main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Box art from Bounty Hunters at rebelscum.com!

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/SWMbountyhuntersbox1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/SWMbountyhuntersbox2.jpg]
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/SWMbountyhuntersbox3.jpg]

On that last one you can see some of the figures. It looks like we're getting a cargo skiff, another IG-88, another Bossk, and somebody else I can't recognize because of the angle.

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    =P~

I can't wait for that set.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I got Bastila...

One more and I've the whole set. :D

I have to say, General Windu = roxx0rz. Shatterpoint is awesome, especially with riposte. ;)

E_S

4. Jedi_Knight23

Jedi_Knight23 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    Any one know a good website to buy COTF minis. I'm in desparte need of them. Any help will be appreciated.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Use eBay, because sites that sell singles will usually charge above market prices, plus stupid shipping amounts. I nearly got Bastila off a website, but she was $20 and shipping was $13.

If you have trades, the official WOTC forum supports trading.

Oh, and I just won Luke Skywalker, Young Jedi off eBay. That's 60/60 for COTF. :D

E_S

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, you can get them on eBay, or every once & awhile I'll get some mooks from paizo.com a bunch at a time to save on shipping.

7. Stigma76

Stigma76 Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2006
    Exar Kun is a total badass. I put a 200 hit point team together this week including: Exar Kun, 3 Sith Mutants, a Wampa, Reek and a couple of ewoks...holy ^#*@ it was a slaughter.

If you put this team together and your opponent has the misfortune to include Jedi's...it's over. Exar Kun's commander effect practically guarantees you a direct hit with almost all followers. The Reek alone does 60 damage a hit to Jedi's and you can move the ewoks to surrounding bounty hunters and then replace them with Exar Kun to give him his triple attack (i.e. they can't run away) Plus, you can inactivate a good 50% of your opponents squad with Exar Kun's other ability...so nasty.

Basically, he just couldn't kill anything fast enough, and in the end, I had lost only the ewoks and one Sith Mutant (Reek, Wampa and 2 Sith Mutants where untouched)

Highly recommended!

Other than that, I just need Yoda to close out this set (little guy is so darn hard to get for me)

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just finished my set 2 nights ago, getting the missing Luke. :D

I totally agree about Exar, and prefer him to Bane anyday.

Bane may be pure, unadulterated damage but Exar's CE, with Massassi or even, hell, Rancors - combined with his transfer essence - god bless 3 pt minis - and everything else makes him an awesome package.

I'm going to give an OR squad a crack tonight, just for fun. Well, OR + HK. Lousy meatbags. ;)

E_S

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    From yesterday's Jedi Counselling:
    Sweet Jeebus! Yeah, you have to line it up just so, but :eek: [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    :eek: Thank Mod that Mas Amedda can't join that team! :eek:

E_S

11. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    [image=http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/95647A2cf77a3_Main400.jpg]

:eek:

[image=http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/95648156ba55_Main400.jpg]

:cool:

[image=http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/95647B1dc16f3_Main400.jpg]

=P~

[image=http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/products/95647C18125b3_Main400.jpg]

[face_peace]

There also might be a demo at ComicCon. :D

SWOS Blog

12. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    QFT

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Does anyone have a shiplist of the mini's being released yet?

Or barring that does anyone have any wishlists?

I'm hoping for the Outrider and the Ebon Hawk (aside from the Falcon, which is a given)

Which one was Kyle Katarn's ship? The YT-2000?

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    a yt-2000 belonged to the Azzameen family from X-Wing Alliance, I can't recall what model ship the Mouldy Crow was, nor that ugly thing from Jedi outcast. More I think about it, it resembles the fighters the clones were using in Epi-3 with 3 s-foils.

I looked on swrpgnetwork.com and the Mouldy Crow is apparently a modified CEC CRF-78R Fast Courier

The Raven's Claw is a CEC CRF-156T Fast Carrier.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    :eek:

Man, my wallet hates me already.

E_S

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh forgot about the TIE Defender... I hope that's in there too, and the Chiss Clawcraft, and Coralskippers, and the StealthX and...

17. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    How are the capital ships going to work with the starfighters? It looks like they're all about the same size.

18. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I have no idea what the scale will be, but i'd speculate that the starfighter mini's would be regular sized mini's and the cap ships would be huge size... i imagine the maps would have to be pretty big.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    WOTC's Rob Watkins said they'll be in relative scale.

That means, each class will be in scale to other craft of that class; not to other classes of craft.

Example? If you took an Eta2, X-Wing, TIE Fighter and ARC-170, they'd be in scale to each other. They won't be in scale to Corellian Covettes, or Nebulon B Frigates etc.

Also, the minis will be dividedi nto light and dark factions, rather than Republic, Rebels, Seppies and Imperial; they will also cover all six films.

So, no coralskippers, clawcraft or TIE Defenders yet, methinks.

E_S

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    The Hasbro site says that the set will have mini's from all sources, including comics, novels, etc. I don't imagine they'd disclude video game sources, since a huge chunk of EU ships comes from video games (The X-Wing and Rogue Squadron games, for example)

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, given that Rob Watkins is on the design team and posts on the Offical Site as "WOTC_Rob", I'm going to go with what he says.
    Granted, that doesn't automatically exclude EU vehicles from future sets...

E_S

23. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    "Also, the minis will be dividedi nto light and dark factions, rather than Republic, Rebels, Seppies and Imperial; they will also cover all six films. "

.......? I could understand the orginal minis game as being split into light and dark, as characters have those attributes and many characters cross over between factions-but starships do have any connection to the force and there aren't any cross-over.

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Say it with me: "Expansion Sets" :p

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was just saying what the Hasbro site told me... I should know by now not to trust a mega-corporations website, I know :( :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.