main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Is anybody else into these?
    Nyborg13 just mentioned that he had some.

I am crazy about them. My friend Yoda027 from yodasnews.com just started starwarsminigames.com.

If there are others here, I hope that we can talk about collecting and playing here.
    Post games or trading.
    Post finds and pulls.

I pulled a Dewback and a Wampa last week!

I have talked to the guy at Triple Play about having a Star Wars day there. I don't know their schedule, but I was thinking about seeing if we could schedule a regular SW night there--like every fourth Wednesday or something like that. People could go for trading, play TCG/CCG or mini RPGs. Or we could just play SW trivia or monopoly.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Sounds good, Jacob. There are so many gaming people out there who know nothing of the club, despite our leaving pens and flyers at places like Triple Play. Plus, it would diversify the group even more.

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    I know Gina has been interested in a Star Wars RPG - we have the old WEG rulebook and a bunch of sourcebooks, and while we don't have the new books, we're familiar with the d20 system from 3rd Edition D&D, so it shouldn't be too hard to learn.

-Joe

4. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ive never been one to play the games mainly because there is no one around to play with. I am more into collecting for now but if I could learn how to play then look out A NEW MONSTER CREATE YOU HAVE. Maybe we can hook up Sat. and my son and I can learn some more.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We'll be learning together, because I have never played any RPG. The minis directions seem straight forward though.

Nyborg13--Remind me what your first name was--Are you trying for a complete set, or just fav characters, or army building, or do you want to play at some point? What were those pulls you mentioned?

Joe--Have you seen the minis yet?

6. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    I have not seen the minis yet. Please enlighten me.
    Is it like HeroClix?

-Joe

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You guys need Tim C. for this, but he's gone AWOL on us. He's the resident RPG guy.

8. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Ok, I followed the link to your friend's site and then to teh Wizards site. They seem similar to HeroClix, only HeroClix have their stats on a rotating dial at the base of the figure instead of on a separate card.

-Joe

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Otis the name is Henry and yours Im still trying to put ID'S with names and faces. TimeWalker the stats and classes are on the bottom of each figures base. Any way there just cool and Star Wars so I have to have them all.

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    The RPG stats are on the card. On the bottom of the figure base is just its name, number/60 and a symbol (circle, diamond, star, star in circle) denoting it's rarity (common, uncommon, rare and very rare, respectively).
    If you can't find a starter set, and they are HTF around here, you can download the rules at the WOTC website, and other stuff like custom maps have been posted at starwarsminigames.com.

Henry--that's right--I'm Jacob--bearded guy with two toddler boys from the Saturday night ESB and ROTJ showings. I told you that my parents live in Little Rock.

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Joe--yeah, they are similar to Heroclix, or so I have been told. I have also been told that the rules are less complicated and therefore easier to play.
    --Jacob

12. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Jacob just checked a few of the figures I have. It also has on the bottom what leagoin the belong to and also their hit points. Hey youve got a pm from me.

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Went to the Comic Store in Little Rock today--they had a few boosters and let me leave a stack of starwarsminigames.com flyers. There is a game store close by that also had them and was selling some loose--reasonable prices on Commons and Uncommons, but pretty steep on Rs and VRs.
    He wouldn't take the flyer. :?
    Got a few loose army-builders. Drooled over his Boba Fett that he wants $45 for.

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Henry--I don't think it is hit points--I think it is cost (how many of your alotted 100 poinst for a team).

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I talked to Kevin at Triple Play and he is cool with having Star Wars nights be the fourth Wednesday of every month. This is the time to come to play Star Wars mini games, TCG, Star Wars Monopoly, Trivia and just hang out with other folks who like Star Wars.

Triple play just got TWO big screen TVs for gaming, and I am trying to convince Kevin to invest in Battlefront and KOTOR and other SW games. This is something else we could do on Wednesday nights!

Also, since Tim's outdoor screen will be out of commission as of last night, I suggest that we hold at least a couple of movie nights at Triple Play on their new TVs during the winter! I talked to Kevin about hosting such a SMT event, and he thought something could be arranged.

So! There will be a Star Wars night on Wednesday, October 27. Triple play closes at 8, so I will be there before 6.

Henry Any chance of you ever getting up here on a Wed. night? We will have to play on a Saturday some time. If you're interested, they have SW games (TCG and RPG and minis, I think) on Sundays at the Family Game Center on Rodney Parham.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Jacob. I'm glad to see the varying interests within the group start to take flight. I appreciate your talking to Triple Play and getting things going over there. Thanks!

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks Tim.

So, who is going to come? :D

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Not much of a gamer, to be honest. The last SW game I played (aside from board games) was Rogue Squadron 3D.

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Tim--Well, I am not much of a gamer either, seeing as I have never played a RPG in my life! I just love these miniatures and I want to have another excuse to get together with SW friends--so come and I will let you borrow some of my minis to play against me, or we can do SW trivia or Monopoly if one of us gets it. I need to make a flyer and take it to Kevin and see if I can't get ahold of the one other guy that I have had contact with here who I know is collecting and buying these things--and there have to be tons, 'cause they don't stay in stock! We just have to lure them in here...

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    SW NIGHT AT TRIPLE PLAY--T O N I G H T ! I will be there 5-8 with the DVDs to play on one of his new big-screen TVs! I will be bringing my minis and SW Trivial Pursuit to play.
    I want this to be an anything SW night--doesn't have to be just gaming. Bring Battlefront if you want. Bring trades/trade lists, or costumes, or drawings/comics--whatever! Or just bring yourself and an interest in hanging out and maybe talking about SW or anything else.
    Think of it as a supplement to your regularly scheduled SMT events. :D

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I had fun hanging out with Kevin at Triple Play last night. We are going to try to publicise better next month, and maybe choose a better night.

HE GOT BATTLEFRONT!

I GOT BOBA FETT!

22. Timewalker

Aug 27, 2004
    Sorry we missed it Jacob. We were at Triple PLay today and talked ot Kevin about it. We're going to try for the next one. Of course, it looks like it will be the day before Thanksgiving, so who knows.

-Joe

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks for thinking about it, Joe.
    It will probably not be the day before Thanksgiving. Honestly, the next one might not be until December. We'll see. I will talk to Kevin about possible dates. You have any suggestions?

24. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    "I pulled a Dewback and a Wampa last week! "

I helped pull a plane once. You must be a tired Super-Kid, too!

Sorry I missed the event. I'll be sure to try and make the next one. I always dig playing board games at Tim&Traci's or Rhonda's, and I've heard a lot of good things about the new SW minis. I saw the starter paks at Comics and Collectibles and I think Suncoast. I may have to pick up some just to see what the fuss ia about. If they are like the Hero-Clix I'm sure I'll dig them.

Yeah, too bad TimC is M.I.A.- he's been trying to get something like this started for some time now.

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Sorry we missed it Jacob. We were at Triple PLay today and talked ot Kevin about it. We're going to try for the next one. Of course, it looks like it will be the day before Thanksgiving, so who knows.

Hey, Joe, nice to meet you and Gina on Saturday. Sorry we couldn't stay and hang longer. I wanted to... We did really have to go. We had a church activity that night and we were nowhere near ready.

I helped pull a plane once. You must be a tired Super-Kid, too!
    LMHOROTF!

If they are like the Hero-Clix I'm sure I'll dig them.
    The sculpts and paint are comparable to HeroClix, but they lack the clunky base. Most of their stats are on a separate card.

Careful, they are very addicting, Lin! ;)
    Look forward to seeing you at the next one. Do you have any feedback on when we have it? It has to be a Wednesday, Friday or Saturday for me. The problem with Friday and Saturday is that is when he normally has all his Yugioh! and Magic: The Gathering and other gamers in. Wednesday is much less busy.

I could, theoretically, do the day before Thanksgiving, but I didn't imagine that being good timing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.