Star Wars Miniatures - Strategies & General Discussion

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Riptide572, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Well, the reason I wouldn't do Revan is because it's so up to the player.

Also, 30dmg is too much for alightsaber. Ever character in the game with a saber is 20DMG, even the Dark Side Acolyte who gets +10 to her 10DMG for melee attacks.

Here's how I'd do Bastila - remember, she's only a padawan when you meet her.

Bastilla Shan, Jedi*
    Faction: Republic
    Cost: 29
    Hit Points: 100
    Defense: 19
    Attack: +10
    Damage: 20
    Special Abilities:
    -Unique
    -Melee Attack
    -Double Attack (On this characters turn, you may make 2 extra attacks instead of one)
    Force Powers:

-Force=3

-Battle Meditation (Force 2, All allied characters gain +4 to attack and +10 damage. This ability remains until Bastila moves, attacks, or becomes attacked.)

Commander Effect: Republic Troops adjacent to Bastila gain the Bodyguard effect.

E_S

EDIT: http://www.swshoebox.com/ is a good place to peruse stats for characters.

Did anyone check out Vassal?
  2. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    "KOTOR 1 had you max out at Level 20; 8 Levels of Scout/Scoundrel/Soldier, 12 Jedi - that's consistent with the RCRB. KOTOR 2, AFAIK, has many epic levels."

Ah, rightio. Yeah, KotoR2 allows lots and lots of epic levels. A KotoR2 figs would have a minimum point cost of 101...

"Why would you really not like to see Revan as a character?"

Why? Because I don't see a point. I liked KotoR, the revelation that you were Revan came right out of left field. But when all's said and done, the game was very typical. I don't know if you've ever played NWN or any of the Black Isle games that were made with BioWare, but I was kicking myself for not seeing the twist sooner. I just think the game's a little overrated - especially now after the whole KotoR2 ending debacle and the release of Jade Empire - which still threw in a few of the old twists and turns, but was a much more solid game, IMO.

Um, I guess basically it boils down to this: I don't really know for sure, some part of me just doesn't want a Revan character made. I think the thing with Revan - even Darth Revan, Sith Lord - is that stats wise it's just going to be not much more than a powerful "generic dark side force user". I'd much rather see something like Carth Onasi, Republic Soldier from KotoR and then Carth Onasi, Republic Admiral from KotoR 2. Or Bastila Shan, Jedi Knight and then Bastila Shan, Dark Apprentice.

Revan, Sith Lord
    Cost: 60
    Hit Points: 120
    Defense: 20
    Attack: +18
    Damage: 30
    Special Abilities:
    -Unique
    -Melee Attack
    -Cleave
    -Triple Attack (On this characters turn, you may make 2 extra attacks instead of one)
    -Memory Lapse (Upon loss of this character, your opponent gains control of this character with half hitpoints; save 12)
    Force Powers:
    -Force=5
    -Sith Lightning 30 (Force 2, replaces attacks; range 6; 30 damage)
    -Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1, a character with Lightsaber Riposte make an immediate attack against an enemy that hits him)

I may not want a Revan fig, but I can still take a shot at stating him, all in the name of good fun, right?

OK, first of all, 60 points is pretty massive. Here's a comparison to CS Mace Windu who's 63 points.

hp: 150
    def: 22
    atk: +16
    dmg: 20

unique, melee attack, triple attack
    vapaad style (crits on 18, 19, 20)
    Force 5
    saber block (force1, vs. melee attacks, save 11)
    saber precision (force1, +10 dmg)

so, back to revan. 30 dmg, plus triple attack, plus riposte is uber. I can 90 dmg, then another 30 when you hit me. With a +18 attack, that's deadly. So here's how I'd do it.

Darth Revan, Sith Lord
    Cost: 58 (approx.)
    Hit Points: 120
    Defense: 20
    Attack: +13
    Damage: 20
    Special Abilities
    Unique
    Melee Attack
    Double Attack
    Betrayal

Force Powers
    Force 4
    Lightsaber Deflect (force 1, save 11 vs. ranged attacks)
    Force Speed* (force 2, this character may move up to 4 squares before taking their "turn")

Commander Effect
    All followers within 6 squares gain +2 attack.

I've based the stats for Revan off the information we know to be true, more or less. Basically that he fought in the Mandalorian Wars (commander effect, lightsaber deflect), and that he left the Jedi Order and turned on the Republic, taking many soldiers with him (betrayal). The Force Speed ability is something new. I wanted something to let him move and still gain the benefit of Double Attack. Force Speed means he can move 4 and attack twice, move 10 and attack once or move 16. It's a fairly powerful ability, but it's only got a maximum of 2 uses and means that any attacks made can't be rerolled. I originally had the ability only giving 2 squares of movement, but then it's never going to be used in conjunction with anything but double attack, since you can pay 1 force and do the same thing anyway. With 4 extra squares, it gives a little incentive to be used on the first turn, to help your set up at the start. Maybe the ability is too uber. Ajay, your thoughts on Force Speed?

I'd probably be happy with a Revan like that.
  3. Riptide572 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds decent to me, that seems to be what Force Speed would probably be like.

As for the whole 'conversion' or 'redemtion' of revan, I guess Betrayal works well too.
  4. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Does anyone know any sites/places that sells individual mini's? I wanna get a hold of a few of the rare ones...
  5. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    eBay

otherwise just Google "Star Wars Minis" and most sites returned will have individuals for sale.
  6. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  7. kidwehatethemost Jedi Knight

star 2
    They are coming out with a Katarn and many others... in Universe Huge
  8. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    What gave it away; the pic I posted of Kyle in this thread? :p ;)
    E_S
  9. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    tsk Ender - jumping back and forth through time again. Posting pics before people have the chance to tell you about them...

[face_shame_on_you]
  10. kidwehatethemost Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, yeah.... I've seen the pic at wizards.com..

but The Rancor, At-St, and Obi/Boga figures look great.

Along with the new Rebels coming out.. They will give a big boost to anyone who makes rebel squads like myself.
  11. Darth_Luinel_Kun Jedi Master

star 3
    Could anyone tell me where where I could find this game?
  12. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Your FLGS (Friendly Local Games Store) should sell it.

E_S
  13. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    A couple weeks ago I impulse bought the ROTS starter at Wal Mart. Welcome to another obsession, Joe. :p

I'm curious, has anyone dealt with gameoutfitters.com? I ordered some ROTS boosters from them about a week ago and they havn't shipped yet. I emailed them a couple days back and they said they were temporarily out of stock and should have more in a couple days. I was a bit miffed when I heard that because their site said it was in stock. Still does, as a matter of fact, I just looked. Is gameoutfitters.com normally like that (slow to ship, etc) or am I just the lucky one?

lordmaul13
  14. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's a site that might catch your eye.

http://www.swminisinfoworld.com/

Enjoy!
  15. Bpfashforever Jedi Knight

star 1
    [image=http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/minishuge/mini16.jpg]

Holy Guacamole! Is that Thrawn!?
    I'm really beginning to think of going into all that Star Wars Mini stuff.
  16. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What do you think the new AT-AT stat card will contain?
  17. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Yeppers, that's Thrawn! :D He was originally going to cost more than 100pts! :eek:

Um, we know a bit about teh ATAT. Genghis should have some info on his website, no?

E_S

18. Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Knight

star 2
    100 points? I thought the game was designed for battles up to 100 points?

Forgive me, I'm new to the Miniature scene. And I just ordered two booster packs. Yeah, this is addictive.
  19. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Yeah, I know; Thrawn was toned down alot.

E_S
  20. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What site has the At-AT info.?
  21. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Uh, most of what we know is on the boards1.wizards.com/ forum. It's 200pts, IIRC, and has 4 actions/round. It will be able to squish people, but if you let than hulking monstrosity step on you you had it coming. ;)

E_S
  22. zekk_64 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could you tell me if the 200 points meant HP or cost?

Do you know how much damge it does?

I really want to know all the info about him!!!!

Anything at all!!!!
  23. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    200pt cost.

I've heard 60dmg, but don't hold me to it.

I'll let you know when I know. ;)

E_S
  24. Blaine_The_Mono Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah apparently it's 60 damage, with adajacent characters suffering 20 damage if they fail to roll above 11.

Also, if the AT-AT misses it still has a chance to damage characters adajacent to the original target. Not sure if this will actually happen but it's what I've read.
  25. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    One thing's for sure, it'll be nasty. :D

E_S
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.