main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Miniatures Release Tournament!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LingSter, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    I have a new event coming up, it's September 23rd. it's for the new Star Wars Minatures Expansion, BOUNTY HUNTERS.

If anyone here would like to join the event, or come in costume, it's be quite fun! Heck, come and play in the event AND be in costume!

Just let me know what sort of "compensation" is needed. I don't want it to be like last time.

The event starts at 1PM SHARP. Getting to the event by 12:30 is best if you plan on entering.

LOCKED at CR Request

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I think many of us will be out in Utica that day for The Mighty Mini Con.
    But, if that gets cancelled again then I guess we know where we can go instead!
    And, don't worry about compensation. The only thing we "need" is the opportunity to talk to people about our club.

~Doc_Bev

3. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    Cool. If anyone can stop by, it's appreciated!

4. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    The Minis event for this weekend is Saturday the 23rd.

It's for the Bounty Hunters Expansion Release event.

It starts at 1pm.

if you can attend, to play or just be by with costumes.... It's be great!

BTW, Dan might stop by and "cover" the event. I think I might have talked him into a news story for the main page of Rebel Scum!!

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So folks now that we don't have MMC is anyone interested in heading over to Millennium for an hour or so?

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm actually going to play this Saturday.
    With the schedule being clear this weekend, I will indulge my Minis sweet tooth. :)

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I spoke to John John last night. He might be bored this weekend and come up for a visit. If he does, he may wish to play. What are the details on this? Is it a "Booster Draft" again with a $10 fee and prizes afterwards like last time? Or does he need to bring premade teams? Since he doesn't have any SW miniatures, I need to know whether I need to dig out mine for him to use.

8. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    As Soon as Curto Gets off his Lazy butt, We'll see it on the main page.

This is a Sealed event, meaning that you buy two boosters and build your team out of that. I will be supplying the maps, you just need to supply the cash and dice. A pencil/paper is also good for tracking force points and damage to yuor chatacters.

COST? $45 bucks.

Yes, I know... OUCH.

Well, with that $45, you get the two boosters (normal cost of them over the counter) along with prize support. It is unknown what the prize support is going to be at this time.

This should be the LAST Release event that's going to cost this much. I've not heard of any more "Huge" boosters. The rest will be normal sized boosters.

Any Questions, you can e-mail me directly at jling1@rochester.rr.com AND/OR john.ling@paetec.com (I check the latter most during the day)

9. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Off topic for the thread - but if John John does visit and wants to melt some plastic, let me know ;-)

10. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Sorry, Darren, John John would probably love to, but he is extremely allergic to cats. Years ago when we went to a New Year's party at Amy's house with 2 cats, he had such an asthma-like attack even with allergy medicine that we had to leave after 15 minutes because he couldn't breathe. We almost took him to the emergency room. He used to stay with us when he visited. Our dog, Bella, didn't really bother him at all when he took Benadryl. However, when we got our second dog, Zeus, his long hair causes him to wheeze within 30 minutes with Benadryl even though the room he stayed in is off limits to the dogs. So, he stays at a hotel when he visits now.

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Well, John John is not coming up this weekend. He couldn't believe the price of flights to Rochester right now. Since we didn't get out to Waterloo while on vacation with Diane and Bill, we may do that on Saturday instead. Remember Saturday is Chocolate Day so we may celebrate it at Harry & David's there. I love their fruit chocolates. But, it depends on how Tom feels - he finally caught my cold that I either got from Bill or my boss.

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Did anyone get to go to this?
    I had been hoping to at least drop off some fliers, but didn't get over there. :(

~Doc_Bev

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I went.
    There were about 5 of us playing.
    It was a good way to just...relax...for a couple of hours.
    Got some bad--- minis too.
    My Mandalorian War Droid was the envy of everyone [face_mischief]

14. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    So, is there a theme for Saturday's gaming? What kind of team should I put together?

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    From what John has told me...this is a 150pt battle of Fringe personnel only.
    Thats anyone with a regular Mandalorian Symbol on their card.

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    150 pt. - okay, 100 pt teams can be tough to put together. Ohhh - I just noticed that the Mandalorian's from the new Bounty Hunter packs have a slighty different symbol than Fringe characters. :( Oh well, it would have been fun to try out my new Han Solo, Scoundrel, (from the Bounty Hunters) with Senator Leia and a Luke (from Rebel Storm), but I can still use my Wampa. [face_devil] Now, I'll only have to go through a third of my minis to form a team. How about other large figures like those from the new packs? Any restriction on unique characters or special abilities?

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Sounds like Huge pieces and Rare pieces are allowed as well.
    I'll be building my force over the next two days so I'll have a list of whats available after I'm finished.

Right now I know I'll have 1 huge left.
    Its a Mustafarian Flea Rider.
    Cost: 22

If you want him, figure him into your equation and I'll bring him Saturday or if we see each other beforehand. I actually have two Flea Riders so if you want to buy/trade no worries. I'll prolly be picking up another Booster pack or two on Friday to supplement backups/additional forces.

18. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Hmmm - I don't have a flea rider yet, but I don't have any duplicate rares either. I have about a dozen different duplicate commons and uncommons from Rebel Storm and Revenge of the Sith packs and a couple triplicates. It was annoying when 1 box turned out all dupes except the rare figure. I liked the Bounty Hunters packs since I got a rare and a very rare in each box from Borders for $19.99 a box (minus the 25% educator's discount). Is that a fluke or is that how they are packaging them? Would you like me to PM you a list of the dupes? Good, about what's allowed since a good chunk of my fringe characters are rares, very rares or large.

19. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    So when does the SW gaming start on Saturday? In the past they started at 1 p.m., but Diane said that the guy at Millenium told her noon for this Saturday. :confused:

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I heard noon as well.
    I'll prolly pick ya up around 11 or 11:15 or so.

21. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I picked up a new schedule at Millenium Games on Saturday for the Star Wars Miniature gaming events.

November 18, 1 PM: Walking your Pet!
    Cost: $5
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring a 150pt team that has only 1 "pet". The "pet" must be a character that has "savage" printed on the card. Fill the rest of your squad as normal. Have your "pet" be the king of the block! If the "pet" survives the match, you get double survival points for him!

Novmber 25, 5 PM: Starships Release Event!
    Cost: TBA
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Sealed. Purchase 1 starter and 1 booster and try out the new game! 300 pt force built out of the contents.

December 2, 1 PM: Scouting Party!
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 100pt battle force. An advance scouting party for your faction has arrived in-system. Make sure any insurgents are taken care of for the safe arrival of your leader.

December 16, 1 PM: Old School!
    Cost: $5
    Prizes TBA
    Format: Constructed/Gambit. Bring your favorite 200pt battle force, duke it out in GAMBIT format. No HUGES allowed this time around.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'd like to make sure to get Rebellion fliers put out at the events on the 18th and 25th if possible. Who is going to those ones?

~Doc_Bev

23. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    I think I am going to both. Diane wants to go to both, but she has a conflict and would be late on this Saturday and the Starships sealed tournament will probably be over $60 to play since the starter pack retails at $39.95 and the booster retails for $19.99 (according to Borders) plus prize money, and Millenium is usually a bit higher than Borders on these packs.

24. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    =D= Congratulations to Wes who came in second place in Saturday's tourney! I came in third. [face_hypnotized] What a shock and adrenaline rush to kill a Rancor and then a dragon! It was a lot of fun now that I'm understanding the rules, but there is still so much for me to learn about the game. I hope more of you can join us in the future or we can set up our own games sometime.

Reminder about this Saturday evening's release event. Warning it is expensive, probably about $70 to play, but you get to keep ~$62 worth of minis. So tempting .... If you are interested in playing, just bring your money. I think everything you'll need will be included in the sealed starter set and booster pack. I'll be playing as long as I don't spend too much on black Friday sales. [face_whistling] Click here to check them out.

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry I keep forgetting to get you guys the Rebellion fliers... :oops:
    Good luck if any of you guys attempt to play tonight.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.