main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Miniatures Release Tournament!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LingSter, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    100 pt best of what ya got.
    Anything of what ya got.

Needless to say if I get the Wookie-Killer AT-ST :)
    muha...muhaa..muhahahahahaha

2. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    John confirmed on Saturday that the SW minis Force Unleashed Release Tournament on Saturday, November 17th. at 1 p.m. will be 150 points with huges (if you want) since it is a huge set. He doesn't know what a Squad Box is yet. :confused: So far, the price is $25 for 2 boosters with prize support, but it may increase. He said to bring maps, dice, markers, and etc. (obviously you can't use any other minis than those that come out of the 2 boosters). ;) See you there.

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll be there with my dice bag but I have no maps. :(

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Do you guys have a list of the upcoming games?

~Doc_Bev

5. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    The next game is a 150 Scramble on Dec 14th.
    Bring a 150pt team and let the whipping commence.

Dec 28 is a special King of the Hill Tournament.
    A tournament of my own design. [face_idea]
    You have to sign up at Millenium Games on Dec 14th and choose a faction.
    Then bring a 300 point team to fight on Dec 28th.

There will 4 players to a game and only one player may win that game.
    Whatever is the surviving unit (no replacements for the dead) advances to the final game with whatever pieces are left over.
    Then there will be a final Survivor match.

6. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    I should learn to play someday, since I have a bunch of them:(

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Anytime theres an event in your area and you want to man I'll be happy to sit down and play a few games. I'm teaching my little cousin to play as her first 'match' was at the most recent event. Apparently shes talked about nothing but Minis and loved it. (hard to tell with her stoneface teenage expression but I digress)

8. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Sorry, Scott. You are a day off as in the next 2 games are on December 15th. and 29th.. ;) We could play "casually" at the Rebellion holiday party if anyone was interested. I could use the practice.

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll have my King of the Hill team ready.
    I've already built teams for Republic, Vong, and Sith

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm sure we could find a couple members of The Rebellion willing to be teachers. ;)

And, yes - gaming at the holiday party is an excellent idea.

~Doc_Bev

11. LingSter

LingSter Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2001
    yes... perhaps you should lern....

FEAR my Ugnaught Army of DOOM!

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Target in Henrietta had the Target exclusive Battle of Hoth set with the snowspeeder and AT-ST, with a Bounty Hunter pack attached for $59.99 on Saturday. Isn't there another one with a turet and Obi-Wan spirit? I haven't seen that one locally yet. Unfortunately, it's too close to Christmas for me to splurge on that for myself, but if anyone wants to get either of them for me as a gift .... ;) Just kidding ....

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Daria, what teams are we building?
    Any rules?

14. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    :confused: For when? minis on Dec. 15th. - 150 points. or the Rebellion meeting/party on Dec. 16th., I don't know; you suggested 300 points. Hee hee - AT-AT is only 200 points, right. only kidding - I really don't want to bring that monstrosity. Truthfully, I haven't looked at my minis since the release event, so I'm not sure exactly what I'll be playing yet. I'd actually like to play sometime before the 15th. to try out the 150 point team I'm thinking about trying out, okay, I want to try out 1 new figure I got recently or perhaps a few I've gotten from Bill but haven't been able to play yet due to their high cost (may be okay for the 300 point team). [face_thinking]

What do you feel like? On the 16th. we should bring extra teams or at least extra minis so that others can learn and play or even trade/buy/sell. We really shouldn't bring Teams of Doom, just normal teams, so that we don't scare away any potential players too early. [face_laugh] What do you think?

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm not bringing my 300 pt team. Thats secret.

I wont bring my Super Stealth Squad as thats bad on beginners nor will I bring that New Republic Team I've been using in the tournaments that is almost unbeatable..almost.

I was thinking of bringing a Mando team, a Jedi team, and maybe a Sith team.
    I want to try Revan :)

16. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    John has put up a second "flight" chart for the King of the Hill game. Yes, Scotty, you are signed up for Sith on the second flight and Chris changed from the first flight to second for the Mando team. So, Mando and Old Republic are still free on the first flight. I picked up an info sheet last night, but I think there is a rule sheet too that I missed. I'll try to remember to post the info later. I PMed John for clarifications on some things. While I thought I could put together a 300 point team from any faction (even Old Republic and Vong with Fringe) with my collection, I figured out with these rules so far, there are a few factions I don't have enough duplicates to pull them off, unless I'm misinterpreting the info sheet. Whoever misses these rules/info sheets may be in for a rude wake-up call on the 29th.. No wonder John wants to pre-approve all teams. I figured it had to do with things that happened at the last event.

17. mrgr8ness

Oct 25, 2005
    Is there any forums dedicated to SW miniatures? I am more into collecting right now, and looking for trading. I hope to start learning to play, as soon as I clear up my backlog of belt orders

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I haven't heard of any, but maybe DarSolo, Wingnut or Lingster has.

If you can't find a place, I can ask if trading is allowed on these boards and you can start a trading thread here.
    I'm assuming it would be OK as you're just trading not buying or selling.
    If it's not OK - you guys are welcome to use Trrader's Port over on rochesterfandom.com's forums.

~Doc_Bev

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Theres a Miniatures section *and* a Trading section (General and Minis) over on rebelscum.com.

Its one of the few sites we can publically post since Force.net and Rebelscum have the same owner.
    The rest of the list I can get from Lingster and PM to you.
    The Banhammer around here has an itchy trigger finger.

20. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Let's try this again - since the internet ate my response without posting it.

There are a lot of SW minis websites, but I don't know of any locally for trading unless there is something through Rebel Scum. SW Shoebox is my favorite of these sites to keep track of my collection, however they do not list the promos and haven't updated the lists since Alliance and Empire came out in September.

Many of us do have duplicates to trade. Where are you located? If you have time this weekend, Scotty and I will be at SW minis gaming (150 point tourney) at Millennium in Henrietta at 1 p.m. on Saturday. I don't think Diane or Bill will be going. Or I can bring my dupes to the Rebellion meeting/holiday party at MCH at 11 a.m. on Sunday.

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    mrgr8ness is about 2 hours away in Ithaca.
    If the weather holds and your able to - please feel free to join us for ourholiday party.

~Doc_Bev

22. mrgr8ness

Oct 25, 2005
    I really appreciate the invite for the party, however Sunday may be tough for me.:oops: I will have to see. I am really wanting to get Boba Fett from any of the sets, especially Bounty Hunters and The Force Unleashed. I don't see much at rebelscum at the moment. I will definantly try to make it up to learn some gaming. I don't know of anyone in my area that is into the miniatures game, or even Star Wars period:(

23. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Check out the DCI tournament link off the Star Wars section of Wizards of the Coast's website for a game near you. I noticed games listed in Rochester, Albany, Syracuse and Buffalo. Elmira, Glen Falls, Jamestown, and Utica are metro areas on the list without any tournaments posted.

Yeah, the Boba's are hard to find and expensive to get. I still need "Boba Fett, Enforcer" from Alliance and Empire, "Boba Fett" from the Rebel and Imperials 2 packs, and "Boba Fett, Mercenary" from Force Unleashed too. However, I remember Scotty pulling a bunch of them from one set about a year ago - BH?

Well, if you want to come up to Rochester, we tend to game every other week or so, but watch this thread for details.

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I sold all my extra Bobas from the BH packs...the amount of money I made on those pieces helped me buy my two cases of Alliance vs Empire.

25. mrgr8ness

Oct 25, 2005
    Where are you guys buying from? The only place I have found them near me, is Borders. The Alliance/Empire, Champions of the Force are like $15 and BH and Force Unleashed are $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.