main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Me and a group of buddies came up with a new version similar to the Dynamic Duo, Called Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four
    Fantastic Four is an unofficial play format where you build a squad that has exactly four characters whose cost add up to exactly 100-200 points, depending on what point value is played. Faction restrictions are still in effect. Abilities like Reinforcements or Reserves that add more Characters to your squad are ignored.

My favorite is the 150 point Squad

Palpatine on the Sit and Spin (Throne)33
    Darth Vader Unleashed 50
    Kreia 43
    Zayne 24

2. YuuzhanVong_Rule

YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2008

That sounds like a fun idea.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I played a version like that but it was 200 points instead of 150. A lot of fun :) We did it light side vs dark so there were more options.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry for the double post. But I'm doing a short class project on gaming ethics, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to fill out a survey/questionnaire for me. I won't share your data beyond presenting it as a whole (with out names of course). All I ask is you be honest.

Thanks!

5. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I would be willing to participate.

6. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Sure. Sounds like fun

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks a bunch! You've both got a PM coming :)

8. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I would also. BTW we need a CV to come again we have not got to play Star Wars minis since CIV I believe you and me got to play a couple games.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I do believe we did play a couple games :) CIV was a good time, I miss it often. If all goes to plan hothie and I will be playing minis at CV.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    FYI, the entire Jedi Academy set was released on Ebay yesterday. I'm debating allowing copies of the pictures here.

11. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008

What if we say please?

Could we still talk about the minis?

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Talk away! Only reason I'm hesitating is I don't want us in trouble with WotC or LFL. I'd love to have them up here though, hell I have them saved and labeled by who I think each is :)

13. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    how would you get in trouble if it was leaked then it is okay to see. nothing is official till the release date. For all we know those could be custom minis to get the hype going.

I also posted the pictures i found and a list of who i think is who on our local fanforce forums for boise idaho. again those are my opinions nothing is official till release day.

but i did like seeing some of the characters in the set and pretty sure who they are.

14. YuuzhanVong_Rule

Jan 31, 2008
    Someone on WotC boards made a good "guess" about the set. From that "guess" the set pretty much is pure awesomeness.

15. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'd say posting it as speculation is fine. I mean nothing's been released yet

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting...

Personally, I didn't like the last set....everything just seemed so generic. But if these rumors are true, this set will more than make up for it.

I am especially interested in the Exile. I wonder how they will represent her, as she doesn't have a convenient Revan like mask..

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to let rumors and spoiler pics go :) We could even do a spoiler thread if people want to go that route.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, I do have some spoilers. Here or new thread?

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't think it matters. If there's stats or something that's a spoiler for an ongoing series then maybe link to something off-thread.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Nah, I'll post what I've got here. New spoiler thread coming up!

21. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I have a quick question:
    Have a nearly complete set of the space ships series (missing 4 or 5 of the VRs). Looking at ebay, I'm guessing about $40 to get the missing ones. Do you think I'm better off buying the one's I'm missing, then posting it as a set, posting it as an "almost complete set", or just selling the rares and VRs and using the rest as bucket fodder?

Suggestions?

22. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Our LGS not too long ago sold a nearly complete set of SSB, and got quite a bit for it, I think around the $200 range. He also sold a bunch of the "extras" from that set and got nearly $150 for them as well IIRC. If you're going to sell, I wouldn't worry too much about selling as a complete set. Nearly complete sets can get you a lot as well. SHop around, compare, etc. Maybe it will be worth your while to get the ones you need to complete it. I guess it depends on how much you need the money.

23. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Quick rules question:

Luke, Rebel Commando has Cunning Attack and is a commando. I would assume his Cunning Attack doesn't stack with the Cunning Attack +20 from General Madine, but would the fact that he already has Cunning Attack prevent him from getting the bonus from Madine at all?

24. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    He would get both Cunning and Cunning +20, but you would choose which one to use when he attacks. Either that or he would always use Cunning +20, I don't remember. But it probably wouldn't make a difference :)

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You only get Cunning once and you get the better version of it, so Luke gets Cunning +20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.