main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures - Strategies & General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Riptide572, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I was just going to say that they needed more YV and NR. Those were seriously small factions.

I wonder if there will eventual be spin-off minis-like a space battle version and a verison for large scale battle. that would very cool, would it not. (If you wonder hwere I got these, both battletech and Warhammer 40k had three versions: small scale, large scale and space. But it would work even better in SW, because the movies cover those three types of combat.)

2. Caleb14

Caleb14 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    My brother and I have bought 8 boosters and have 2 more on the way. I pretty cool, but We have managed to pull 3 X-1 viper droids hopefully I will not get any more. I do agree they should have got more YV and NR, get rid of some of those fringers, there are so many of them. Anyway will probably buy a few more booster and then start saving for CotF.

3. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I think YV and NR were just being introduced in this set to give everyone a taste of what's to come in CotF. They'll probably be the major factions in CotF and, I hear, Sith Wars era figures will be introduced in CotF.

lordmaul13

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Here's some minis news from someone who was at Gencon:
    Hey all, I looked around and didn't see anything with info on the SWM seminar from Indy so I thought I'd give out some info they gave.

*Next up AT-AT.....duh. I got to see it in action and in the packaging and it is awesome!

*Then in January they will release a boxed set called "Attack on Endor" or something like that. It will have a few repacked stormtrooper minis, 2 double sided battlemaps and a reposed AT-ST. Also some scenarios will be included IF I remember right.

*Then, scheduled for APRIL, is Champions of the Force. The main thing they said it would have is "the most lightsabers in any set yet". Some of the names that were tossed around that will be in the set are:

Darth Bane
    Darth Malik
    Darth Nihilus
    Exar Kun
    Darth Maul (the pose will be similar to the Hasbro figure with no shirt on)
    Corran Horn

*After Champions of the Force, they said that since Universe Huge has gone over so well and they were so happy with the scuplts they will be doing a second Huge set after CotF. This is were the snowspeeder will be released. I would imagine it would be late summer.

Some other questions they answered was that there will be no more Ultimate Missions books, in the form they are now at least. Also, Champions of the Force will not have a starter pack. They would not confirm or deny a Jar Jar figure (which probably means there will be one), the Ugnaught Demolistionist was talked about some as was Corran Horn. My bet is that Corran Horn will be in Champions of the Force.

I hear that things like the Endor pack will replace the poor-selling Ultimate Missions books. Also, Exar Kun will have some skill like "Sith Sorcery."

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Nice :D

How are the Ultimate Missions book? I've never even picked one up. Is that going to be a big loss?

6. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    However-if he new pack is 60% EU as adverstised, and ifthat even split up Old Republic, YV, NR and Sith, then that means 15% of the models goes to each faction. that's before we factor in fringe, so it sounds like the NR and YV will still be small, and the OR and Sith will be even smaller.

Can't wait though.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Over at the WotC boards they have a transcript of an interview with minis designer Rob Watkins.

Notable stuff:

-Bill Slavecsik helps design the setlists for the minis game.

-Champions of the Force will have a character that Bill Slavicsek did not immediately recognize.

-WotC might put special figures in with Ultimate Missions (or whatever replaces UM)

-The set after Champions of the Force will have a starter and is tenatively named "Bounty Hunters" (not approved yet, though.) It will contain mostly Fringe.

-Darth Bane will not have his organic armor on his mini. [I really hope he's the Jedi vs. Sith Bane. [face_praying] ]

-WotC seems to be designing a Starships Game, separate from the character-based minis line. [Sounds good! :D ]

-You may be able to blow open doors in the future, as a solution to the so-called Artoo Turtle gambit.

The future looks good to me.

:)

8. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Woot Spaceships!

Woot Darth Bane!

I hope they have:
    Kotor Sith Trooper, Darth Zahana, Kotor rpublic trooper, mini-firbreahtier, VY-Freeky animals, Sith freaky animals, Kotor mandolorian, the Sunriders,,Kotor Onderian soilders, Saul Kerath, those guys the sith use, whose name I can't spell and some kotor droids.

9. Sith_Messenger

Sith_Messenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    here is another interview with Rob Watkins. Audio 45 minutes (Zip MP3 file)
    http://www.swendirect.com/archives/robwatkins_interview01.zip

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Gah! Another homemade list of minis people want! It's like the WotC boards all over! :_|

E_S

11. That_WookieWarrior

That_WookieWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways.

Is ROTS already retired? Because I went to iconusa.com and they're sold out and says "Retired".

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not retired so much as out of print; CMG players will know retirement as that which heroClix introduces to render entire squads useless. It is, AFAIK, out of print ATM.

E_S

13. zekk_64

zekk_64 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2005
    Well after a long wait, I finally found the stat card for the at-at.

http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/f1/82/f7_1_b.JPG

let me know what you think!

zekk out.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's too small to read. :( ;)

E_S

15. Caleb14

Caleb14 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    300 hit points!!!