.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm Lady Hothie on there. But Hothie handles all of our trades :)

16. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    got both the Clone Wars campaign guide and scum and villainy.

For a system they were looking to streamline, they've sure done well to go in the other direction.

My brain hurts from reading scum and villainy.

They got rid of prestige classes and gave us more talents and feats than before, it's like there's too much choice.

Some people are never satisfied [face_blush]

17. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    In no way am I trying to be offensive, but I think it's funny that you posted this in the ONE thread that doesn't have to do with RPG on this board...

18. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Heh, I started posting it in the social thread originally.

I needed to get it off my chest and any threads relating to Saga edition sourcebooks ( in general) are locked and I couldn't be bothered to pm Dajuan to unlock one.

Also, if you check back I do believe there is some previous convo about saga edit.

If not, I apologise

19. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Does anyone here live in Orlando? I just bought some Star Wars Minis stuff and am trying to learn how to play.

20. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
  21. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Thought I'd brag in one more place... I got a pack of Imperial Entanglements!!!

Pics here

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Nearly the whole set has leaked now. We're just waiting on 2 figs :D

23. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008
    1 now http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/ImperialRieekanPreview

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Rieeken (sp) is insane!! He's going to be the Rebel staple now, taking over for Dodonna.

25. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    You all have no idea how incredibly livid I am about Rieeken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.