main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    EDIT! NOT Wednesday the 17th! I talked to Kevin today and we decided we could do it on that day. Sorry, I can't! My mistake!

He has never seen Episode II, so I am planning on playing that.

If you want to play minis with me, I have enough to share--maybe enough for four people.

TCG and CCG and anything else is welcome.

I hope to play some Battlefront (and before then, too, hopefully!)!

2. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I forgot the reason why I chose the fourth Wednesdays! On the third Wednesday of each month this semester I have a critique with my advisor and his other students! I have to talk to Kevin about a better day.

Again, any suggestions? Lin, Joe, anybody?

3. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    I dunno. Maybe postpone until Dec, 1?

-Joe

4. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'm cool as long as it's not the first Thursday of each month- that's the MSCA dinner meeting night.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Just out of curiosity, are y'all going to be around the day before Thanksgiving? What about the Saturday after--day after black Friday?

December 1 might be getting a little too close to finals for me, and Kevin really wanted to have one each month.

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I talked to Kevin this evening and we decided that December 1 would indeed be the best date. Nov. 19 and 24 were discussed, but since he had already told some people about the 17th he thought more time was better. If you want to get together sometime before then to play Battlefront or minis, we can do that anytime! The last two times I have gone in there Battlefront has been on and he told me they have been playing all day--on both TVs!

Star Wars night at Triple Play, December 1, 5-9pm

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim- can you post that under SMT news on the main site?

BTW- I can bring a copy(ies) of the TC!1 and Drive-In Movie Nights picture disks tomorrow.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    If I can get my computer that has Frontpage up and going, yes.

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    That would be great! I am going to try to work on a flyer this weekend.

Also, Kevin needs some pens. Can you bring some tomorrow so I can keep some to hand out when the opportunity presents itself, and so I can give him some. He has various regular customers who are SW fans--he seems to be really starting to get excited about SW in general. We were talking last night about what he was ordering for Clone Strike, the next mini set.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim, do you want me to work on a general SMT promo card? I can order them and have them for members or folks like Kevin/3ply to keep on hand. What do you think- the SMT pig layout or something new?

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Jacob: I'll try and drop off some SMT pens to Kevin at Triple Play while I'm out today. I have to go to that general area anyway to fill out forms at the Bartlett Public Library. (We have to submit the forms before we can even reserve space!)

Lin: I'm partial to the SMT Pig myself unless you have something better in mind. As always, I trust your judgement and talent.

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Great! Thank you!

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks to an emergency at work, I didn't get a chance to make it over to Triple Play today. I'll shoot for tomorrow or Friday.

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    This has pretty much turned into the SMT Gaming Thread, so I guess I'll post this here.

Well, I've found a new game....

Star Wars Battleship.

It's sat, unopened, in the top of our closet for about eight months now. Emma saw it this morning and begged me to get it down and play with her. Well, about twelve hours later, we finally put it down. It's a blast!

And, somehow, the Empire always wins when playing against the computer. Haven't figured that one out.

And Grand Admiral Thrawn I ain't!

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I've always wanted that. Can you bring it to Triple Play on the first?

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    If I can make it. It all depends on Traci's work schedule. Right now, I have no idea. If I can make it, I'll bring it.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Oh man- that sounds like it could be a blast. I'll have to bring Tom Collins along with me the next time we get together at your house or Rhonda's to play games. He LOVES games!

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tom loves anything and everyone. He works and plays well with others.

The game is great. I'm sure Emma will hit me up for a rematch as soon as I walk in the door tonight.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim-MTFBWY!

Just posted the game night info on the MidSouthCon and Captain Comics boards. Maybe that'll help spread the word.

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Cool! Thanks, Lin!!!

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey- figured it couldn't hurt!

Besides, I am the SMT Media Relations/Publicist- or at least Dark Lord of SMT Propaganda!

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I like the second one, Lin. Goes with my mood.

I finally had the chance to drop by Triple Play and give Kevin a bunch of pens. He and I were trying to discuss SW board games that he was considering getting for use in the store, but we kept getting interrupted by another SW fan.

All I'll say is this: The next goober who complains to me that the no-money-down, absolutely-free-of-charge, promotional-giveaway pen they picked up (did I mention they got it for free?) didn't work, I'm zapping them with Dark Side lightning and shoving the pen down their throat. What do they expect from a free pen? And I will say this: I've been grabbing them out of the box in the back of my car when I need a pen, and they work fine. Sure, you have to scribble a bit to get them flowing at the get-go, but after that, they're fine.

Did I mention that they're free?

23. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    All I'll say is this: The next goober who complains to me that the no-money-down, absolutely-free-of-charge, promotional-giveaway pen they picked up (did I mention they got it for free?) didn't work, I'm zapping them with Dark Side lightning and shoving the pen down their throat. What do they expect from a free pen?

Uhhhmm... hey Tim, that pen you gave me at Nightmarez doesn't work....

And I will say this: I've been grabbing them out of the box in the back of my car when I need a pen, and they work fine. Sure, you have to scribble a bit to get them flowing at the get-go, but after that, they're fine.

Just kidding, after a scribble it works fine. I used it a lot this weekend as we were buying home organizing stuff at Lowe's and Wal-Mart and I needed something to write down measurements. Lo and behold! A Suspicious Mind Trick Pen!!! SALVATION!
    I then used it yesterday to sign the (hopefully) last form needed to finally (hopefully) close on the sale of the last piece of real estate in my Mom's estate. Hopefully we can get this thing closed by the end of the year and I'll never have to hear the word probate again.

Thanks Dude!

-Joe

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Joe: Thank you for backing me up on that one! What? Does it kill people to do the pre-use scribble with a pen? I have to do it for the ones I buy for the office!

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003

I got free tickets to Monday night wrestling once- they were almost worth the price I paid to go!

Ah, Tim- peoples is peoples. Dude, I've had people bitch about seats to free concerts/movies, didn't like the free t-shirt they were getting and wanted to exchange it for one that costs twice as much- I could go on, but that's for another thread! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.