main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Star Wars Miniatures

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Anybody dispute my decision?

Hey, you know me- I would have traded it for a Slave Leia or Twi'lek dancer! Speaking of which, saw the 'Pole Dancer' Unleashed Leia out at the SH Wal-Mart. That was about the only thing interesting they had- and I already had it!

2. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    You know there is a slave leia mini, don't you? Too bad I just traded away the extra one I had. I actually had three of them at one time.

3. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    D'oh!

You guys collect and build armies- I'm gonna build a harem!

4. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    BTW- saw this on the MSC boards about gaming.

If you have any suggestions, questions, ideas, or comments about gaming, or you would like to volunteer to help out, E-mail us at: games@midsouthcon.org

5. Mace_NickDU

Mace_NickDU Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2004
    I finally broke out the minis and read the rules/again and again, and I played a game whith my sister and I was surprised how fast the game goes. I expected it to be like roll a di to move/breath.
    But its fun, I enjoyed myself and my little storm troopers gunning down my sisters ewok. I decided I would make an imperial army. SO Il trade or buys any extra stormy troopers or any imp peices you have two of. Ill buy y first booster pack tommorrow. Hopefully Ill get something good.

hope you had a good thanks giving, cause I did!

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    You know, we could always use the action figures instead of the minis. Then everyone already has an army. :p

7. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    Then we'd need bigger squares, and seeing that most of mine are boxed. Then we need to play on books.
    No but that is a good idea!

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    That might be fun to do sometime, but we'd have to play as teams and make one big map for everyone to play on the floor. We could bring our loose figures and stands and use the cards from the mini game or play with other RPG rules if someone thought it was more appropriate. Maybe that could be the gimmick at some future Gaming Night at Triple Play!

9. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    Hehehe i am pleasently surprised on how my booster turned out. I got 2 stormtroopers, one is an elite, a quarren assasin, another ewok,Ig-88,rebel trooper and rebel pilot.Ill be willing to get rid of any of my rebels for an imp.plus my dengar figure came in the mail today!

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Nice pulls.

I always love getting more stormies!

11. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    EMPEROR PALPATINE!anyone have a spare one they dont want,hehe.(sigh)I want the mini so bad,but finding it is like choosing pepsi in a pepsi/coke taste test, impossible. Its mife goal in life to find him! I wont eat for weeks too find him...hehehe my precious.....

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Good Luck! I pulled him once, traded it away, and then decided I wanted a full set and he was the last one I got. Never pulled him again--got him in a trade just last week.

13. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    I just won an ebay auction, I got Emp Palpatine, two royal guards, and a mara jade figure fo 20 dollas its the shizznit

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Good deal. That will add nicely to your imperial force.

15. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    hey jacob, is there a gaming night at triple play every wed. or is it a one night thing.
    Cause I have school off next wed. ANd im not sure if Ill get my new minis by then, Ill wanna try em' out!

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    The plan is to have one Star Wars gaming night every month. The original plan was for the 4th Wed of each month, but since last Wed was the day before Thanksgiving, it was changed to this wed.
    Right, Jacob?

-Joe

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Dang! I just wrote a huge response to this and lost it--poof! Gone into cyberspace--somehow I got logged out of the forums.

Bottom line is___Kevin is always interested in having more SW fans at Triple Play, so if you want to play or hang out, find someone to game with and set up a time. He has lots of gaming tables and there is almost always room to play. You can also play Battlefront and other video games on his two X-Box/Huge Screen TV set-ups.

Is anyone else interested in next Wednesday? I will be too busy that day, but might be interested in playing on Saturday 11 or some time the next week.

We originally planned on having gaming night on the fourth Wednesday of every month, but I have no idea what my schedule will be like next semester.

The other question is whether to have a gaming night between now and when I go back to school in mid-January. I will be in Arkansas most of that time.

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I went by there yesterday and Kevin is pumped for tomorrow--was even talking about Wookie costumes (We'll make a fanboy of him yet ;) ).

I also am stoked about it!

Who's coming? And, just out of curiosity--what are you coming to do? Hang? Play minis? Play other RPGs? Play CCG/TCG? Play Battlefront? Or what?

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'll be there, hangin', checking out Battlefront, maybe some BattleShip, and checking out how the mini game is palyed. I'm sure it would be easier to pick up after watching a game or two first.

20. Mace_NickDU

Oct 23, 2004
    Im goin, wat time does this start, cause thats the day I get my nose checked.

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    It is scheduled 5-9.

22. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    It'll probably be closer to 6pm before I can get out there with traffic and all. I-240/40 is a pain that time of day, and I need to grab some grub on the way.

See ya there-

Lin

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Unfortunately, I'm not 100% certain I can make it tonight. It all depends on what disasters happen today.

24. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    We're planning on being there tonight. Hopefully a little after 5 if traffic agrees with us.
    We should be bringing Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, and a few X-Box games (depending on what I remember).

-Joe

25. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Heard Kevin's traffic mention early today on 103, then later on during the Wake-Up Crew's show I heard a longer produced spot that was all about Star Wars Night at Triple Play! :) I don't know if 103 is a good target market for what he's going after, but it was cool to hear it!

Tim, hope you can make it. How're your kidneys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.